or Connect

Posts by rkim291968

The other day, 4 separate twosome groups were sandwiched between foursomes: 4-4-2(me)-2-2-2-4-4.   Sure enough twosomes started to wait on every hole.   With course pretty full, it did not make sense to have twosomes pass through.   I fully "expected" the twosome ahead of me to ask to join but they didn't.  I'd ask to be joined but something in their body language told me that they want to be left alone (won't make eye contact, etc).  Ditto for the two twosomes ahead of...
With mass departure, maybe they got the picture.  Good luck!     Saw Caddyshack recently.   I watched it many years ago when I knew nothing about golf.  Watching it again after 5 years of playing golf, the movie was whole lot different that I remembered.   Saw a little bit of that in this thread.     I voted "nice" on this poll.   Most fellow golfers in my club are very nice, with good golf etiquette.   There are a few bad apples but they are outnumbered by the rest...
... and my mental game.   After a poor hole, I repeat it in the next hole.  I need to recover from bad hole as soon as it happens.
 I did, too. Golf courses closing is no news.   Still, I hope they don't go the route of bowling alleys.   Only one of 3 bowling alleys that I used to go still remain open.  
LOL.  This reminds me of one elderly gentleman (it could have been Fourputt ) I've seen in par 3 exec course I frequented.  He is handicapped (one leg shorter than the other), rides a cart, plays by himself, zips by everyone (skips a hole if someone slower is in front), and gets done with 9 hole in about 30 - 40 minutes.   He is playing early in the morning on weekdays, and I suspect he is retired.  But gee whizz, he was in a hurry as if the sole purpose of playing golf is...
Looks like Lance Armstrong became an avid golfer.   If he was the writer for the article (not another guy with same name), then the article is very ironic (and I am putting this mildly).   I got fooled to respect him when he came back from cancer to win.   Once I knew "how" he did it, and all his denials, etc., he's just another a**hole in my book.   I will have to be careful if I ever end up playing with him for money .    Back to OP, I guess Golf Digest thought it'd be...
The article had these guys working as a team (2 groups back to back) to pull off a sting to fool the officials.  They won a car but there was a conflict among team members on how to split the winning.   One guy blew the whistle b/c he wasn't getting his fair share.    Apparently, there are other stories like this one where people conspired to cheat the officials (or officials were in it, too) to win a big prize (new car, $10000, etc).   The organizers sometimes hire an...
One time, these two guys whom I got paired up with did exactly that.   The guys joked (at least I thought) about hitting a ball into the front group and actually did it.  They continue to do that until a yelling match broke out between the two groups.   I seen quite a few more incidents since then.  
So many different golf ball models from Callaway and not enough time to try them all .... .    I like Titleist way of keeping to a few line of balls - DT, Nxt Tour, Pro v1 - year after year.  
S**t happens all the time. too many times to count.  I have done it myself inadvertently.  When I do, I make sure to call fore, and then apologize.   I even call fore for my partners' shots whether they do or not.   Almost all the time, fore & apology combo work.   But that's just too complex for some.   A few will purposefully hit into a front group to "send a message."  I usually let that go the first time.  2nd time that happens, I will yell at them back and thing...