or Connect

Posts by yurself

I am full of BS! I went back to the range the following day and checked with the desk, the yardage markers are set for winter-time distances predicated on the mats not the summertime grass lines.  I knew that on some level, but I was making such good contact I somehow let myself believe I was getting 40+ yards when in fact I was getting 15+ .  It is still a good swing if I can consistently create that kind of lag and good follow-through on my drives.  I will find that...
I began reading the posts in the sandtrap about a month ago.  At first it seemed like I was reading a foreign language.  The first eye-opener was to discover the ball flight laws.  Sorry, most of the books written prior to 2000 used the older “understandings” to explain ball flight.  I have not really paid attention to any modern explanations.  My last golf lessons were in 2003 when I paid for a 10 lesson series in an indoor video facility and the place went...
Wow, 81 holes in Myrtle!  I am envious.  I don't mind taking a divot, although it is indeed annoying when I do it with a three wood or a hybrid.  If the results are a great shot, I am happy.  That said, there are times when my shot/path/plane/whatever...become so poor that I take an uneven divot that has an obviously deeper groove down the outside.  Usually a 5 iron in my hand, I have to wonder how I can get so upright that I can dig the toe in so deeply.  I have always...
Your loosing your spine tilt. Or to quote another teacher from a certain golf magazine, your loosing your tush line. Basically your hips are getting closer to the ball, which causes you to raise up a bit. This will shift your impact conditions vertically, causing you to hit the ball slightly thin. Your probably doing it just slightly, not a full out thin. I've caught a few SW shots thin, and lucky most of those were 3/4 easy swings, and the ball ends up going the same...
You probably have the ball further back in your stance.  If you normally start your swing with your hands in the vicinity of your target side thigh, (Leading hands)  you have de-lofted the club more than you usually do. With the ball in the center of your stance you will have 48 or whatever degrees of loft, as you lead more with your hands that loft decreases. so even if your hands remain the same as you normally have them, if the ball gets further back in your stance...
Bogeysaurus Thanks for your honesty, now I feel better.  I too and not a big distance hitter.  I just concentrate on my "old mans golf" method of getting it straight down the fairway and staying out of trouble.   Driver                225 Hybrid 3 18deg  190 Hybrid 4 21deg  180 5 I                    165 6 I                    155 7 I                    145 8 I                    135 9 I                    125 PW                  115 Gap...