or Connect

Posts by Michael Lee

The face of the club must be perpendicular with the intended flight path at impact.   Grant me the supposition, according to Ben Hogan, the path of the club head must be "on plane" during the swing. I almost always go over the top and cause the club head to come in too steep. This results in chunky shots with divots that always point to the left, instead of straight or right of the target.  I also notice, with photographs of my swing, I tend to transfer my weight to...
Since I am a slicer, I try to swing the club head at a forty five degree angle to the right of the intended target on the downswing.   This never actually happens and it feels as if I'm going to completely miss the ball; instead the club takes a more "in to out path" and the ball flies away like a dove. I also think about rhythm in the swing; I try to feel for when the club is almost weightless in my hands (don't let go of the grip); only then is it okay to "apply...
I sincerely apologize for my brain fart post about the Ravens; I had too much on nineteenth hole that night. It's really not advised to combine this forum with alcoholic beverages.   My mind tends to drift from one thing to another as I think about them. But what is seek is humour on the golf course.  Getting angry while playing will do you no good.  Instead, if one is able to laugh at their poor shots, anger disappears.  Try vocalizing words such as: pathetic, oh...
What is really funny on a golf course are these ravens hanging out at my club. Not are they really noisy, but they're smarter than humans to some extent. The club tried scarecrows, plastic owls, plastic snakes, playing the sounds of hawks, etc. Ravens, crows and magpies are much too intelligent to fall for such things.   These birds, according to scientific studies, can recognize peoples' faces. They did so at a university where familiar people causes them no...
I laughed when Henrik Stenson broke his club on his knee at the British Open, but he could have impaled himself with it and that would be horrifying.   Also, never under any circumstances should a player throw his club or beat it into the turf, especially on the greens; that's just called being a total golf jerk; there ought to be a four stroke penalty for doing such a thing.   Besides, if anyone was hurt as a result of such a club throw, not only could one,...
Of course it's immoral to laugh at the misfortunes of others if they are of a serious nature.  Flipping a golf cart is not funny as people get hurt or even killed by such events.   In the film "Caddyshack" it was hilarious when Judge Smails threw his putter and hit someone in the head, but that was just a movie.
I apologize if I shifted scope from a philosophical question to one concerning golf. Then again, I've played with the more Stoical golfers who say nothing at all the entire round as they try to become "One with the golf course."   Of course, since it is my "friends" who conveyed this information to me, I must confess it's hearsay evidence and ought not be relied upon. I'm sure this guy is a wonderful man deep in his heart.  So wonderful, his wife left him because he...
There is this guy at my club who said to my friends, I have the intellect of an artichoke. Even though it's true to some extent, it wasn't a nice thing to say about a fellow member.   In the club championship this year, he lost by one stroke by missing a three foot putt on the final hole. The look on his face was hilarious, his eyes suddenly went wide in horror and his jaw dropped.  I controlled myself, but Lord it was funny.   The phenomenon is called schadenfreude;...
I do not believe Tiger's problems are his golf strokes.  As I'm not his physician, I'm unable to even speculate what the nature of his injuries are.   I believe he needs a little help feeling good about himself again. I also think every human being deserves that kind of thing.   As I am now middle aged, I can attest that life is too short to worry about what others think of you.
The only thing I'm certain of is not death and taxes. All I know is, from one moment to the next, I make many mistakes. Mistakes while golfing, working, loving, etc.   Tiger is going to soar high again, because he's as human as all the rest of us.