or Connect

Posts by DeadMan

Money has to play a big role in all of this. I would imagine the LPGA players who are struggling just to make cuts every week can barely scrape together a living. That article says the 122nd ranked player on the money list only took home $23k. For comparison, the 122nd ranked player on the PGA money list took home just over $800k. I would imagine this wouldn't happen to the same extent if the 122nd LPGA player was even making half of what the 122nd ranked PGA player was...
I only really ever use trackman at my local golfsmith, but I've found it to be pretty accurate. The key part is that I look at carry distance, not total distance. The roll they put on the trackman is absolutely ridiculous. I see 30 yards of roll on hybrid shots, which is ridiculous.   I have used simulators that have been obviously wrong before. I think in Colorado there is also the challenge of getting the altitude effect right. So I tend to take simulator results here...
Cross post from the 2015 golf goals thread:  I also was able to get out and play twice this weekend. Shot a meh +16 (86), and then a decent +8 (43) on nine. I was struggling with hitting greens in regulation, but that was because ... I was hitting it longer than I normally do. I think my contact has been more consistently on the center just with these small changes, believe it or not. I was consistently a club longer than usual, and my drives were on average about 15-20...
My #1 goal is to play in the gross division of my men's club championship. To do that, I need to get my handicap below a 10. My other goal is to finish the handicap year with a single digit handicap.   How I plan to accomplish this is by working with evovlr in the winter doldrums. I think I've already improved a bit with just one video lesson, believe it or not. But I can see on video that I have a lot to work on, and it will be a long, hard slog.   I honestly think I...
My stats are closer to the 6-10 range than the 11-20 range, except for the average of 4 doubles or higher per round ...
I started playing seriously in about 2011, and broke 80 for the first - and only - time last fall. Probably took me somewhere between 70-100 rounds.
 I don't wear them as pajama's, but they certainly are pajamas. One of the great things about being able to set up a net in my garage is that I can practice golf in my pajamas! @mvmac- thanks for the video. I can't watch it at work, but I will be sure to check it out when I get home.
New videos! Was focused on posture/set up and keeping head still on backswing.       Hope you like my pants! 
On the green: "One time!" --> Just let this putt drop so I don't have to watch him 3 putt again!   "That'll play" --> we'll find your ball, but you're not going to like it
 This is my only hesitation. It really depends on what is around the green, and it's hard to tell from the information. What's dead for someone else may not be dead for me. And if it's a lateral hazard around the green, I'm definitely going for it, because at worst I get a bogey, but at least I get an eagle.