or Connect

Posts by postmanclark

Thanks for the informative response, I will get to work on the advice given.  Cheers!!
    I've been Playing Golf for:​ 3 years My current handicap index or average score is: 18, however normally I score in the high 70s My typical ball flight is: push - draw The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull         Sorry for the quality of the videos, I only used an Ipad 2 - as that is what I had to hand.   Personally, I believe I get into some nice positions and the plane of my swing seems to be pretty good.  However,...
Thanks for the input guys. If I'm not getting much roll - out when the summer is truly here; I'll get on a launch monitor just to double check my current set - up.
So I was playing at a different course on Friday, and the fairways are a bit firmer than those at my current home course.  I play in the UK and the weather has just started to be good.   Anyway, I was playing with a couple of hackers and on one hole I hit a pretty good drive - I have a high ball flight (now) and I carry 250 yards, if I don't hit a bad one; my pitch mark was close to my ball, so I know there was no roll out.  On this hole,one of the guys hit a ball and it...
So, just recently after getting my swing some what in working order, after the winter relapse - I was trying to improve my launch angle on my driver and hitting up on the ball. Having read the advice given in Iacas' thread on it, I tried it to some degree of success. However, what I need help with is that for the few days that I have been trying to practice it - some days I hit pushes / push - fades and other times I hit pull - draws. Does anyone have any kind of...
This is a problem that is dependent on a) how often you play golf, and b) if your technique changes, or your body and you start hitting the ball further (or shorter). Personally, when I used to play golf non - consistently, I found that my 150 yard club was an 8 iron and my SW was about 90 yards. When I joined a golf club, after a couple of months, I started hitting the ball a lot better and was having a real problem with distances. I started hitting loads of shots from...
So as tends to happen to all golfers I'm sure - I was looking for a new hybrid and ended up finding a putter.  I wasn't that impressed with my old putter, but as I bought it when I was very new to golf, it done the job,   I bought a Taylormade Corza Tour, blah blah blah putter (the same one that Justin Rose uses I believe).  Anyway, on my old putter I had a 2 thumb grip fitted; simply because coming from cricket I liked the thicker grip and it helped when I started using...
For myself personally, I have had 2 lessons so far and neither one of them have been great help.  I know that it is down to the golf pros in question and there will be some good coaching ones out there - but that's kind of put me off for a while.   I have played golf properly for 2 years now (I'm 26) and I have really good hand - eye coordination.  What with studying Biology at university and there being a large amount of biomechanics involved - I pretty much taught...
Thank you for all of your responses - you have helped make my mind up. I have decided that my plan of action will be to try a 4H on a launch monitor and see how I get on there. Hopefully it will work out well, as being a shorter club, then I was planning on getting, it should be an even safer club than my 5W. I have my eye on either the ping i20 or G25 23 degree.
After playing in the recent wet weather, I have decided to get a hybrid - as out of the rough and not having any kind of roll on the course is hurting my long game, with no hybrid .  I have used a hybrid before, however I had to get rid of it, when I got better at golf - because the shaft was regular flex and not the stiff that I now require.   Anyway, I have a bit of a dilemma.  With regards to my bag at the moment I carry a driver, 3W, 5W and then 4i etc.  I hit the...