or Connect

Posts by denver_nuggs_15

Heavier wedges (meaning higher swing weights) give you more control over the wedge. However, you lose some distance. I'd take more control over my wedges than distance, and most golfers like this trade-off as well, especially in the shorter clubs.
I play to a 10, wishing I were under 9.5! And I do see your point. I have done this in the past when I was playing to a 15-16 (I gamed 15 year old Dunlops). I shaved anywhere from 3-4 strokes usually. Part of it was confidence that I could get away with more. Part was that the G2s (with my dad's specs) are a better fit to my stature than the old and unfit Dunlops. And part was the forgiveness, especially on mishits. Hope this helps more and sorry I didn't post this...
I used to try game my dad's G2s like 3 times per year (don't anymore, love my i10s), and I usually saw little to no difference. Maybe 1 or 2 shots max. My good shots with "player's clubs" are better than my good shots with SGI clubs. And I'm at the point now where I have more good shots than terrible shots, so SGIs don't help that much. For a 20, I'd assume to see a larger difference than 4-5 shots, so maybe you're a better ballstriker than your handicap would show.
It has to do with the small cavity and high center of gravity, not the fact that they're forged. That's why they're tough to hit. Mizuno comes out every year with forged sets targeted for people with handicaps in the mid-teens. Just a side note, I don't think the AP1s and CG Reds are comparable irons. I'd say the AP2s are more like the CG Reds than the AP1s are. Try PING i10s, CG Reds, TM r7 tps (or the Tour Preferreds), and the AP1s. They're all easier to hit IMO...
I don't know if you're concerned, but to follow the "only 14 clubs rule," if you added a 5W you'd need to drop another club. Anyways, how often do you actually run into 230-240 yards? I don't see a need for a club for a yardage that I'll never use. Didn't like Arnold Palmer drop like an 8 iron in a major for the entire weekend? Instead of a 5W and a 3W, possibly try a 4W to cover both. One final note, if your 3W already goes 230-240 yards, but you can't hit it off...
This is a reason that I've had a problem with for a while. Why do you use a really forgiving driver? Really forgiving woods? And a somewhat forgiving putter? To the OP, I think that many amateurs feel like blades are for better players. And if someone uses them, it demands respect since they should be good. I played with a guy who was using some Titleist blade. On the first tee I thought, "He's probably good." He wasn't, but his clubs showed others that he was. ...
Feel is such a personal thing. If you try the new Mizzy wedges you might like them better. I'd suggest trying as many wedges as you can before deciding on one. And hang on, the CG15 isn't forged, is it?
Yeah, BJ just dominated. I'm not sure about one of the best ever in the entire UFC, but certainly in his weight class. The head kick really surprised me; I didn't really think he had that in his repertoire.As a fan of Kongo, I was disappointed at the result, but I expected it, just not like this. Kongo just took a huge punch. If the fight went longer, Mir probably would have won on the ground. I still think Kongo is the best striker in the heavyweight division, but...
I think the company is called AME (I think they make Scotty covers, too). It's the only brand I can think of that makes custom covers. Unfortunately, they are pretty expensive, but they sure are nice!
I really hope that when Tiger comes back, he does exactly what Kobe did after he got in trouble: be better than ever. In fact, I'm calling it.