or Connect

Posts by davedove

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father.  Prepare to die.
I recall a lady's match a while back, but don't remember which one of who did this.  One golfer overshot the green and her ball landed in the tall grass on the far side.  She finds the ball, but it is too tall to hit out of.  She takes a penalty and drops outside the grass.  Her next shot she flops and lands right back in the same grass.
Mattaponi Springs is also not too far away.  It's a highly ranked course.
I have a weakness for soft baked white chocolate and macadamia nut.   But, to be truthful, no cookie is safe if it's laying around for me to reach!!
Okay, this just happened Friday:   1)  Top the ball in the drive and it dribbles forward, not quite making it to the forward tees. 2)  Decent shot, leaving me about 120 yards out. 3)  For some reason, the ball only goes about half as far as it should and dribbles into the creek crossing the course. 4)  Drop back out of the creek. 5)  Blade the ball and it line drives through the tall grass of the creek, barely making it to the other side. 6)  Do a little bump and...
Another factor to consider for the differing iron distances.  One 7 iron is not necessarily the same as another 7 iron.  Companies often have different lofts for the same numbered club.  In fact, that is a trick some companies have used to claim their clubs hit farther - they have a lower loft on the club.
 If that is what they wanted, they definitely didn't write out the rule very well.  Instead of calling it"out of bounds", they should have said something to the effect that if a ball lands in the staked area, you may take a free drop within the two club lengths mentioned.  It's just a very poorly worded rule.
It is strange.  I'll have a blow up hole and score an 8 on a par 3, only to then make par on the next hole, a par 5.
I've only ever broken 100 playing executive courses.  My last game was a 108 playing the senior tees on a par 72.  I would have scored better if it weren't for a few blow-up holes (2 8's and a 9).  Most of the holes were 5's and 6's, although I did par one par 3 hole.  My goal right now is to average 6 or less on each hole.
You know, back to the original question, for those who question butter in coffee, consider this.  Many people put real cream in coffee.  Butter is made from real cream.