or Connect

Posts by dchoye

Not sure if a swing can truly be "vertical" there is always an incline plane. But I know what you mean. When I swing more like a ferris wheel it usually because I got an ball below my feet lie and I have to change my swing plane slightly to accommodate that My natural tendency is to draw so I am good on a ball above the feet and I don't really make my swing plane flatter, I choke up and aim slightly right and allow the ball to draw slightly more than on a flat lie.   On...
Good for you OP!   I have no respect for people who say this grip or that grip is the ONLY way to play. Maybe that is only grip you can play with , Even though I don't use cack grip(sometimes for putting) and it works for you carry on.
I been finding that I dont react well to a miss putt that lips out or goes 5 foot past the hole.(no one does) But I have seen some great players make the best of it and make their long  comebacks. I really dont have this mentality and can get down on myself and three putt.. So I tend to be more of a die at the hole putter than a charge putter. I feel I can make my fair share of putts over 3-4 rounds rather than be hot and cold.I do tend to be more agressive on slower...
I think it was 24 I was striking ball poorly and greens very small missed the green many times I had 12 easy chips to within 5 feet to the hole and made everyone of them. I putted one in off the green and three putted once. The green were really flat and slow except for three contour ones so it wasn't a hard course for putting
I find that when I draw with my irons my left hand holds the club strong and my right hand works more parallel with my left I don't feel like I'm manipulating with my hands to close the clubface. The draw is made from my swing plane Currently I like to feel like there is passive pressure points just below my left hand where my right hand meets the shaft to monitor my draw What does happen to me if my right arm /hand gets to active is hook snap However I turn my...
I resist commenting on Tiger, but cant people leave this  guy alone? Obviously he's not the same player he was but everyone has gone thru declines in their game. If he doesn't come back , that's okay, he was the best golfer in the world for the longest time.   I like to see Tiger get his mental focus back and I feel he can become competitive again, It's a shame he isn't not competitive in the big tournaments anymore, but I think he's got a right to play them and post...
It's very difficult to "shank" a wood. On a iron the hosel sticks out at the heel and catching too much of a heel right where the hosel is will cause the ball to rocket 45 degrees to the right. If you starting heeling the wood it will more like a cut fade You really have to miss the ball and hit it on shaft however there no face to deflect the ball 45 degrees on a wood so I don't think a "shank " is possible
I suppose if you subscribe to the whole "accumulator " concept. But I think made my game worse believing that accumulators as describe in TGM was the end all B allTGM is not and I'm not wasting my time reading up so called "accumulators "
I feel for you I suffer from the same. Love to smash the ball and I find the same pattern with with my driver. I notice that the days when my drive was acceptable Long and straight I was either baby fading with a 10 yard fade or pull slightly 10 to the left. If I tried to hard with either pattern that when things go wrong When I'm cutting and try hit the ball harder I would leave the face open and get the mother of slices. When I'm pulling and want an extra bit...
Working on my mental game. Seems like when I playing with better players I tend to play better. However when I play with recreational players who aren't good I tend to slack off. My focus is okay off the tee and fairway as I usually have a target. I think where I can improve from pitching distancing cause when there isn't a ball on the green to be "inside " my distance control is lacking Also on the green I tend to hole more putts against better players who one putts lots