or Connect

Posts by DeadMan

I enjoyed the tournament overall, even though there wasn't the drama late as there has been the past couple of years. I really enjoy watching Bubba play golf, even though there are some things about him that rub me the wrong way. The drive he had on 13 on Sunday was ridiculous, and the second shot on 15 was similarly amazing. Bubba is something to watch when he's playing well. He's arguably the most talented golfer on the planet from tee to green. I think if he learned to...
I think it depends on what you're trying to do. If you want to take the big score (i.e., double bogey or higher) out of play, I'd play the hole as a 3 shotter. That would probably leave you a relatively easy wedge or pitch shot into the green on your 3rd shot, and I'm guessing you'd make a lot of bogeys and more pars than doubles. If you're trying to par it, you've got to either learn to hit a cut with the driver, or learn ot hit a hybrid over the corner. I'd personally...
One thing that I would recommend to marshall is to go beyond just telling a group they are playing slow. I was in a slow-ish group (I say ish because we played in about 4:20, which was under the recommended pace by a bit) the other day. I was a single, playing with 3 strangers. Anyways, apparently after 9, we had 2 open holes in front of us. And the marshall tells us to speed up. That's not really helpful. I've known the entire 9 that we're playing slow, and I know why....
Is Tiger using a steel shaft on his 3 wood? It looked like it.
Right in the Chi Chis...
I thought this would be an interesting and useful thread. I'm curious how my stats compare to others, and in particular, how they compare to lower handicaps. For me, as a stat tracker, it would be a good way to see where I need to improve to get to lower handicaps.   So, anyways, I think the best way is to post your handicap, along with whatever stats. For me:   Handicap: 14.1 Average GIR: 8 Scrambling %: 13.1% Putts per hole: 2.02 Putts per hole (last 10):...
83, with taking a 9 on a hole (tournament round so no ESC for the final score, although it will post as an 81). So close to breaking 80. A lot of other shots I left out there, but that 9 really sticks out.
I've never really watched women's golf before this and the last round of the British Open, but I'd admit that it's a lot of fun. The Europeans just seemed to be on fire today, and the Americans absolutely could not hole any putts. I think two Americans in the fourball had 5-6 foot putts on 17 and both of them missed the putts. Granted, it was a really tough green and pin position, but you'd expect one of them to make a putt from that range. 
Just a follow up on this thread. I bought a box of the Callway Hex Chrome + when it was on sale. I've tried it twice on 9 hole rounds and the returns were pretty good. I've also fooled around with the balls a bunch on the chipping greens. I love the stopping power, and my full wedges were actually spinning backward. The ball might be slightly wilder off the tee, but not by much. I do love the feel of the ball around the greens. I'm going to keep playing my e6s for a bit...
The only eagle I've ever had is on a really short par 5. The card says it's 471 from the back tees. It's a pretty sharp dogleg to the left with a wilderness area (not red staked) on the left side of the hole. It's possible to cut the ball over that area, but I've never tried to do that. There's a little creek running right in front of the green so you can't leave your ball short of the hole here.   Anyways, I hit my drive 271, and I'm literally standing on the 200...