or Connect

Posts by Siberian

As you can see by my avatar pic, I have a 1984 Hogan Apex PC 1-iron, part of a 1-E set purchased new after my 1972 Apex set was stolen :-(. Back when my swing was in better tune, I used to hit it all the time for controlled tee shots on narrow / layup holes, and second shots on par 5s. Very hard to hit if your swing is the least bit off, but when you're playing well, hitting a Hogan 1-iron on the button is as good as it gets. Hit poorly, it's as bad as it gets. Hit it well...
For the record, I've watched a bunch of Rotary Swing videos and they are very good. The approach to making a good take-away is brilliant and is at the core of their approach. They do go on about hip and back issues in places, but the fix they apply is simple and wholly in line with the solid swing fundamentals they teach. Additionally, their 'push' vs 'pull' concept and effect on swing dynamics is well worth some study. In general, the Rotary Swing is the same swing Herman...
Diablo,   Hmm, not sure you should put your game in my hands. I will say this: what I like about Herman is that he teaches solid fundamentals. A good setup, decent take-away, and starting down with the legs / hips first are universal requirements for a solid strike. Anyone making it more complicated than this is blowing smoke IMHO. I've passed by the rotary swing site, and believe I saw some blather about hip issues if you slide you hips too far left as you start down....
Diablo,   I had the same issue with my left arm being to the left of my chest instead of being on top of the pec muscle. As a kid with a two-knuckle grip, the arm was naturally more on top, but with a neutral grip now (I changed due to a wrist operation when I was 18), it's all too easy to let the left arm sit on the side of the chest. Ever feel like there's just no way to take the club back, that you're blocked? That is me sometimes. Before seeing Herman's emphasis on...
I've recently become a huge fan. I've been onto his videos and blog for a few weeks now. He's an excellent communicator of golf fundamentals.You get the what and the why, the bio-mechanical cause and effect, made easy to understand. No fads, no 'secrets', just a heavy dose of meat and potatoes. I went to the range at lunch today to put a few of his tips into practice. (Tips that just make SO much sense once you hear them.)  I hit the ball as well as I have in my life,...
Just took my new Cobra AMP Cell Pro purchase from Global Golf to the range:   Men's Right Cobra AMP Cell Pro Silver Driver Adjustable Loft, Standard Lie, Length Standard, Stiff, Graphite, Matrix OZIK 6M3 Black Tie.   Condition: Excellent. As far as I could tell, this club had never been hit when examined - it looked brand new. Ditto for the 'used' head cover. Price: about $135 plus a head cover and wrench.   This club just blew away my trusty Callaway FT-3 Tour 8.5...
I play 1984 Hogan Apex PC. (1-E set bought new in 1984 to replace a similar set of 1972 Apex irons that were stolen). I bought a set of Titleist 735 CMs that have similar short irons and some cavity on the long irons, but have never liked the ball flight. I'm back to my old Hogans and happy with the decision. 
Hi guys,   Used to post under a different account, but it's been a while. About to turn 60 and have been re-tuning my body, so I can re-tune my game. I grew up with Hogans. My first set was circa 1972 (Apex II?), but they got stolen on my Honeymoon it '84 (along with a hand-me-down wedge that had been hand ground by Chi Chi himself - wedge game has never been the same). So, I got a 1-E set of 1984 Apex PC's to replace them.   When I first got back to playing...