or Connect

Posts by hotrodjimbo

More on the 4 iron :) some par 3s too I tend to hook the 4 iron off a tee .
Kurt , you are like most of us ! I would rather carry a 5 wood than a 3 wood. I can hit a 3 wood 220-230 about 50% of the time the 5 wood I can hit it safe 75% of the time my distance is more erratic 190-225 it mostly depends on where in my stance I put the ball if I have 200 yards to clear water I might put the ball a half to an inch further back . What that does in effect is lower the loft . 5 woods and hybrids are more forgiving due to the higher lofts . I have to have...
Team , All u need is a driver and a 3 & 4 hy. And 5-lw . I wrote a post to you a minute ago ,and it may explain why you have trouble with fairway woods . You are trying you hit them like irons , maybe chopping down on them . Fairway woods you use a sweeping type of swing . Distance does you no good at all if the result is anything but fairways and greens . I play with a guy that has driver then 5 iron through lob wedges . I thought he was nuts . But he is always in the...
Team , I have a couple of observations that may help you . To answer the question u asked about grips I would take the advice several gave by trying one- two clubs and see how it feels . You hit the nail on the head by noticing you have and outside to in swing . Lee Trevino made the hall of fame with a swing like that . One thing ill bet you do not do is let your hands roll naturally through the ball . What I mean basically is to hold the club out in front of you like a...
Golfrguy, yes Scotty's custom shop can do some cool things . Someone got a good deal on that putter , I would say that the work was not done by Scotty's shop . There are several places that refinish and customize putters and sell them on eBay . Furthermore you can buy all the components u see on that putter on eBay and put them on your self. That particular club would be one I would have refinished at Scotty's shop . I have several SC. Putters I have paint filled and...