or Connect

Posts by Michael Lee

I tried sliding my hips towards the target on the downswing  - doesn't help at all.   I photographed my swing and clearly my club is very steep and vertical at the top.   Does this help clarify what's wrong?
I'm off to the range right now to try shifting my weight to the right; now that I think about it, I am hanging back.  But when does this weight transfer happen and how?  Is it done at the top of the swing or during the downswing?  In another thread, there is a movement (i.e. a slide), of the hips towards the target like Nick Faldo does in his swing photographs.   See, http://thesandtrap.com/t/29616/the-biggest-secret-slide-your-hips   I can hardly wait to see the...
I'm in a real golf rutt.  All my shots are chunky and the divots all point to the left for a righty golfer.   Is their a simple solution for this?  Please share.
It's just no use! It's just no use!      No matter what swing thought I implant into my mind, I couldn't hit the ball straight today.   It's a fine line between laughter and tears.
Depends, had your friend been seriously hurt, breaking out in laughter would be very inappropriate; instead a more Stoical approach (grace under pressure) is needed.  I carry my cellphone in my golf bag for golf course emergencies.  After a trip to a hospital and suppose he's okay, laughter about the incident should be archived into the club's history.  For example, when I was only ten, I managed to get my hand stuck in a cigarette vending machine at my club.  At the time...
Why don't we just wrap up this thread with that - God Bless you All 
The face of the club must be perpendicular with the intended flight path at impact.   Grant me the supposition, according to Ben Hogan, the path of the club head must be "on plane" during the swing. I almost always go over the top and cause the club head to come in too steep. This results in chunky shots with divots that always point to the left, instead of straight or right of the target.  I also notice, with photographs of my swing, I tend to transfer my weight to...
Since I am a slicer, I try to swing the club head at a forty five degree angle to the right of the intended target on the downswing.   This never actually happens and it feels as if I'm going to completely miss the ball; instead the club takes a more "in to out path" and the ball flies away like a dove. I also think about rhythm in the swing; I try to feel for when the club is almost weightless in my hands (don't let go of the grip); only then is it okay to "apply...
I sincerely apologize for my brain fart post about the Ravens; I had too much on nineteenth hole that night. It's really not advised to combine this forum with alcoholic beverages.   My mind tends to drift from one thing to another as I think about them. But what is seek is humour on the golf course.  Getting angry while playing will do you no good.  Instead, if one is able to laugh at their poor shots, anger disappears.  Try vocalizing words such as: pathetic, oh...
What is really funny on a golf course are these ravens hanging out at my club. Not are they really noisy, but they're smarter than humans to some extent. The club tried scarecrows, plastic owls, plastic snakes, playing the sounds of hawks, etc. Ravens, crows and magpies are much too intelligent to fall for such things.   These birds, according to scientific studies, can recognize peoples' faces. They did so at a university where familiar people causes them no...