or Connect

Posts by thumper07

thanks for the compliments guys. the field is right next to my home course. i only hit 7-8 balls then go pick them up(lots of walking, notice the weight loss from first vid and current) i do this so i dont get in the mind set of mindlessly beating balls, i focus on each ball and try to hit a certain shot. each ball gets full preshot routine and a precise target i'm trying to hit to. if im feeling lazy i'll only hit wedges so i dont have to walk real far. -matt
the results of a round should never weigh on your mind, a round of golf is simply a series of single shots that you must play one at a time. thats how you should look at it. -matt
I have been working on my swing and starting to see some good results. I dont use a pro or get lessons, kinda self taught. I record my swing then try and fix things that dont look right. I am currently at about a 6 hcp but thats because i cant putt. My ball flight is a high draw and my misses are blocks/hooks. As you can see i still get kinda stuck coming into the hitting area. I dont know how to fix it. Things i would like to work on are getting the club up on...
i like them, the nv is probally the best value shaft ever made. -matt
ok i'm goin to make a long story as short as possible. I am 24 and have been playing since i was little(dont remember the actual year) I play RH but i do everything in life LH. Never really did any thinking about til last week when i was playing with a LH putter for fun in golf galaxy and it looked and felt real comfortable and rolled the ball real well. So anyway i bought the putter and absolutely love it, ok now i will putt lefty, makes sense. just for shits and...
First off Merry Christmas to everyone. OK I have a question I know is stupid, I am a volunteer firefighter, last night we did a santa detail. I dressed up as santa and we drove around many neighborhoods while i froze my ass off waving to kids and making them happy. My question is as a catholic was it wrong for me to promote christmas with santa claus, when the real reason to celebrate christmas is the birth of jesus? Now i am not losing sleep over this I would like to...
how are you an 8hc with that swing? very nice swing, very nice -matt
definately no insert if you want to putt well in my opinion. inserts take away what all great putters had and that is feel. i'm sorry but you could have the best stroke in the world and hit every putt exactly where you aim but if you hit it too hard through the break or leave it short and in the heart it doesn't really matter how good your stroke is. inserts just dont provide the feedback needed to putt well. I'm not just bias to camerons i really like(and used to own)...
it is very important that regardless of how strong or weak your grip is, that your palms face each other. if not your hands will not work as a unit and that could be something else to compensate for. -matt
do it! i have lost about 45lbs now and between losing weight and getting healthy and working on my swing i am now down to about a 4. I was an 11 when the first video was shot. losing the weight and gaining muscle will change your game. in the first video i am hitting an 8 iron about 145 now i'm at 160. -matt