or Connect

Posts by asfrye

Okay, so if I go to the TaylorMade website, they tell me what to adjust, but they do not explain WHY any of the adjustments work.   According to all I can find on their website, their general approach to setting the adjustment for the golfer is simply: (I'm paraphrasing)   1.   If you hit it too high, adjust the setting to "Low" 2.   If you hit too low. set it to "High"   I love that. It's so basically intuitive and logical that even a six-year-old...
Okay, that makes sense.  Yes, I do hit all my clubs a bit higher than normal, but I like that with my irons, which come down soft and stay put where they land. On the other hand, bring up anythng stronger than a mild breeze and I'm dead. I don't know what the answer is, but I do want to try some 6* drivers. Had a good day yesterday. Shot 3 over par.
Thank you for the observation and advice,    eqppweqqep, but I've already ordered a 6* head from eBay. Should arrive tomorrow.   Why am I sensing a lot of pressure against me trying out the 6* driver?   I don't understand this. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Thank you, Saturday.   Will do . . . . . . . .
Thank you, Ole!   I found just exactly what I need!!   Here is the heading:   Bang Golf (Big Bang Head) 6.0* (9.5 out of 10) Long Drive. No Shaft    It was only $35 used.   Thank you, again.
Thank you, David.   Will do. . . . . . . . .
Thank you, David in FL, I appreciate your tact in approaching the subject of why I am looking for the 6*. But no need to be quite so delicate.   The problem is, I simply hit the ball too high. I am now using a TaylorMade r7   8.5 degree with  high kick-point stiff shaft. My balls generally tend to launch in an arc that is greater than 45 degrees. Sometimes as much as 50* (this is an estimation based on flight characteristics.) I have tried to adjust my swing...
Thanks.  Will check it out.
Nope, Spyder, not me.  Although I wish it was. This kid looks awfully young.  I'm 66 yrs old. (or did I miss the joke?)   And you, Slice of Life,  have made me realize I'm not as desperate as I thought . . . .
I would like to experiment with a 6 degree driver. I am having trouble locating one.   Can anyone direct me to a place that has  6 degree drivers? New / Used / Head Only / Head with Shaft / Any Shaft /  Bid or Buy it Now / Sell, Trade, or Barter / (in short, anything that is designed to hit a golf ball and is 6 degrees --  anything!)   Thanks in advance Steve