or Connect

Posts by tpcollins

PM sent.
Got it back, I'm impressed for $75 . . .    
I haven't gotten it back yet, here's a pic before I sent it to him. The last time it rained in my league, I was planning to dry it off when I got home. But I had too many beers with my cheeseburger basket in the clubhouse and I forgot all about it until a couple days later. I'll post an "after" picture when I get it back.  
I found a guy that does the shiny black oxide finish and sent my Catalina to him last week - $75 for the finish and paint fill. He just emailed me and said he shipped it to me this morning, he's 100 miles from me here in Michigan so I should see it Monday. My fingers are crossed . . .  
Scotty Cameron wants $175 plus tax plus shipping to restore my Catalina. Tom Slither wants $119 plus $19 shipping. I assume it doesn't get any cheaper than the Tom Slither route? 
I sold them earlier this year but I can't remember if I ever found out or not - Old Timer's disease.  I may have called Golfsmith but I don't remember if I got an answer or not - getting old is tough.
After seeing numerous post here about the Mizuno MX20 being some of the easiest irons to hit, and having own a set on Comp EZ years ago, I found a very nice used set on fleabay at a really good price - dang these clubs go long and straight! Best irons I've ever owned.   Two weeks ago I was playing with my son-in-law who was using either Titleist or Pings and sliced his 5 iron into the wind on the last 175 yard par 3. I had already carved my 4 iron pin high. I handed him...
Even though I'm doing more things right than I have in a long time, and the fact I'm hitting the both straighter and maybe a hair longer, I continue to have my divot start behind the ball instead of in front of it. While at the range today, I tried to move the ball a tad back from center but seemed to want to pull the ball left. So I played around with rotating back more on the backswing and a bigger effort on my hip rotation and that seemed to get the divot started more...
Thanks to mvmac and some tips from a few other golf instructors, I was able to shoot my best round in a long time last night in our league - a 39. I should had a 38 but I left the 53 wedge home in favor of the 5 wood and had to stand on a SW from 86 yards out - pulled it left and didn't get up and down.   Now if I can always remember to:   - strong grip - don't move head - upper arm contact same at address (mvmac's tee under armpit) - on backswing club head...
Well duh - I called the pro shop and talked with the guy that bends lies and lofts and he said he could do it. I was there in 20 minutes, bought another wedge at their "garage sale" while I was waiting, guy did an excellent job. The sole lies flat as a pancake at address now - I'm feeling it!