or Connect

Posts by Second Chance

I can't disagree with your feedback...and your experience in this field. I just think that once people under how the swing path and impact angles affect ball flight it becomes an issue of feel. Some feel it in their hands, others in their legs/arms, etc.
Yes and yes...   I taped my mirror for my wedges ( I have issues with my stance getting too wide) and my putter. Wife hates a bunch of clubs in the house... It's a full length mirror that is elevated on my bathroom door.   My wife was sweet enough to tape when I held the club appropriately...at least to Hogan/Foley standards. I've found that doing 10-25 reps a night has helped me go unconscious during my setup in a round. I'm so focused on the target, and...
  I'm actually really satisfied with my swing... it's not perfect, but then again that's what makes golf different and such a challenge. I truly believe it had a lot to do with my shoe grip. Over the winter I spent hours working with a golf specific trainer, TPI certified. I went from 106mph swing speed to 115+mph on good days. However, sometimes I find that the extra power is very difficult to control in wet weather or when my spikes get clogged.   I was mostly looking...
Does anyone have issues when it's raining/wet out of your ball going left? I really had to slow my swing WAY down today in wet weather or everything went left. I kept cleaning my spikes, but it didn't seem to solve the problem...   I normally play a cut, but today it was just left...no cut.   I've been hitting 7-10 FIR and 9-13 GIR lately, but today I couldn't even hit the broad side of a barn. I just never felt solid over the ball...or connected to the...
I've incorporated a range ritual that helps me avoid this issue, hope you can gain something from what works for me.   When I am at the range I hit one=three shots utilizing a drill (step drill for weight shift as an example), the next shot I attempt to feel the same thing in my golf swing looking for the right trajectory. Once I get that feeling I move on to the next shot. Then I begin hitting shots with a video (V1 app on my phone) to make sure what I'm doing is...
  You can check out the trackman data anytime...just visit thier website. It's been proven that the way we understand a fade/draw has changed. Your discussion of spin is very accurate, but I have experimented with the feel of both and know for a fact that your hands play a far more critical role that either of us discussed. Either way, we are saying very similar things...and I doubt arguing over semantics is worth it at this point.   HOWEVER, I recently did some research...
See the shot, find my intermediate target. Pause, breath...see the shot landing close to the pin. Sometimes I take a practice swing...but it's only to get the muscles ready to hit. I line up, look at my target, return my eyes to the ball...see the target in my mind. I look back at the ball...find a dimple, look at the target...back to the dimple, feel a solid impact in my hands, back to the target waggle, back to the dimple, SWING!!!
If you want to go under (coming from a former +2) you don't absolutely need a rangefinder. However, to do it faster...you will! What TourSpoon outlined above is course management...which leads to improved confidence. A rangefinder will only speed up that process, which actually gives you more time to COMMIT to your shot. It dropped my handicap from a 4 to a 2 almost immediately... I am starting to go under par on 9 holes, but can't string together a full 18 yet. I do...
Thanks man!   I have the diamana x60 shaft XXXX/5000...which retails for "WAY TOO MUCH"... and I would hate to cut it, screw up the swing weight and have to deal with the aftermath of wasted money. I'm in communication with my club fitter, but he seems to think I'm crazy. Funny how sensitive clubmaker's are...regardless of the overwhelming data to support this argument.    Either way, once I get the right amount of choke up-- I'll probably go the same route you did. My...
Thanks!   Yeah, I want to go to a 44"-44.5 driver. I've been experimenting with choking up a half inch and see no loss of distance, but tons of feel and a lot more accuracy. It's an obvious improvement, but I'm worried that cutting the shaft won't be the fix. I think I'm just going to continue anthony kimming it... :)