or Connect

Posts by EpicNorCalGolf

I disagree. Why would you factor in your miss hits when averaging club distances? If you're 150 out from the green, are you gonna hit your 200 yard club in case you miss hit it 100 yards?No offense meant and you're correct - For a true average you would clearly need to factor those hits in. But for an average that can actually be applied to your golf game, you of course wouldnt factor those in.That, and his numbers were completely reasonable.
Goals are always changing. I started about 6 years ago and have gotten seriously Hooke in the last 2-3. At first it was to break 100. Then 90. Then 80. Those goals have been met and replaced with new ones. The problem I'm finding is that as the bar gets set higher, so does the difficulty of attaining. I'm carrying roughly a 12 index right now, yet I've only broken 80 3 times. That's a whole lot of 81s, 82s, etc. I would say getting the index down to a single digit is...
I know I've wrestle with this moral dilemma. You've got a great round going, you hook or slice a shot but think it stayed in. You get up there and can't find your ball. You spend a few minutes looking and finally realize its OB. At this point the next group is waiting on the tee box. You're obligated under the rules to return to the tee box, but instead take a drop and 2 strokes, rationalizing it by saying you would've done at least that well with your second tee shot...
It really comes down to both clubhead speed and the amount of energy being transferred to the ball at impact. Though the woods and hybrid may have a longer shaft which would in theory make them harder to control, the mass behind the impact point is significantly greater. As a result, slightly off center strikes are still going to transfer a significant amount of energy to the ball. That mass also helps for plowing through taller grass with less chance that the clubhead...
Couldn't agree more. I played my first competitive tournament about 2 months ago. I woke up early, wore my lucky shirt, got there 2 hours early, hit a shit load of balls, was feeling good and tripled the first hole. It took me a about 5 holes, and about 7 strokes over par to stop caring and relax. I finally settled into my game and finished 4 strokes over my index. Considering I gave more than half of those in the first 5 holes, I'll call it a mental victory.Played my...
I shot a 92 at Spanish Bay, an 88 at Abu Dhabi and a 77 at St Andrews today. Played at Eagle club, the new indoor simulator in downtown San Francisco today :) The guy at the counter thought I was nuts when I asked him to set me up for my 3rd round. Anything inside of 10' was a 1 putt, anything outside of that was a 2 putt. I think I was averaging about 30 putts per round, so I still feel pretty good about the scores.
So I've been fighting some major inconsistencies with my tee shots over the last couple of weeks... Lets call it 50% straight, 25% pulled left and 25% sliced right. I setup in front of a mirror today at the range and would take my normal backswing and hold it. I was definitely going past parallel at the top. I set up my iPhone and took a couple of videos of full swings and it was even worse during my full swing. I was consciously thinking about it during my round after a...
Posted an 84 on a true 85 (ESC on an 8 I put up on a par 5 due to a horrible tee shot followed by an even worse attempt at a low percentage recovery shot). 39 on the front and hit every fairway. 45 on the back with 2 fairways. 6 GIR and 3 scrambles for par. 30 putts. I think with the slope it put me 1 under my index. Still thinking of some stupid silly shots I left out there.
I was playing regular flex for all of my clubs except a 19* hybrid. I had the matching hybrid in a 25* and it was my go to club, but had a regular flex shaft. Long story short, that stiff shafted 19* became a serious hook/pull liability. So much so that both it and my 25* just got traded in for a couple of new RBZ hybrids. World of difference. You can't buy a game, but they sure look pretty and at least they're consistent.
Denny- Just downloaded the app and I agree, it does look like it would be time consuming and require too much screwing aroun with during a round. Maybe I'll adjust my scoring system on the card so I can go back afterwards and input it into GL. Spyder- since i do it every round, this actually takes me no time at all. When I finish putting out, I'm just adding in FIR and GIR in addition to what you're doing. I like to track it, but really don't do anything with the info...