or Connect

Posts by Michael Lee

It still works!  I just played today and shot a wonderful 85.  My putting is ridiculous and everybody still laughs, but I did not slice today and except for the odd "slight cut" shot, they were either straight or had a nice draw on them.  Before, I was hanging back on my behind foot throughout the swing and as a result, my forward foot always spun around and pointed to the hole;  that's just plain wrong and leads to chunky shots.  Upon transferring most of my weight onto...
I just got back from the practice range.  You're right!  It actually works!  I started with my weight just slightly on the behind foot and during the downswing, gently (i.e. not a bump) transfer my weight onto the forward foot and my shots were almost making it into orbit (okay, I'm exaggerating, but thanks for the great tip) .
I've tried keeping my weight on the forward foot during the entire swing and without any success; perhaps there is such a thing as too much weight on it and I should try to feel for eighty percent.  Thanks for the advice though, I'll give it a try.
Keeping my weight slightly on my right foot and let the swing transfer my weight automatically, I shortened my backswing considerably and for the downswing I thought about trying to swing the club hard out to the right, to keep from coming over the top.  It feels as if I'm going to completely miss the ball, instead, it strikes it solidly with a slight draw.
I got into a heated argument with a "friend" who claimed I must take a stroke because on a particular shot I had in the trees, I hit the stupid tree and, knowing full well it's hopeless at that point, "aborted" the shot by stopping the club about half way down.  I told him he has the intellect of an artichoke and that he is wrong.  Who is really right?
I think I've solved the problem of my swing?  I know, always be skeptical of this claim. I've never been able to understand having a smooth transition at the top, but I think I might have some insight.  I have been jerking the club downwards prematurely during my backswing; it just doesn't work if I do that.  Instead, think of an amusement park ride called "the Fireball" or "Super Loops".  Please see the following link on YouTube.         Notice how when the vehicle...
It just occurred to me.....professional golfers must hit between spectators all the time!  Here I am worrying about a stupid window, and pros must deal with the consequence of an errant golf ball seriously injuring a spectator.  I don't know how they do it.  Thank God I'm pathetic at golf and will not need to worry about such a fate.
I must further confess I put down an eight on number five despite the fact I didn't hole out (I used equitable stroke limit).  After I heard the smash, I wasn't about to hit a provisional.  I wonder what the rule book would have to say about that?  Perhaps we need a rule that should a player hit an errant shot into an expensive window, the player has two options, be honest and inform the owner of the property that one has damaged it and is more than happy to pay for it,...
If they can afford to live in a house that luxurious, then they ought to be able to afford insurance for such damages - I can't although I will pay the deductible.  That would be the fair thing to do, but they would insist I pay for the entire cost of replacing the window.   I know I'll eventually confess and tell them I broke their window.   At least my dad has money - God bless him.
Today I played well, relative to my handicap of 21, I shot 92 (with five three putts).  I'd love to be happy, but I sliced badly on hole number five  (on which course specifically is irrelevant) and I heard a smashing unlike anything I've ever heard before. It was a large expensive window on at least a five million dollar home.   The people who live in such houses, so they say, cannot obtain insurance against golf ball damages because such a thing it too expensive.   I...