or Connect

Posts by Hardballs

Yeah, the slower I did it the better results, although shorter distance naturally, it was great with my lower lofted clubs, (4i to 7i,) I been playing 9 holes alone every day this week, so I was hitting 3/4 approach balls to each green, the straightness and flight improved greatly! So I need to get on the range now and groove this feeling in with all my irons/wedges, then get my distances nailed, I definitely think I'm onto something here.... Again๐Ÿ˜‰
I've been working on the same thing this week, after watching the masters I remembered how the pros stand with their arms almost vertical downwards, and I'm having much better results, I strangely started hitting the ball a bit thin at first, then I soley concentrated on the front of the ball rather than the back, slowed my back swing, and BOOM! Straighter shots shooting of the face of the club! I then tried to apply this to my driver/woods with no success at all! ๐Ÿ˜
Driver first! Gets you off to a good start! Nice forgiving driver with a suitable shaft will make the long holes easier! Your then gonna need a sand wedge! Try a few, get fitted even! This is a cub that's gonna score you points so get the right one, with the right bounce and grind for ya swing, Then get irons, maybe 5 to gap wedge, get ya distance gaps consistent,... Then go for hybrids/ woods to fill the long shot gaps! It weird because many people go on about putters but...
He's earned it and deserves, he's a very entertaining player!
Amen corner could decide the winner here!
It's just the hatch to the sewer!
A 7 year old thread!!! I use my 62* on average around twice a round, it works and I love it!
As a beginner all you require is set of game improvement clubs, second hand is perfectly fine, some players never buy new clubs as you pay a premium for the privilege, clubs, in general, are built to last, so a 2nd hand set of gi irons will be perfect for you, and if you don't like the game you'll probably get your money back! Maybe look for a set calloways, or pings a few seasons old, they've always made good gi irons and the calloways in particular can be bought second...
I would say keep them for a month, get used to weight, length and get your swing a bit more consistent with them, then get the lie/length tested again! At 5'8", like me! A half inch shorter night have solved the problem, some fitters, it appears, prefer to keep the length as it is and adjust the lie, but it's not always suitable, by shortening the shaft you reduce the lie, and I think that can be a better alternative in cases of of people 5'8" and below, that's what I did...
In jan I played on the course where they held the Spanish open a few years ago, the greens were terrifying... TERRIFYING!! I can't fairly compare them to Augusta, but they were lightning fast, I suppose if your used to that kind of surface then it's not so bad, but to me it showed just how skilled the pro's are at putting,