or Connect

Posts by mdlee3

If I hit both my first and 2nd shots well on #8, I usually end up towards the back of the green. Maybe not on it, but I'm generally somewhere around the back half of the green even if it's to the left or right. It's that 30-35% chance I figure I have of ending up in the hazard if I don't hit it well. On hole #7, with the pond in front and the creek in back, I do feel the correct 2nd shot is to layup from the distance I'm shooting simply because there isn't a lot of room...
First, allow me to tell a little bit of my story before I get into the question.   I've been playing golf on a pretty regular basis for about 10 years and for about 5 years before that, I'd play a few rounds a year. Obviously, during the 5 years, my game didn't improve much, but over the last 10, my shot has started to improve and over the last 2 years, it has improved a lot. My technique has improved and with it, my distance has increased. I have 2 holes specifically...
This is a great topic and something I've been doing for about 3 years now. When I first started doing it, I was a really bad chipper and I'd say a below average putter. So I'd usually still end up with a short bogey putt instead of a short par putt, but a bogey is better than what I'd usually end up with if I went for the pin, missed, and had to chip back onto the green. This approach has also allowed me to improve my putting immensely. Since I knew I'd be taking longer...
Stick with it and you'll eventually break 100. I've been playing for 15 years and before this year had only broken 100 twice, both times were a 96. This year, I changed something with my swing and I'm hitting the ball a lot better and I've broken 100 in 12 straight rounds now. My best is a 94 and my worst is a 99, but I made a beautiful approach shot to save bogey after a penalty to break 100 that round.
I can't give any advice because I also hit the ball pretty low. Just wanted to make some observations. My brother is my usual playing partner and he hits pretty much everything super high while I hit low line drives for the most part.   If there is a crosswind, then our distances are pretty much the same, give or take about 5 yards, but mine will typically be more accurate since it's not influenced by the wind as much. If there's a tailwind, then he'll be quite a bit...
I'm new on the board and came across this topic. Of the choices listed, I'd have to say my driver. My drives don't go far (avg. drive only being 235-240 yards), but I hit most of my fairways and that obviously gives me an easier second shot. If I get in trouble with my drive, I'm not a good enough shot-maker to get out of it a lot of times.   This option wasn't listed, but I think the real most valuable part of my game is the mental game. I don't let a bad shot,...