or Connect

Posts by krupa

I completely agree that the concept is flawed.
 Why is it disappointing?  What does the nationality of a golfer have to do with anything?  And what do the Olympics have to do with anything?  We're not talking about a Ryder Cup-type event.  I think if TW was Romanian, and you let a young kid watch him play WITHOUT telling him where he was from, the kid wouldn't even think to ask.  I don't think the kid would care even if you DID tell him that he was from Romania.   Other sports embrace players from other countries....
Unless their parents have already taught them to be xenophobic, I doubt young girls are really going to consider the nationality of the players.
 Are we talking about the same thing now?   The "it" that is a poor compromise in my opinion is trying to keep track of the entire event while also attending it (compared to watching it at home)  and I already explained why I think that way.    I am not trying to imply that I think phones should be banned because I don't think they should be.  If/when I get to a tournament, I won't be using my phone but that doesn't mean I have any opinion about what everyone else is doing...
There is no problem.  I think it is a poor compromise and voiced the opinion.  I don't expect many (or any) people to agree with me on that.  I don't think you're crazy for using your phone the way you do.  You sound pretty typical.  I admit that my phone usage is pretty atypical and primarily utilitarian.   But to refer to something Lefty-Golfer said, not using my phone for all the extra gewgaws doesn't mean I want to abolish technology or progress, I just have a...
 Because watching anything on my phone is worse than watching it on TV or my computer.  It's a smaller screen, I can't see it very well in the sunlight, and video eats up my data plan.  Also, when I go out to do something, like watch a live sporting event, I'm there to do the thing not look at my phone.  If I'm looking at my phone (again, small screen, barely visible in the sun, data plan hog) I'm not looking at what I spent money and hassle (traffic, parking, crowds) to...
 I don't see why you're so snarky.  You don't go to a golf tournament to watch every player at every hole.  If that's what you want, you're much better off staying at home and watching on TV and the Internet.   Going to a live event and trying to keep track of it on a phone sounds like a poor compromise.
I know how the OP feels. It's easy to get frustrated by watching other players or reading about those guys who pick it up easily. I try to remind myself that the good players at the range have probably been playing for a long time and those guys who pick it up easily are in the minority. I think most people who try the game really struggle for a while. To the OP, try to ignore the other guys, go out and have fun. If you're not having fun, maybe look for something else...
So what are they going to do when a phone rings?  Ejection?  Warning?  Angrily waving the QUIET sign in their face?
This is the start of my 3rd season.  I took a couple lessons last year.  They helped a bit; one of them took a couple videos on my phone. I can't really do much over the winter.  I have one of those short, heavy clubs that I swung a few times a day but I don't know how much it helped except to keep me a little loose. Yesterday, I went to the practice range.  Most of my shots went off to my right and some really sliced.  I believe that this is caused by an outside-in...