or Connect

Posts by Royster1984

I tend not too use it off the deck as I often snap hook it, pretty much same with the tee shot. I've only recently purchased it and I am looking to get more use from it but at the minute confidence does not allow it.
 I dont think i need to use the driver on too many holes we have a lot of holes that play around 370-400yrds and I am hitting my 7 iron around 160 so If I can get my 3 Wood to go around 220-230 it would be great. Driver is currently going around 240-250 with no wind conditions.  I think it is mainly a confidence issue with my 3wood as I am also struggling with my 3H too, rest of the clubs are fine.
We have a couple of tight holes of the tee and there distance is just a little too long for me to use an iron. The holes in question are around 420-430 and if I hit my 4 Iron of tee, leaves me around 230-240 to green which means i have to play it as a par 5.    I am hoping to get better with my 3 wood so this can be my go too club on these tricky tees. Does anyone have any tips for hitting the 3w in general or any good videos to watch to help get setup better for it??
 I have been trying to hit it like this http://www.golfchannel.com/media/using-3-wood-tee-golf-fix/
I have always struggled of the tee with accuracy and recently bought a new cobra bio cell 3 wood with the hope of using this on the majority of tees unless I had room to open up and needed the extra yardage.   However I am finding it alot harder to hit the 3 wood of the tee than the driver. I was wondering if it was a common misconception that 3 woods are actually easier to hit than driver now a days with the massive heads and forgiving faces etc or if i am just setting...
 ah i see, main thing is it is giving you the data you need to improve.
 This is pretty much what I am tracking, as long as my tee shot allows me to go to phase 2 the approach shot then its fine and not logged as a error. I do like your system, only down side for me would be looks a lot of work tracking it on the course without using an app (I am a pen and paper guy on the course). Noting which club and distance you hit for approach shot. But each person system works for them thats the best part and everyone system needs to evolve to allow a...
 I think the key is tracking stats that will help improve your golf/scoring and looking at averages over a long period.  Using my system if I average after 20 rounds the following; 5 Tee Shot Errors2 Approach Errors4 Short Game Errors That is potentially 11 Shots on average wasted per round, so for the next few weeks/months I spend extra time on my driving and also look at some better course/club management of the tee. Same goes with my short game, I will look to dedicate...
 Yeah I think marking your scorecard on the round is the easiest way, I simply put a T,A,S or P on my card when I fail with (T) Tee Shot (A) Approach Shot (S) Short Game and (P) Penalty.  The great thing about tracking your stats is you can customize it to your own plan and try and get some solid information from it, which in turn gives you something to work with. I am hoping to see some nice results from my system, this weeks focus in practice is putting extra effort...
I am a bit of a statistic tracker and like to keep a spreadsheet log of my rounds to see trends and then try and put a plan together to fix the common issues. I am hoping people who also are interested in data collection are willing to share experiences so maybes we can all mod our own structures for the better.   Having read an article in my golf magazine this month about data tracking and making good use of it. I decided to change my system up, to see If I can get some...