or Connect

Posts by DeadMan

Shhhhh. Personally, that chart doesn't line up for me. I'm most comfortable playing from 6500-7000 yards, but that chart says I should be playing more than that. I probably CAN play longer, but I wouldn't really want to. Also, I think you need to look at the longest par 4s most to figure out what length to play. My view is that you should be able to get every par 4 in 2, and then play a variety clubs into the green (i.e., not all wedges).
Here's a thought - why not Jimmy Walker? He draws the ball and hits a ton of GIR. The knock on him is he doesn't win with the big names playing, but if he pulls out the Texas Open...
You obviously missed this bit, so I'll repeat it for you: You make it sound like you're playing PGA tour distances there. I would venture a guess and say that the majority of scratch/low single digit golfers in the USA play from tees that are between 6800-7200 yards.  The point of my post was that you make it sound much more ridiculous than that scorecard shows. Find me the 7600 yard course you play all the time, and then I'll be in awe of your prodigious power and how...
 Yawn. The back tees here have my attention: http://cdn.cybergolf.com/images/928/Colorado-National-4-14.pdf 6800 yard course isn't that big of a deal, really, Shorty. Yes, a lot of people don't have the distance for that, but so what? You make it sound like you're playing PGA tour distances there. I would venture a guess and say that the majority of scratch/low single digit golfers in the USA play from tees that are between 6800-7200 yards. The course I normally play at...
Search the site for shanks - there are some helpful threads on it. I don't know why they would be happening on the range only though. That seems strange.   2 drills I've used to help me with the shanks:   Put something outside the ball that you will hit if you hit the ball off the hosel. You can use a ball, but something more solid might be more effective. I used a shag bag once. It scared the crap out of me, but it worked. Tee up the ball to driver height, and hit...
Here is that stat sheet I was talking about. Includes all my rounds this year so far.     
 Pressure is on now!
Were those carry distances? Only trust carry distances from golf shops, and even then, don't trust them unless you can compare your current clubs.
 People rave about Arrowhead. I've never actually played there, though, so I don't know. I like your list, although I'm not a huge fan of Fossil Trace. If you play Fox Hollow, definitely go Canyon-Meadow. Links is fine, but you can get that style of course anywhere. Canyon-Meadow is much more unique.
Note that in Colorado in April, there is a chance that golf could be snowed out. I think we average mid-April for our last snow, but last year our last day of snow was mother's day (seriously!). I would guess that most mountain courses don't open until May.   My question is - where in Colorado are you looking at and what type of courses (public vs. resort)?