or Connect

Posts by denver_nuggs_15

I wear polarized Bolle sunglasses every single day. Literally every single day, dawn until dusk (I have a raccoon tan unfortunately!). I've never experienced any depth perception problems at all. Before I bought my sunglasses, I looked at some research that suggested polarization is bad for golf, but other sources disagree. I'm really not sure who to believe, but in my own personal experience, polarization does not affect depth perception. That's because...
Ebay or special orders through your golf shop/pro shop are probably the best ways to get an individual iron.
So you could actually hit your 3W 220 and your 5W 205, right? I'd suggest trying to get more precise yardages at a range, on a monitor, or during a practice round to determine how far they actually go on good hits (not great, but acceptable hits). If you really only do have a 5 yard gap between your 3 and 5 woods, it could be a number of things. I'm not going to repeat what others have said before me, but I remember reading that golfers with slower swing speeds...
79 (+7). 41/38. I hit 7 fairways and 13 greens! By far the best I've hit my irons this year. Distance control was spotty though especially on wedge shots. Had a 40 yard pitch into a par 5 and was thinking potential birdie. I overshot my target by 12 yards. 70 yard shot into a par 4, put it into a bunker 20 yards short of my target. 60 yard shot, overshot by 15 yards. 120 yard par 3, overshot by 10 yards. There were others too. I'm really disappointed that I...
Phil might not even be 6' tall. I saw him from about ten feet away, and he was significantly shorter than me. I'm 6'3". I'd say you're wrong. I'd be willing to bet that every PGA Tour player is in "great shape" and that many are pretty cut. And as for Tiger not being able to play basketball, that has nothing to do with his athletic ability.
Of course. It happens to us all. Last year in high school, I shot 39, 42, and 41 in matches leading up to a tournament at my home course. I shot a 96 from the whites (6000 yards), and I usually play the blues (6600) or the tips (7100). I played well leading into it, had an advantage since I knew the course, but just had a terrible day. It happens, and while certain aspects like wedge shots for example may be an issue you should be concerned with, it's probably just...
To DFB, I really do hope Harper plays OF. He's definitely got the arm to play RF, but I'm not sure if he's fast enough to be a big league CF. LF would just be a waste for his defensive talent IMO, so RF makes the most sense. And plenty of great hitters have played the outfield. I hope the Nats don't let him play C since it'll just number his days. Obviously, catcher is one of the most important positions in all of baseball, and I'm sure he's good enough defensively to...
Very sorry for two posts in a row, Erik. Butch's post was made while I was typing my previous response, and I couldn't figure out how to multi-quote his post in an Edit. There are a lot of similarities that I think you're missing. Pitchers push off the inside of their right foot, start their forward/downward motion with their hips, create separation between their hips and shoulders (X-factor IIRC), and transfer their weight to their left foot. In some respects, a golf...
The thread is titled Strasburg. That kind of sounds like a baseball thread, even though we are discussing certain swing mechanics.To DFB,You're right that Harper won't be in the bigs for a few years. He's one player that I'm actually going to keep track of in the farm leagues, though. He's got so much raw talent, it'll be interesting to see just how good he'll end up being. I've heard about some attitude issues with him, so that may hurt him a little. But, damn he's...
I play it (see sig). I think it's a really nice club. I'd say it's pretty workable from both left to right and right to left, and it's just as long as any driver I've it. However, it's not as forgiving on mishits and a lot of drivers out there right now. P.S. - I don't really know how much you're going the mess with the weights, but it's pretty fun, and it can help your ball flight.