or Connect

Posts by Steve Hutch

For 6 months you are doing well. But I'm worried you are not having much fun. And the advice here will be very technical. You have the physique of a golfer so I advise getting a few lessons to get the basics down.   But in the meantime have you ever tried to thrash the ball for fun? I mean really swing at it. It seems like you are afraid to hit the ball. Don't worry you won't break them. So do your controlled drills and practice but leave some balls at the end to have...
maybe I should have been clearer Mr. Burton9190. My concern was that the lad was getting already frustrated and was looking for some miracle cure. His problems are inconsistency. The reality is it takes years of practice. And when I say practice I mean a purposeful and deliberate approach. I didn't say just go out there and hit balls. I assumed he was smarter than that.
OK. thsSeems like these guys have really helped you. It's amazing to see you improve so fast. I often get paired with hacks on the course who are too egotistical to get lessons or ask for help. And they wonder why they get so frustrated. Try to play with guys much better than you and you'll see and hear what their ball impact is like. After you get these fundamentals down your club head speed will get faster (only at the bottom, please) and you'll begin to flush it...
Dude, you have a great swing. And looks like you have the sporting ability to get better. I'm not an instructor and can't give you a detailed breakdown. But on your driver swing you seem very far away from the ball. Your arms are reaching out a lot. I'm amazed you can even reach the ball on your downswing, but sure enough your swing path will be coming from the inside so much it can't help but push the ball to the right through impact. Also you are creating such a wide...
Hey, here is the deal. We can't tell anything with practice swings. We all got good practice swings.  Let us see you hit a ball.   Anyway, your swing looks good. All you have to do now is practice like crazy. And I mean a lot. We all have to. Practice only hitting half swings to get used to the feel when you hit a shot solid, off the middle of the face. Do this thousands of time with each club. Make em go straight. Then build up to a full swing.
It takes years I'm afraid. For all of us.   I had a quite nice swing from my childhood but I recently began again. It took me 3 years to start hitting it out of the center of the face. This is all that matters. 
This is easy. Even I did it to the amazement of my buddies.   1. Use a brand new lob wedge 58 or 60. 2. Use a brand new tour level ball 3. Study and practice the "hinge and hold method" on the Phil Mickelson DVD. 4. Clip the ball hard and crisp 5. Only try from 30 yards out (tough on short shorts)
I'm not an instructor but I see or feel a real outside to in swing path. This glancing blow will sometimes create a high fade with an open club face but if the clubface is square it will go straight right in your case. Many people have this problem. I have this problem.    Firstly you gotta slow down at the top. Your transition is so fast you are throwing or twisting your left shoulder laterally. You are trying to "kill it" and its killing you. You have to develop an...
I'm not an instructor but I think you are doing a lot of things right and it will only be a matter of practice and time before you are shooting in the low 80s.    Your set up is good. Half way back you are good. But then there is slight tilt. Look at Hunter Mahan. I did. His spine never moves. It spins but never floats around on the backswing. Your head will become more stable too. Keep your spine angle solid and you will load into the right leg correctly. At the top...
OK, kinda ignore my last post. I haven't seen your latest videos and how much you have improved. I'm impressed. Your core seems so much more stable. Keep that up. I had to learn that too. I watched Hunter Mahan and saw how stable everything was. Its like he a rod down his spine that everything spins around. Your head will stop floating around if you keep your spine firm.    The only thing I "feel" you are still doing is mentally you are trying to "hit" the ball. Think if...