or Connect

Posts by DeadMan

On silent, in my bag. I'll get it out sometimes when I'm waiting on the group in front of me. I definitely do not talk on it while I'm on the course, except in rare circumstances.
I'm a digger. With my wedges especially, I will unleash some pelts. I do tend to get divots will all of my irons, but bigger ones with shorter clubs.
 This is my answer, too. I very rarely try to shape shots on the course. Maybe, maybe once every other round, normally to try to get myself out of trouble. Stick with your normal shape and play it that way.  That said, if you really want to shape shots like this, I think the theory is to shape the shot away from trouble. I think the reasoning is that it is difficult to control how much your shot moves. So if you're trying to draw in a ball with water on the left, there's...
 It has been really green in Colorado so far. Probably going to have the best conditions of the year in May and June. Hopefully this is the last blast of snow though.
Wanted to post this in here as well. Link to the thread about slumpbusting: http://thesandtrap.com/t/81513/slumpbusting/0_50. But I wanted to put this here so I can get my plan into my swing thread as well.   I am currently mired in a slump. After starting out with two solid rounds in our handicap season, I've been struggling. Went from 5.8 and 12.9 differentials to 21.2, 16.6, 20.0, 15.4, 21.2. Yikes.   So here is what I'm going to try to do to get myself out of this...
Well, I'm sure we've all been here, but I wanted to start a thread to talk about busting out of slumps. What are your strategies to get yourself out of a slump? More practice? Less practice? I'll share what my plan is, maybe we can find a way that will work to get out of it.   I am currently mired in one. After starting out with two solid rounds in our handicap season, I've been struggling. Went from 5.8 and 12.9 differentials to 21.2, 16.6, 20.0, 15.4, 21.2....
 Does he really not carry 14 clubs or are you missing some?
 You don't want to know what the weather forecast is, either.  My wife tells me that there is some snow sticking on the ground where we live (west side of Denver). Doesn't sound like much of a golfing weekend to me.
 Yeah, I can see that. I'm more annoyed that a 6 iron rolled out about 40 yards that time more than anything. I do really like the 18th, for what it's worth. I am just not a huge fan of that type of layout. Mostly because I tend to spray the ball all over the place and do not enjoy tree problems. Also an issue with an idiot ranger last time, so that soured it a bit as well (he came up from behind and told us we were behind pace, which was very wrong). Their range is really...
I'm not a huge fan of either Fossil Trace or Foothills. They both have a couple of holes that just bug the crap out of me. 12 on Fossil Trace, for example. Those stupid rocks in the middle of the fairway. Ugh. And then I think it's 14, if they put the pin on the upper tier of the putting green, that hole is also terrible. And I tend to have trouble paying that much when similar courses nearby are much cheaper. Foothills has one hole where you have to hit your tee shot so...