or Connect

Posts by thefinlex

Self employed painter and decorator since Noah was a boy....my own boss,my own time,cant do it any other way.......on here as and when but never while working as websurfing and paperhanging do not mix well!!
Fair comment,I wasn't meaning to be as blunt as it may of come across,just feel that the general consensus that blades are only for elite players is harsh and that genuine game improvement can be hindered for some by clubs designed to hide your faults and "help" you...that said I agree that any great shot hit with any club is a complete buzz and keeps us all coming back next week in search of the perfect round.I like the pringles reference too! they usually get called...
Instant feedback IMO. Modern clubs are very forgiving and can have you thinking you've hit a nice one and its actually not at all....Blades have no such trouble letting you know you actually just hacked one and it scuttles 40 yds left BUT it does reward good ball striking every time and gets you focused on the result rather than the process ie. you know you must hit it flush and suddenly you've forgotten that its uphill into the wind and a tight pin,your'e just thinking...
Age: 43 Height: 5" 10 Where are you from: Originally Melbourne Aus. Last 15 years east coast of Scotland. How Long have you been Playing: forever Best Score: 75 Favourite club in the bag: changes like the weather Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: is their a golf magazine I have not read somewhere?  Where do you play: Home course Dunbar Scotland,like to collect courses of note in this part of the world  Best courses you've played so far: For pure golf...
hmm tricky one....if you can reach the front bunker you can also reach the water with a big block/push or wind "assisted" shot. Front bunker and fairway bunker with that pin position scream "sucker" to me! Not many could fly that front bunker let alone stop it on green if they did lash on on the wind...... lay it up,wedge in with good look at bird,worst case par and move on.Plenty of guys will go for it and make 6 out of that/those bunkers in comp so focus on other...
general rule for me is always good to yell "fore" it its anywhere near,its a useful warning not a signal of intent! second that does look a dodgy layout! I would encourage course management to put up a screen/mesh fence or whatever to protect tee box on 14 from what looks like it must be fairly common occurrence on that hole ??   anyhoo,i think he overreacted a bit and its always a useful diffuser to yell fore at anything "close enough"...
Agree with above and wonder......are you having fun?? if your enjoying yourself it easier to do just about anything! if your finding it a chore then maybe step back,invite a good buddy or even your Dad for a bounce game away from all the "pressure" you feel just now,someone who shoots what you do and go to a nice easy "fun" course and give each other a bit of stick,some fun banter and get back to the simple joy of flushing an iron or rolling in an 8ft putt form your...
I want it out every time,then I can focus on nothing but trying to hole it,its a confidence thing particularly in matchplay when your opponent stands next to flag and asks "in or out? tended?" I always say firmly "out thanks" so we both know I'm trying to bury it!!
Whenever my best mates Dad visits we play a 3ball for beers and laughs.Played a 9 holer one afternoon over a few beers and the 6th on this course was elevated 125 yd par 3,tee maybe 40 feet above green.Its surrounded by trees and a very picturesque hole.Id had a scrubby hole on the 5th so was last to tee off,both other shots sitting on green,nothing special but good looks at birdie when my effort with PW is carved into the trees on the right to much...
maybe watch a few vids of good ol slammin Sam Snead? just a thought but for me in my practice and warm ups i like to stop at the  top of b'swing...try to simulate a "squat" Snead style and then fire thru to finish.It just gets you moving in sequence nicely as a warm up and gets you in the mood for the "firing" move you talk about with the hips always leading the way without overemphasising ? the movement into a slide..good luck,works for me and certainly did for Sam!