or Connect

Posts by jayisu

38, par 35, front nine of my course.  The front is my bane, especially first 4 holes.  Didn't play well and scored ok.  1 birdie, best knews is no doubles or higher!!!!  Missed by inches on 3 birdie putts, missed two par putts by same amount, one was struck too hard and hit back of cup nestled on the lip.  Could have been better.  Striving to play front in par, but I need to be better than 3 over on the first 4 holes.  Have to figure those out.
Shot 81 in twilight fun round (+10).  Was tired and didn't play well, but had most birdies ever in a round.  Hit only 2 fairways, led to big numbers.  3 birdies, 2 doubles, 1 triple.  Iron play and accuracy was terrible and a couple of errant chips, but I figure I scrambled pretty well.  Was working on playing aggressive for birdie and it either paid off or blew up on me.  
I agree with this and have the same trouble on my course.  The other day I was inside the 150 marker by 15 yards and the guy with the range finder said it was 157 out.  No wonder I was hitting that shot short.  I don't have the app, but I go on Google earth and measure with its device and am surprised at how close or long some of the distances I hit from are.  I am trying to memorize some of the positions I am usually in and trust the Google yardage.  Hard to gauge a shot...
It seems the lower handicappers have much greater distance.  Probably consistent distance as well.  My game has improved this summer (24 to 12) as my distance has improved.   Driver --  250-275max 3W --  220-245 max 3h -- 200-210 3i -- never use it, except for low punch out of trees 4i -- 200-210, use hybrid instead 5i -- 190 6i -- never use it, mental block, choke down on 5 7i -- 160-170 8i -- 145-155 9i -- 130-140 PW -- 120-135, no control 56...
I only saw one advocate for 5 iron which would be my choice.  I can hit it 200+ on longer shots, choke down for knock down shots and distance control and it is good for greenside chips.  The sand seems to be a concern, but if I don't have a good club for the sand, then I am going to avoid it by aiming away, over, or short of any sand.  If I am in green side sand, then lay it open and choke down and you can get out.  But, I think the added distance would be necessary to...
Shot a 79 (par 71) yesterday.  37, 42.  Bogeyed the first two and parred 8 in a row before mishits charged forward.  Had a triple on 14 with OB off the tee.  Fatted drive on par 3 16 that went about 40 yards, two poor chips and a long putt to save bogey.  Had 1 birdie, 5 bogeys, 11 pars, 1 triple.  Very solid day for me.  Hit 9 fairways and 7 greens.  Chipped well and putted great (30).  The birdie was best of the day.  After 3 poor holes, triple, bogey, bogey, I had to...
In keeping practice session stats are you recording things after each shot?  Do you create a gameplan or game?  I tend to just bang it on the full range because of time restraints.  When I chip I take ten balls and pick a location and pin.  I get 1 point if it is within 4 ft. and I should be able to convert the u/d.  I get 0 points if it is on the green in two putt range.  I get -1 points if i miss the green.  I pick hard locations and set a par for points based on...
We should create a stupid shot statistic.  The R (risk) factor.  I miss greens for many reasons, but often, even from the fairway, I get too cute and try to hit a shot that I have a low percentage of executing.  Actually, I can't think of one instance the cute shot has led to a lower score.  I went OB in a good round (81 with an 8 on a 5) because I was tying to drive to a long distance and narrow landing spot to avoid water and have a shot at birdie.  Instead it cost me...
I use The GRINT app and it gives me charts and trends and per hole analysis.  I feel like a total nerd but love looking at it.  
I am a 12 handicap on my course.  I am hitting 45% of fairways, 35% of greens, get up and down at 40%, 31 putts per round, 2 penalty strokes per round.  Average score is 83 on a par 71.  My best is 77 with only 2 fairways hit, but 11 greens.     Looking at it, I have to hit more greens, especially on par 3's.  I also have to eliminate the OB or water ball that bites me each round, though my course is narrow and on a lake so the water and OB are in play on some holes...