or Connect

Posts by Asheville

That Decision applies to a single stroke on a single hole. An explicit agreement to disregard a Rule, for let's say an entire round, isn't permitted. (See Wendy's posts. She has, in hand, a ruling from the USGA forbidding such.)
 I agree with rogolf and Wendy. I disagree with your disagree.  
Uff da! 
 Wendy, do you think that a "tacit" agreement such as the casual statement in the locker room such as, "Everyone in our group of 30 players on Tuesdays and Fridays seems to play ready golf," might be acceptable?   I believe that the USGA wouldn't approve of the "explicit" statement on the first tee by the guy handing out the scorecards saying, "Hey, everybody, you're all to play ready golf throughout today's round." ps I've read your position on this issue on another site...
 The welcome arrival of Wendy here has redirected what had become a thread of anecdotes back to the original question.  Wendy, thanks for joining!
At my course embedded balls "through the green" are more to be found in the non-closely mown steep grass bunker faces than in the rough. That's why we have the Local Rule.
Not here (yet). But, that's most certainly going on in the "dq-based-upon-markers-card" thread down under.
 As you must have noticed by now, satire is not effective here.  cm
4-1. Form And Make Of Clubsa. GeneralThe player’s clubs must conform with this Rule and the provisions, specifications and interpretations set forth in Appendix II.Note: The Committee may require, in the conditions of a competition (Rule 33-1), that any driver the player carries must have a clubhead, identified by model and loft, that is named on the current List of Conforming Driver Heads issued by the USGA.b. Wear and AlterationA club that conforms with the Rules when...
He moved two loose impediments.