or Connect

Posts by golfdude71

Thanks.   But how about short game videos like those for chipping and putting ? Since chipping, putting are touch and feel games aren't those videos also useful ?
Hello,   I am taking lessons from a golf instructor and overall he is quite good. I asked him about the usefulness of watching golf videos of youtube etc. He told me absolutely to stay away from watching generalized videos because he says each person is different and what you see in a video might not be applicable to you.   What do you all think ?   There are thousands of videos online and I thought some of them were quite good. Do the videos have to be so...
Folks,   Being a high handicapper, many of my rounds are terrible. Since I play early mornings, I don't feel good after a bad round. For example I feel anxious during the day to go back and play a decent round. Other times I keep on imagining a good golf swing during the daytime and how I will execute it next time.   Inspite of knowing the fact that I am a high handicapper, I still feel down and out after a bad round. I have heard many people say that enjoy the game...
Hello folks,   I am a RH golfer. I went to an instructor couple of weeks back. He corrected the following things in my swing:   1) Grip. My grip was totally incorrect.   2) During the backswing my left foot was coming way off the ground. Also my right knee was swaying too much to the right with my hip turn. He asked me to feel my left feet on the ground during the back swing and not move my right knee.   3) My stance was too wide. He asked me to narrow it.   4) I...
Folks,   I am going to take a lesson from this instructor tomorrow and will write here how it goes.   Meanwhile, I again read Ben Hogan's Five Lessons book yesterday and made some changes in my grip on the course today because I felt I was not gripping the club correctly after reading the book. And I noticed that with the change in my grip, I was hitting a higher % of balls decently. Now I am not sure if it was the result of changing my grip or if everything just fell...
Hello Friends,   I am planning to take few more lessons and was talking to an instructor today at the range. He tells me that if the grip and stance are correct, 80% of the work is done. What happens during the swing is only 20% remaining and not very critical. Thus if your grip, stance and ball position are perfect, you can hit the ball well even if your swing is not perfect. I find this is too easy, too good to be true and thus hard to believe because I am still...
Hello,   I am a right hander and have been playing a round every alternate day for the past few weeks. As if I did not have enough problems with my swing, I have noticed one more issue. My right forearm is always sore after the round on that day.   Is it normal for golfers to have a sore right forearm if they play everyday or every alternate day ? Or am I gripping the club too hard, swinging with my arms etc. ?   Thanks a lot.
Does it mean if I keep my left arm straight (or not let it collapse) but my back swing is short, I will be still able to hit a good distance ?   Thanks.
Hello,   I have observed almost all decent golfers being able to slightly brush (or scrape) the ground during a practice swing on the range or on the course. I am not able to do that consistently. I have tried all kinds of the following things:   1) Keep my head still 2) Not raise my body 3) Take a shorter swing 4) Come down with my body on the downswing and not with my arms   Inspite of that I scrape the ground only sometimes during the practice swing...
Hello,   I am a right hander. I have noticed that if I try to lengthen my back swing, my left arm bends at the top of my back swing. And when my left arm is completely straight, I feel as if I am only at half swing. But with that straight left arm and supposedly half back swing, the ball goes a nice distance and feels like distance is same as compared to when I try to lengthen my back swing.   That makes me think that keeping the left arm straight during the back...