or Connect

Posts by Moppy

Like I said, it isn't just me. But whatever. I will drop out of this thread out of respect for this forum. I await the first indication of courtesy that a faster player might owe others on the course. Apparently not speeding through a course with multiple groups playing while riding as a single requires absolutely no consideration for any of the groups out playing golf. I learn more about etiquette every day!   Like I said, I am not holding anybody up, there is a group...
I do want to know what actions taken by a group behind me indicate impatience though. Really? What would a sign be short of shouting insults?
  Really? We see singles all time time when there are several groups out. What they do, and what I do when I am a single riding alone, is take extra chips and putts, or play multiple balls, to slow down the pace.  This whole thing started with a single rider complaining that groups were slow. Here's a free clue: When you are a single riding alone, playing a single ball, you are going to catch nearly every group playing.
  So I have repeatedly said that I would let the jerk who can't keep himself from taking practice swings at his ball while I am putting, play through, *even if* there is no open space in front of me. If he shouted out, that would be bad form, but apparently this guy needs a dozen or more practice swings or his game will fall apart, and yet he is the speediest guy on the course when he plays... Whatever. That right there says that you guys aren't serious. But as I said, I...
 Exactly, and I didn't even say swinging the club to keep loose. I specifically said stepping up to their ball and taking practice swings.  How many practice swings do you guys take, anyway? A dozen? I thought you were fast players! You can't get in your full complement of practice swings while I replace the flag and we walk off the green?
 I am actually not the only one on this thread who feels that way, if you read it.  And even people just mentioned in this thread, like perhaps the "several" people one poster has gotten into verbal altercations with or suffered their heated stares. Ultimately, I don't care. I let people play through even when there is no room in front of me. I have said that several times, just like a let a car pass me who presses me on the rear bumper because I left a car length in front...
 And as a single riding alone, you are going to be pushing people if you don't slow your pace to match the course. He could take extra putts, practice his chipping, whatever. But I know that that would be a huge imposition for some people, to be considerate of others, and they would rather get into verbal confrontations, etc, than be considerate of normal human feelings that their fellow humans have built into their DNA about being pressed from behind when there is no...
 Once again. we are talking about a single, riding alone, on a course that is full of groups. He is far faster than any group, he should expect that his pace is going to far outstrip every group on the course, and there is nobody pressing from behind. So by playing balls to the wall full speed ahead, constantly ready golf, and running into group after group, he is not being in any way discourteous to the many other golfers he runs into and presses?  "This is a result of my...
 OK, why don't you print it out and paste it to the fridge for mommy to read. Maybe she will give you a pat on the head, but what you bolded doesn't prove anything.
  LOL. ROTFLMAO I never ever ever said nobody was allowed to take practice swings, I said that when I am on the green, and a group is on the next tee, and a single driving has caught up to me and starts taking practice  swings because he is impatient, you know, eager to play, like the definition says, I figure I should let him play though and get him out of my sight ASAP, I am sure he will be zipped off the next tee before I get there, bumping up against the next group,...