or Connect

Posts by krupa

Social science is hand-wavy at best.  You will always find enough evidence to support a theory while someone else finds enough evidence to refute your theory.The only mistake is when everyone else reads these studies (suitably paraphrased to make nice quotes in an article) and take them as fact.
C, Python, Java Javascript, PHP C++, C#, Perl, SQL, x86 Assembly, Bash scripting   I guess that's it.  I've used a few others over the years but these are the main ones.
Clearly we'll never agree on this.  I just want to say that there's a reason no one remembers straight drives into the fairway or routine approach shots to the green but over 30 years later we still think about shots like this http://www.golf.com/video/us-open-moments-watsons-chip-1982
You've made this argument a couple times.  (I have no idea why your second reply doesn't show up when I quote it.)  In my opinion, the score is irrelevant.  If the everyone is playing driver-wedge-putt, driver-wedge-putt, then there's nothing interesting going on.  You may as well just watch them try to out-drive each other at the practice range.  Competitive golf is both player-versus-course and player-versus-player and that's when it's interesting.  And you know full...
I don't care but it's not because I grew up, I just got tired of video games (they're all the same as I played 10 years ago but with better graphics).     The battleship thing is strange though.  Some strange attempt to put explosions in a golf game, I guess.
Thanks.  This is probably a naive question but is there an easy way to remove a grip from a club without wrecking it?
  Here's an update after working on keeping my knee from collapsing and moving my hip to my right.    My left arm looks bent but I don't think it is.  I've been very conscious of it and I wonder if it looks bent because I'm wearing loose clothes.  Here's a picture of my left hand on the grip.  (the arm position in the picture is because I was trying to keep my hand in frame)          I probably won't have any time to play/practice in the next two weeks due to...
 And then we can go a step further and if your car maintains a high speed, say 5 miles over the speed limit, for a prolonged period of time, the car can email the police with the VIN #, date, time, location and speed and a few days later you get a ticket in the mail... of course by then there won't be mail, so they'll just take it directly out of your bank account and if you don't have enough to cover the ticket, your car won't start, your smart house won't unlock the...
I think that emotional factor is what is going to keep that guy driving his old beater truck up my bumper and not getting a self-driving car.  "Always goes the speed limit" is not a selling point for a lot of people... like the whole of New Jersey. :)
 I know, but in this thread you're a vocal proponent so it gets to be yours by default.  I look forward to self-driving cars for when I'm older and someone wants to take my driver's license away.  But until then, I just don't know.  I agree that the safety issue is huge.  But until they are so affordable that everyone wants one, I'm not sure I want to risk not having control while other people have their human-driving cars.   For example, I drive a 55mph two-lane road to...