or Connect

Posts by ChrisP

Wow, Spieth shot 62? Pretty amazing stuff.
He looks dead.....almost as if he hasn't slept in days.
I wish Rory was around in '97. I would love to see what he would have done in that Masters with his length and how we would have competed against Woods in that era. Would have been an unbelievable rivalry. I truly do believe Rory's A-game is very close to Tiger's A-game in his prime. The difference is Tiger's A-game showed up almost every week whereas Rory's shows up in spurts. But I really wish someone stepped up during Tiger's prime as a rival to him. As special as that...
McDowell loves West Coast U.S. Opens. Won at Pebble in '10 and finished 2nd at Olympic in '12. I'm sure he'll be geared up for this one if he can get healthy.
 Best advice I can keep him is just keep seeing your girlfriend and don't change your way of life. She seems like a great girl for him from everything I've seen and heard. Girls can ruin it for a guy. Just ask Rory, Adam Scott and even Sergio. The thing I like is he has good parents and a really good family. That can go a long way in keeping your head straight and focused.
 Really? I like NBC. I really like Dan Hicks, Johnny Miller, Roger Maltbie and Mark Rolfing. I think Maltbie is the best of any on course reporter, along with David Feherty. I could do without Peter Jacobsen, but other than that, I think NBC's coverage is stellar. I like Dottie Pepper as well. Obviously the ESPN part isn't great with Berman, but that's only for two hours and I can go to a bar and watch that part with the tv on mute. I think Joe Buck will be alright, but I...
It was two kinds of "-18's". Tiger really took apart that course with his length and dominated in that fashion. He was hitting wedges into par-5s for Christ's sake. He was hitting it so far they had to "Tiger proof" after that. Spieth is a much shorter hitter, but he dominated with the putter. Jordan's putting is ridiculously impressive and he is extremely smart and manages the course so well.   I do think if you put today's field back in '97 on that course, Tiger still...
Can't wait for it. The only thing I'm kinda nervous about is it going to Fox. ESPN really marketed the Masters well....FoxSports1 has been a total bust so far and that's where the promotions will be for it since that's where Rounds 1 and 2 are. Also, a lot of first timers broadcasting. Brad Faxon got let go by NBC but picked up by Fox for the Open.   But outside of TV worries, I think it's going to be a great Open. Great golf course that should favor the big hitters....
Yeah, I agree...it's too early to anoint him the next Jack Nicklaus. That being said, the fact he's been as consistent as he has been since he came on the scene and given he really has good parents and people looking after him, there's a better chance than not of this kid really being a force in the future. Not saying he's going to win 14 majors, but I do think he'll at least contend in 1 or 2 more this year and some more next year and we'll go from there. I also think...
He's playing again? Kid needs to take a break. He's going to end up playing more tourneys in one month than Tiger does in a year.