or Connect

Posts by postmanclark

Thanks for your advice, I shall remember it -when I play in a few hours time.
So on Saturday I am due to play for the 2nd scratch team sat my new club (hcp 7 - 12). I'm not really sure what to expect - I know, of course that it is match play, where there aren't any shots given; but apart from that I don't know much more. I have played competively in other sports, so I'm not that alien to the situation - but I would like to know about things such as: do you talk to your opponent (or not), do you have a beer afterwards; whether making my own score...
What kind of problems biomechanically speaking, does not completing a full shoulder turn lead to? I ask this because it seems when I am swinging well, my 'back is pointing to the target' and when I am swinging poorly I am not completing the shoulder turn. It leads to all sorts of problems for me such as low hooks, thinning the ball and pushes. Hopefully, in future I just need to have the one swing thought and not worry about anything else lol.
I enjoy watching and reading information from this section on the forum - as it is more informative than the section 'Instruction and playing tips'; that's why I have posted on this odl . Anyhow in the original video posted, I noticed with the golfer on the right, that his head on the downswing moved closer to the ground and to the target (although it was only a small movement). Is this acceptable? Or should you be trying to reduce all head movements in the golf swing,...
Some good points made by all, so thanks. The 64 degree wedge option seems to be have been debated against - which is fair enough. Unless your Phil Mickelson, a 60 degree wedge is enough around the greens. Also I wouldn't be needing it for a full shot, you would just hit another wedge, softer. The 3Hy would fill in the gap nicely; particularly in the winter time, with the ball flying shorter and there being less roll - it would become more important. Practicing with...
Hello all,   I've got a bit of a dilemma with the clubs in my bag - I'm basically wasting one club.   G25 driver - carry 250 / 260 G25 3 wood - carry 235ish 3 iron - don't use 4 hybrid 23 degrees at 210 carry 5 iron etc 4 wedges - PW, 52, 56 and 60.   My weakness lies in the mid irons.   Anyway, as you can see I am not using the 3 iron at all.   My suggestions are to fill the gap between the 3 wood and 4 hybrid with a 3 hybrid - or get a 64 degree and carry...
@mvmac, just wanted to put another thanks on this thread to you.  I've been working on the set - up with flaring the feet out to stop the swaying and I can honestly say that I've never hit the ball better.  I haven't played that much recently, because I have been in the process of changing clubs.   My contact with the irons are so much more consistent and I have never hit the driver further.  The only issue I have at the moment is that with the driver I am typically...
Thanks for the informative response, I will get to work on the advice given.  Cheers!!
    I've been Playing Golf for:​ 3 years My current handicap index or average score is: 18, however normally I score in the high 70s My typical ball flight is: push - draw The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull         Sorry for the quality of the videos, I only used an Ipad 2 - as that is what I had to hand.   Personally, I believe I get into some nice positions and the plane of my swing seems to be pretty good.  However,...
Thanks for the input guys. If I'm not getting much roll - out when the summer is truly here; I'll get on a launch monitor just to double check my current set - up.