or Connect

Posts by DeadMan

Here's what I think about this.   I average a little under 15 over par on a round. That's about 1 birdie, 6 pars, 8 bogeys, 4 doubles or higher (approximately).   I think a pro driving for me would almost completely eliminate doubles or higher. When that happens to me, it's normally a mistake off the tee that makes it impossible to get near the green in regulation. Very rarely will I have a shot at the green that doesn't result in a nGIR. Maybe once a round - maybe. So...
I essentially learned to play on an executive course, so they have a spot in my heart. I still really do enjoy playing on them now. It's a great tune up of your irons. There's an 18 hole executive course near me that I really enjoy playing because they have par 3s that require me to use every club in my bag.   It's also a way for me to get out with friends who aren't as good and couldn't keep up on a full course. You can take a little more time and relax a little...
Probably for the first time ever, I played a hole like the pros would. So, apologies that this is two shots, but here goes:   This was 18, which is a medium length par four that is sort of a dogleg right - the fairway is straight, but the tee boxes are at a diagonal to the start of the fairway. There are trees on the right side of the fairway, which makes it difficult to cut the corner too much. The wind was blowing straight down the fairway, so off the tee it was behind...
 Yes. I play the Callaway Hex Chrome +. It's not a difficult ball to find, but it's not their top of the line model either. It's pretty much my perfect ball - spins on half wedge and short game shots, reasonably straight off the tee, etc. And it's about $30 for a dozen, so a lot cheaper than other urethane balls like that. I am comfortable enough in playing similar, albeit more expensive, balls that it won't make a difference in my score. But I would also be spending $15 a...
Posted one score and I went from an 12.2 to an 11.7. Oops.   Our handicap season actually ends on 11/15 (although it might be 10/31), so I won't have much change for a while. So far, I have two rounds scheduled before then, but I'm guessing I'll get in 5-ish rounds before the season is over.
What course is state at?
Why are we so consistently bad at alternate shot?
My average drive is around 270. I hit one about 350 once. It was a really, really downhill 450 yard par 4. I caught the slope just right and ended up on a shelf 100 yards from the green. The wind was actually against me on that day, so I wonder what I could do on that hole if the wind was at my back.   I also hit a 3 wood 294 off the tee this weekend. Wind at my back, nice little draw, and a nice forward bounce when it landed.
 Is Valor Christian in your regional? I know the golf coach at Evergreen, which is in 4A, and he was telling me how Valor has 4 golfers who could all shoot in the 60s on a given day. That would be fun to watch.
I don't think they make a difference in my score. I struggle with long putts anyways, so I don't think the bumpiness really makes much difference. In fact, in competition, I somewhat look forward to aerated greens. I know other people are really bothered by aeration, and it doesn't bug me. Advantage - me.   Case in point - I played a course that had aerated its greens last weekend, and then a course with normal greens the day after. I shot a +11 with 34 putts on the...