or Connect

Posts by nilssoa

Thanks for the reading advice, will read those books. It's the outside of the left hipjoint that hurts. I think it is when I push my left hip too far forward and get blocked in the follow through but I'm not really sure. Get the sensation that the hip isn't turning correctly in it's socket. Is my posture ok? I'm not a hunchback...
I've been Playing Golf for: 14 years​  My current handicap index or average score is: 9.0 My biggest concern is that my left hip hurts when I play. I'm guessing there is something wrong in the way i swing. I have always had a short/blocked follow through, can that be the cause of my problem? Any help is much appreciated. From yesterdays game
Hello, I just found his articles and they really made sense to me. My swing is what he would call a stall and flip. Too much arm action and to much flip in my release. Have had a really hard time to get my sving on a proper plane. Last three rounds I've tried to implement his thoughts in my swing. Now when I try to keep the clubface square to the clubpath through the impact zone I'm improving in a big way. Somehow my intuition seems improved, out of nowhere I can work...
Overspeed swings has helped me in a big way to stay more relaxed. Swinging a shaft with no head attached helps me to identify parts of the swing where I need to stay more relaxed to be able to swing at my full speed. Have read people claiming that overspeed work is so great because it activates fast twitch muscles. That might be true but I think the big thing is it helps groove a faster movement.
I have a Cleveland Classic no. 3 and had the tape at the back of the putter at first but now i moved it to the bortom of the club. Both positions changed the feel at impact quite a lot. Have been trying to hit a little bit higher on the ball so wasn't bothered by tape under the club. Dont know if it's placebo but already at 6 added grams it made short pendulum storkes feel smoother. Now i have 12 grams of tape, thing the club head weighs 340g. Yesterday I had excellent...
In the video the Longdrive guy had two "clubs" for his overspeed training. An alignment stick with some kind of grip on it and weight at the tip, this was used for two hand overspeed work. Then he had a normal driver shaft with no head attached and he only used it for one arm work. Was there a reason for not sticking som weight at the tip of a regular driver shaft for the two hand work as well?   Tried some overspeed work at the range yesterday with an old drivershaft...
I´ve read the book and there were lots of new information to me. I would have liked a few more examples of on course strategy, he had one example and I would have liked more. As a 10hcp with subpar shot consistency every improvement in game strategy and course management is needed, to me the book was definitely a good buy.   My take on the putting speed debate is that there can not be an optimal length past the hole, rather an optimal speed at the hole. As the book...
Yesterday I started wondering if I´m even striking the ball in the correct way when putting. Would really like to hear your thoughts about it.   I use to have the putter resting on the ground behind the ball, make my pendulum and try to return the putter to the same position, kind of brushing the grass. Most of the time it works ok, but sometimes I duff it.    I started thinking if it may be better to aim the middle of the clubface at the middle of the ball? I guess...
 Hi, Why do you have a more pronounced reversed K with the driver? I understand why you do it when you want to hit down on the ball, but is it really good when trying to hit up on it?
After reading the hit up vs down thread it got me thinking about the advise to tilt away from target to hit up on drivers. To me that feels quite counter-intuitive as the more you tilt your spine away from target the further in front you need the ball to actually hit up on it. Am I missing something? When tilting too much the bottom of the arc comes below ground leading to very shamefull duffed drives.   In theory, is there any differences between    Closed stance,...