or Connect

Posts by DeadMan

I'm discounting scrambles and shambles, because those always take a lot longer than normal rounds. My longest round would be somewhere between 5 hours, 15 minutes and 5 hours, 30 minutes. A course that always plays slow (poorly designed) plus a weekend crowd equals a 5+ hour round.
In general, I prefer when the players have to play the ball down. However, yesterday came very close to a situation where lift, clean, and place was appropriate. The problem is that deciding what casual water is going to be subjective no matter what. Correct me if I'm wrong, but each group had a rules official with them. So it's very likely that the rules officials differed on what they thought was casual water. That's where I see the problem - it's not going to be...
Yeah, you tried to change the facts, so you get an F. It was all in good fun, don't worry.
No, sorry, I was grading your answer to my hypothetical.
You get an F. Assume he will lose in court (that's what I meant when I said you are not legally liable). And assume you won't have to pay legal fees.
I'm curious about those that say they would pay for this damage. What would you do in the following situation? Your golf ball breaks something on a course-adjacent house that is worth an amount that you cannot afford to pay, and you cannot easily get a side job to pay for it. This is will be different for different people, but imagine it's $10,000 or $100,000. You apologize, offer to pay for the damage, and the owner accepts. You refer him to your homeowner's insurance...
Let's stop this stupid logic once and for all.The difference is the person who rapes/assualts the woman did it intentionally. In this situation, the golfer didn't intend to hit the house.I think this line of reasoning is insulting, as well. Use something else before my head explodes.
I've got a new one (or two) after playing a course this weekend with out of control trees. When the hole is a dogleg, and the only way to have an approach inside 200 yards is to cut the corner over some huge trees. This course really needed to trim the trees. It was pretty long, the fairways were narrow, and quite a few tree branches overhung the fairway. It's very frustrating to hit exact the shot you wanted to, only to have some tree branches over the fairway knock the...
Placed my order for this (finally!) last night. Got the shipping notification this morning! I'm really excited to read this.
86. 10 pars, 4 bogeys, 2 doubles, 2 triples. Hit 10 GIR - should have been a better round. Oh well. Next time.