or Connect

Posts by Spitfisher

3 thoughts   A) unless you make a living at golf, don't over complicate things.   B) If the apple watch has to be prodded, squeezed, or  touched in any manner to get information its a waste of effort. Its distracting you from golf and its just another thing slowing down the game. Yes it might be a couple of seconds- but its all relative. Keep in mind the Apple phone is the most expensive under performing,  phone in the world, That is a fact!  My guess is the watch will...
My suggestion is have the captain pick them all.....
Nothing to show really.   1) tee up ball 2) walk to rear of the tee boxbehind the ball. 3) visualize, ball flight, location and line. 4) place head the driver or iron behind the ball. 5) Grip, visualize swing 6) swing thru the ball. 7) pick up tee     Note: no practice swing, no standing over the ball. Steps 1-7 is all of 20 seconds
I learned how to play on a 9 hole executive course in upstate NY- its still there 50 years later.
if the OP is an adult or teenager, DONOT cut down the clubs, Instead seek some advice on your swing and set up, You maybe standing too close to the ball.
I play right thru thanksgiving weekend, frozen greens an all....
Fox is also doing the summer ( Brazil) Olympics featuring golf and is building their stable of personalities to cover it. My guess is there will be continued movement of Golf personalities, most of which we are familiar with. after all it is about money forBrian Williams on NBC evening news reads a script, no matter how personal or sincere it sounds- he is reading something that someone else wrote. as did Holly. Sanders . If you think she is pulling questions and ideas...
I joined the 60s club a couple of times from my normal tee ( one set closer from the far back tees) funny thing is I flirted with 72 a couple of times, then bam! I shot 66**and followed it up witha 68, and a half dozen 69s now and then in the same year. Since then different story, I don't think I'll be back now it seems like a decent round is low - mid 70s Shooting 66 for me was magical, yes I chipped in for birdie and made a couple 12-15 footers. I also bogied 2 holes...
A buddy of mine has a perfect spot in his heated refurbished barn for a simular, high ceiling, very open,plenty of room. He is looking for a simulater that   A) won't break the bank, B easy to use and set up C have both range and courses to use.   he is definitely not looking for a trackman or flightscope.   any suggestions out there? again he wants to hit real golf balls into a net or screen when he is bored and have some guys come over on a winter weekend to play...
Invest in a decent bag, including one with either individual slots for the clubs, use your head covers and keep the irons clean and dirt free after every shot shot. I use a small brush i bought in a paint store, the bristles are a very course but made of plastic. I then have this brush on a retractable( recoil) lanyard, I have it mounted on the outside of the bag. If you have to dig thru your bag every time you want to clean out the grooves, you'll never do it frequently...