or Connect

Posts by thefinlex

advice ?           trust in your swing,its yours and your to old to change and thats ok (I am only 44 but i haven't got the time or inclination to go the                         whole rebuild thing!!)   Clubs  ?           Driver...driver....and driver! its my number one reason for dropping shots and finding trouble   setting  ?         In the "studio"   with the video so we can nerd up on the carnage before our eyes while using feel drills to achieve something        ...
I con myself that I can still "get it out there" with driver.......then you tee it up against some rubber limbed youngster in the Saturday medal who lazily smashes his driver 40 yds past me...and then it lands and runs out!!!   hopefully he's a rubbish putter eh? I can con myself quite a bit!
check lie,wind and gps Choose club address ball gripfidget and regrip once or twice 2 waggles forward press Rip it
Lay it up all day long,there's surely heaps of other holes to go for it on and with steep slope the actual carry to the dancefloor must be 250 and more than a few guys will get a reality check about how far they can carry a drive if they go for it.....No doubt theres a student with a snorkel living nearby will await on the next tee selling nearly new, slightly damp pro V1's cheap?   If you go for it you witgh your average 235 blow   End up wet or on steep slope with...
Early sat morn,Qtr final of pairs comp,4UP on 13th hole, my partner and I are dovetailing well and looking to break their hearts,Ive pulled my drive big style onto adjacent (12th) fairway but actually got plenty on it and left myself a great line into the green.Blind shot into front flag on a green that slopes severely back to front with 4 bunkers protecting it.Quite windy thev'e all come up short from the "right" fairway,Ive got 126yds to front pin,gripped down and...
"great" golfers are the ones on TV."good" golfers are the guys at your club off less than 5.The rest of us are varying degrees of average to poor with a wonderful mixture of styles and methods.Consider a common scenario....Medal play on a Saturday,guy in full $$$$kit ,aesthetically beautiful swing on the 1st tee,obviously fancying his chances ( we all do, hey,with that swing he must be good... right?) then the gangly guy standing next to him in the bad shirt swinging like...
wilson fluid feel blades in my bag,circa mid 80's,they are things of beauty in great cond ,i re grip them every year,regroove every other and will shed many tears when they fall apart altho i feel i might first!! everything else is pretty new but my irons are forever
enjoying this thread,for me its the ability to "score" well ,combining all of the above attributes with what the better player knows he's capable/not capable of in any given round...my buddy plays off 4 and he just doesnt miss fairways,wind,rain links,parkland.....its unbelievable! yet he cant putt for toffee,if he could he'd be scratch or +'s in a heartbeat while im off 12,spray it wildly off the tee at least 3 times a round costing who knows how many shots and rely on my...
as above get some advice on the my swing section, but hey....if everybody was actually honest about how far they hit it then i think youd find you are in very good company!! I mean,who doesnt rip it 280 off the tee with alarming regularity?? lots of guys apparently who then also fall 25 yds short of the green with their approach shot 9iron from 120......"cant believe the wind got up just as I swung it" yeeaah riightt tiger!! I think you would be well advised to carry on...
Self employed painter and decorator since Noah was a boy....my own boss,my own time,cant do it any other way.......on here as and when but never while working as websurfing and paperhanging do not mix well!!