or Connect

Posts by 18rounds

Do you think it is disrespectful for someone to verbalize a goal that others are trying to reach? Honest question. No wrong answer.I am trying to analyze why people feel so strong about the Dan Plan.Some people may be familiar with Gary Vaynerchuk. He is very vocal about his goal to buy the NY Jets. That obviously is a ridiculous goal. He would need to be in the top 1/2% of the wealthiest people in the world. However, it is the goal that drives him. I am fascinated but I...
I absolutely must use a new tee on each hole. No good can come of re-useing a tee. ... I don't know why.
Where are the 20 yard bounces when we need them. I hit my 9 iron what I would estimate to be about 200-225 yards (I didn't measure it) with the help of a cart path. Unfortunately, it was a 155 yard par 3. :) actually it doesn't really matter. To hit the cart path I was obviously off line enough that I was going to be in trouble even if my length was perfect.
the course is jammed up, your group didn't ask to play through, you tried to sneak around them at the turn without communication, your group hit into the group in front of you.If those are the facts I am not sure that the group ahead of yours is the one with an etiquette issue.
1) I almost always walk when I go alone.2) my "alone" rounds are 9 hole rounds. Usually about 1.5 don't keep good track of time. This evening it was 1hour and 35 minutes. Never saw another golfer after the first tee.
Don't worry about us 25+ ers. We usually are far enough off in the weeds to be of no danger. :)
 Oh NO! Don't let them here you say that over in the rules forum. The rules say one at a time and if you don't play by every rule you are not allowed to talk about golf to anyone outside of your foursome.Otherwise some Scottish dude in a kilt will come beet you to death with a bagpipe. 
I meant to add... As far as I know out etiquette is good. We fix ball marks and divots. We play ready ball and keep up with the group in front of us. We rake sand traps when we use them. We yell fore when we send a shot into the next fairway. I would like to think that our rules and our etiquette are not related.  
I wonder what % of the golfing population compete in sanctioned events. From reading on here I am getting the feeling that my usual group may be pretty different than the average group.We are all pretty bad golfers. All three of us have either started playing in the last few years or started playing on a regular basis in the last 3. We never play in events other than the occasional work related scramble. We don't play for money other than once and a while a closest to the...
Deep breaths Shorty. The children didn't mean to walk across your lawn. :)