or Connect

Posts by ChrisP

I think it's cold everywhere. I'm in Florida and I'm freezing my patookies off here. 38 degrees.
Definitely looked relaxed. Actually looks younger when watching him practice. He's not limping around...he has more pop in his step....doesn't have that stupid looking goat-tee....and his swing looks as if he's not holding anything back like you could kinda tell last year. Hopefully all systems are go with that part of his game. I hope he can fix his short game because that's where the challenges lie ahead.
I believe Verne Lundquist is retiring, too, if I heard correctly. That'd be two big losses for CBS this year.
Remember we saw this a lot at the beginning of last year, too....maybe not to this magnitude, but the theme early last season was the big names choking on the last day and no-names winning. Rory McIlroy at Honda.....Adam Scott at Bay Hill....Rose in Tampa....Bubba in Phoenix...Kuchar in Houston. The last two weeks already we've seen Walker and Kaymer throw away leads, although Walker can make up for it today. But maybe it's just early season jitters for the big boys, I...
I think Rory is as good as Tiger from a ball-striking aspect, and when he's on his A-game, he'd be able to hang with Woods in his prime on his A-game. I don't know about beat him, but at least hang with him. But the big disparity comes in consistency. Tiger consistently either won or was around the lead almost every week from '99-'08. McIlroy is streaky. He'll win 3 or 4 in a row and then disappear for a while. He'll miss his share of cuts. Almost reminiscent of Phil in a...
Depends on how big you take majors into account. Guys like Colin Montgomerie, Lee Westwood and Sergio Garcia have great resumes, but lack majors. I think you have to take a look at some multiple major winners that have also had success outside of majors, such as Ernie Els, Retief Goosen, Vijay Singh, Mark O'Meara, Nick Price and Payne Stewart. Of course, Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Phil Mickelson are slam dunks to be on that list.   If you could add 15 guys since 1990,...
Masters: Spieth - Big year for the kid US Open: McDowell - Always plays the US Opens well on the West Coast British: Rory - He's gonna destroy St. Andrews if weather is kind enough PGA: Fowler - Finally gets his major
He has a very long way to go. First thing he needs to do is win at Augusta and complete the career slam. You can't even talk about him in the same breath as Woods until he at least does that.   Anxious to see how Spieth does this year. The last 3 weeks he has showed domination and the ability to also stand out on the world stage. It was a question this past year if he can learn to close out tournaments and win. He's learning how to do that.
 ESPN is tied to NBC with the US Open. The NBC crew does the telecasting mixed with ESPN guys and ESPN does Live From shows. I don't think ESPN's coverage of the British is all that great, either. But some of the personalities on there at least have a lot of experience, like Tirico, Judy Rankin a few others. Fox has a lot of first-timers. I remember the days of ABC doing the US Open and NBC's is a lot better, IMO. True, Miller and Hicks will do other telecasts but the Open...
 The NHL struggled a lot without ESPN for a while. It's still not as popular as it was back 10-15 years, but I admit, it's recovered some. But still not as popular a game as it once was. I may end up being wrong on this, but I think it was a mistake to leave ESPN and NBC. We'll see what happens come June, but I just don't like the change. I'l flat out say it....l miss Dan Hicks and Johnny Miller calling the US Open. I thought they were excellent at what they did. I'm...