or Connect

Posts by RoyJeeBiv

strange it took 16 posts for someone to point this out... i would have put up a pretty good stand to get the $25 back in my pocket where it belonged. if nobody wins, then by default, everyone gets their $$ back... if the bet carried over to another hole, you should have been in on it... did you simply play through at that point, or...??
out of curiosity, for those of you who are using it -- does the shortened backswing promote a brief pause at the top??   i haven't ever really taken a 'huge' backswing (so i'm wondering if i've always had a shorter backswing, TBH), but i have had great success concentrating on the slightest of pauses at the top of my swing.  i've recently been able to increase my tempo from what i would consider 'comfortably deliberate' to 'naturally smooth', and the last two rounds i...
juvenile behavior...??  no.   weird...??  abso-friggin-lutely.
nothing like finding a ProV1 tagged w/ "Uncle Randy's Breezy Balls".
 agreed.  everyone likes to point to the stats, but it doesn't take each of our typical experiences into account.   if you play open courses, then longer into rough probably isn't too bad. on tight or woodsy courses, i'm not so sure.
my opinion is probably skewed b/c my home course is very tight, with OB surrounding half of the holes.     driver into rough 20 yds further??  sure, i'd take that.  but for me on my course, if you don't hit fairway, you're lucky if you aren't screwed.
i'm with the OP on this one.  accuracy over distance leads to better scores for many players more often than not.  i played irons only for a while and just got back to my 3w off the tee (ditched the driver a looong time ago).   the flip-side of the argument is course management on any given course... do you smash it as far as you can and take a half wedge in, or take an iron off the tee for a full-swing second shot??  horses for courses.  i only recently discovered i...
 somewhat conflicting, but to each his own.  at least for me, a miss with an iron is generally still straight.  it doesn't go the distance i wanted, but i at least have a make-up shot from the fairway.  a miss with a wood is generally OB or on an adjacent hole, which can actually add more distance for my second shot than if i had simply played an iron off the tee. again, to each his own.  what works for one person won't work for another.  my point was just not to get...
  both of these = great advice.   i'll also go one further and recommend playing a couple rounds with irons only.  i started doing this last season and it helped tremendously (i'm actually continuing to do it this season, as i enjoy hitting my long irons with greater consistency).  it makes you focus on the basics, and your misses won't be as bad.  there's so much emphasis on distance, when accuracy is far more important at this stage of your game.
last season, i did away with the driver... did me a lot of good getting back to the basics.   this season, i'm taking it a bit further with some other fun experiments that (so far) have gone well:   - only using steel shafts -- i've come to the realization i simply don't like graphite shafts... i love my TEE XCG-V 3w, but i only find the fairway 50% of the time...   - stick with my 7+ wood off the tees -- thankfully my local (and league) course is short, so it...