or Connect

Posts by Asheville

It's just a matter of practicality. A player may ask for and receive distance information from his opponent or fellow-competitor or he may pace it off. 
 I only speak for myself. I have no problem playing by the Rules in extant. In this case, I rather doubt that I would feel the need to suddenly constitute a Committee to absolve myself of the consequences of my poor execution of a stroke. I'm capable of replacing a divot or taking a drop under Rule 28. Now then, if someone else wished to go the one-man committee route that's just dandy by me, too.
 Course preservation and Rules compliance needn't be mutually exclusive. Rule 28 gives the player a perfectly good way to do both.
 Course preservation and Rules compliance needn't be mutually exclusive. Rule 28 gives the player a perfectly good way to do both.
KLAS, everyone's favorite, even without the downtown lasers. 
 Ha, so many 14-3 discussions end in a death spiral of semantics or a complex posting endurance contest ... I regret even broaching the subject. 
There could be some sort of 14-3 argument against the practice, too.
 If I were your opponent or fellow-competitor, I might be inclined to complain. However, when I got around to searching through the book, I would come across this and wonder if it might not be much different from this Decision: 8-2b/1 - Caddie Casts Shadow to Indicate Line for Putting Q.A caddie casts his shadow on the putting green for the purpose of indicating to the player a line for putting. Is this permissible?A.Yes, but only if the shadow is removed prior to the stroke.
I feel that 20-1/0.7 is a powerful Decision meant to permit the player to lift the ball (employing the proper procedure) if there's any likelihood that he might be entitled to relief under a Rule. 
 Do you suggest that an embedded ball in an area of casual water is ineligible for relief under Rule 25?