or Connect

Posts by nick1998bunker

2nd hole of my first round of 2015 and I made a hole in one! I knew the swing was feeling better but not that good
I'm done arguing but if you map out the advantages and disadvantages of distance and accuracy you will see what I mean. Being closer to the hole from a longer drive is not an advantage because for amatuers who hit it generally in the 170-300 range, and are playing THE CORRECT TEES FOR THEIR DISTANCE ( this is crucial because it is what differentiates ameaturr golf which the OP is most likely implying recreation golf from pro golf which he most likely is implying tournament...
actually the tees are very important and if you can't see that your missing the point. Yalls only argument is that the extra distance creates a closer proximity to the hole, yes from the same tees but that does not happen in amateur golf which is the point I'm trying to think. Your removing a key variable and completely neglecting the obvious correlation between ability and distance. If you simplify the problem correctly using logic you get the question is the ability to...
guy 1 hits his ball 180 off tee and has 7 iron in. Guy 2 hits it 350 from his tee and has 7 iron in because he played the right tees for his length. Who is gonna score lower. Assuming same skill level my money is on guy one.
I was using it as an example to reduce variables because it would defeat the purpose of the explanation to talk about when I hit irons off the tee. I was talking more about a big wide fairway 150 out compared to a tiny fairway surrounded by bunkers and rough 30 yards out. And I always maintained that distance is important from the same tees like in tournaments. This thread was about amateurs specifically so I concluded that must mean standard recreational play. Where it is...
I used that score as a comparison because that's what I shoot when I hit the same. Club off the tee as I would from back, to keep it fair. If I hit pw or something off each tee to the same landing area as back yes I shoot better, much better
Ok I'm starting to see where you draw your reasoning. I brought up the tee difference because that seems to be the only thing that differentiates pro golf from amateur golf in that amateurs in recreation have a variety of options. I guess if you were proposing a single tee then distance is helpful on open straight holes due to a closer proximity for approach, but is detrimental on tougher holes off the tee due to less accuracy caused by more distance. All I know is that...
Ok then back to my argument that in rec golf when your plying the correct tees, which is why you have so many options compared to tournament golf of 1, you should have the same CLUB in as a guy playing 5 tees up. And you hit it farther so you are farther back, generally speaking. If your playing different tees I hope you are not closer than a guy who hits it 20 percent less than you because your doing it wrong.Don't mean to argue with anyone just nobody has provided any...
Soi guess that was my confusion I thought we were talking how far one can hit the ball.... Which I'm pretty sure this thread is about but idk. It would be dumb to start a thread asking is it better to be 30 yards away or 230
Yes that's why I said it is important in tournament golf from the same teesI'm not exactly sure what you are talking aboutits vital how? So if everybody hit the ball different distances there would be 1 set of tees? That's only the case in tournament golf where it is important. I don't understand that logicAre yall talking about distance from ball to hole or the distance one hits the ball? If yall are talking from ball to hole then yes being closer is better. I've been...