or Connect

Posts by France46

and there are not a lot of super fast players on the PGA Tour either...are those guys cheating also?   To me, you can categorize reasons for slow play this way:     Easily to Avoid/Improve Upon- i.e. not ready to hit and other inefficiencies like leaving clubs/cart in the wrong position or taking more than 5 minutes to look for your ball.  Bad players tend to make these mistakes but occasionally you see good players do it also.     Hard to Avoid/Improve Upon- LACK OF...
Looks like Vegas is recovering also from PGATour.com Vegas has surgery on left shoulder http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/tourreport/2013/02/23/vegas-has-surgery-on-left-shoulder.html   Vegas won in 2011, so that would normally give him full PGA status through 2013, but he likely will get an injury extension and get a chance to play 20 events or so after he is healthy.
I think the US Open is already low 60 and ties and should not be cut further.  Turn it on later or fast forward if you don't like watching guys who are out of it.
Maybe...David Duval seemed to slide big time after getting fitter, but I seem to recall Rory being pretty buff when he was ranked #1 and winning.  Adam Scott looks pretty built also.
I play a variety of courses, days, times, etc. so you are right that it evens out for me.  However, I don't think the same is true for all courses and all golfers.     If a guy plays once a week at the same course/time of day, there could definitely be biases for many reasons including the following examples:   1.  Courses that make it intentionally easier on certain days (i.e. Sunday mixed couples day) 2.  Courses that make it intentionally harder on certain days (i.e....
When did Keegan "find weights" and when did he lose his golf game?   While he has missed the cut in 3 of his last 5 tournaments, he also had a solo 2nd last month.  For the year he has won 2.1 M making 12 of 16 cuts and finishing in the top 25 eight times, the top 10 six and ranks 20th in scoring.  In 2012 he ranked 18th in scoring and was 30th in scoring his rookie year when he won twice but only had 4 top 10s to go along with 10 missed cuts.     All in all, he seems...
That was kinda my point- course conditions change all the time but rating and slope stay the same.  Some courses intentionally make it play harder/easier which causes biases in handicaps.
To be clear, I think slow play is usually caused by many other things besides the rules like players not being ready when it is their turn to play, being inefficient, lacking skill, strictly playing honors off the tee, taking a long time to analyze wind/breaks/etc, long pre-shot routines, etc.   However, if more golfers followed all the rules without improving on any of the above, then I think there would be even slower play.  Just imagine if every guy shooting 90+...
It looks like you play in the Desert, so maybe that is different, but it has been a very wet spring here in France.     Off the top of my head I can think of 6 causes of unexpected lost balls- wet turf, animal holes, blind fairways with uneven bounces, moderate rough where the ball sits down, leaves, and players from another hole playing or picking up your ball.  I tend to average about 4 provisional balls a round, but if I hit one every time there was the slightest...
  I am not a big fan of unsolicited advice, but that was pretty harmless- either meant to be funny or so stupid that you could ignore it pretty easily.