or Connect

Posts by rkim291968

I need to apply the strategy more, from shot #1 and not just from duffed 1st shot.   I don't apply the strategy consistently.  E.g, if I have been hitting 3W well, I will use it after the said duff shot.   The right play is probably go with something shorter.    If I have not been hitting 3W well, I try to go with a safer shot.    The other strategy that I often don't apply is hitting away from trouble.   I do way too many pin hunting instead of hitting the approach shot...
 Agreed.   When my playing partner plays from White, I use that excuse to play from White as well.    Hmm, perhaps, I should suggest a similar concept to my club's handicap committee.  
Do you think moving up will reduce your HI?  It will definitely reduce mine and I have data to back it up.    If I only count White Tee scores, I'd have better HI by 1 or 2 points.    But all my club's tournaments are from blue tee, hence, I play mostly from there.  
Peaked at 22 (career high since tracking HI) two months ago and it is back down to 19.3 (same as what it was 6 months ago).  
 Cool!   I am also finding my iron accuracy but by removing 3 & 4 irons from my bags .   It significantly reduced my score on a few holes.
 You may.   I went to get fitted for a new driver b/c I wanted to increase distance.  This was when my HI was in low teens and I was eager to get to the next level.  Like you and many others, I thought the added driver distance will improve my HI to the next level.   Anyway, after some testing, my fitter and I concluded that I already have a decent driver, and I will get more out of correcting my swing mechanics than going with another driver.    He told me that going with...
I think it comes down to "are you goal or process" oriented person question.  You can guess that I am more goal oriented.   I think it has to do with my long time job environment.  Good job, Liu, in lowering your handicap to 13.  You will be on your way to single digit handicap soon. My next GHIN tomorrow is going to show 19.3, down another 0.6 from last report.   It was 22 only 3 months ago so I am going in the right direction.   I fixed some demons with my hitting...
 I'd rather do both well but if I am a given the choice, I'd rather card an 87.  I'd be more frustrated if I hit well and still shoot a poor score. 
 I fully agree but it is mentally hard to do this on short but difficult holes.   Recently, I am using my 150 yard club on a particular 175 yard par 3 hole if I don't have my A game.   Before, regardless of my playing condition that day, I'd use 175 yard club only to see my ball land in OB, deep rough, bunker (this hole's green is surrounded by danger).   A par hole then becomes double bogey hole or worse.  I know I have to do more (and will) of this but the allure of...
 Yesterday, I had +21 on 1st 9 holes and thought I would be lucky to break 110.  But on back 9, I finished with +6 and managed to break 100.   It was a tale of two cities, Jekyll and Hyde, ...  But for me, it's better to have bad 1st 9 and finish strong.   Having a good start and finishing bad makes me feel worse even if it was a decent final score.   I think a lot of my swing mistakes are due to not completing the back swing.   Slower back swing help completes it.  ...