or Connect

Posts by Warren Zevon

Welcome to the forums.Well, I nearly achieved one of my goals for the season by breaking 100 at my home course this morning. I was two strokes under fifty on the front, but went double bogey and quadruple on the final two holes to shoot a 53 on the back.Putting and second shots were good today. Driving and short chipping weren't.Baby steps, deep breaths.
I shot a personal best nine hole 46 on the front nine of my home course this morning. Then I utterly and completely shit the bed on the back, rounding out with a horrendous 59 for a 105 total. I believe I had three quads. I wish I'd never counted the scorecard between nine and ten:(
I'm about halfway through the first season of Orphan Black. It's quite good. Although I find it very...Canadian.
I shot another 99 today at a local course. 48 in, 51 out. Missed three birdie opportunities, including a two foot gimme on hole #2. Putting absolutely killed me today. Far too many three putts for this kid. Hit 88% of the fairways on the front and a third of the GIRs. Missed a few fairways on the back, but by inches. I didn't play my usual drastic slice today. I swung a lot easier with the boom stick and surprisingly managed to keep the ball in play. And I only...
  After a week of shooting 105-107 on five consecutive days ( and always shooting a 51 on the front nine of my home course) today I went a few miles out of town and shot a 99 at a slightly easier golf club.  I shot a 50 on the front, no real trouble just a lot of doubles, and pulled out a 49 on the back, with two blowup snowmen to boot.
  I was surprised that Bautista did such a plausible job with the amount of dialogue he had.  His deadpanning was spot on.
I saw Guardians Of The Galaxy Friday. I'm easily giving it an eagle. It's not a perfect movie by any means, but manoman what an awesome time myself and the rest of the theatre I watched it with had. Tons (just about too much) of great humor, incredible effects ( and that was the 2D version I watched), and some suprising performances. W I might even miss a round of golf this week to go see it again in 3D.
I remember my parents having a grey market satellite with free payperview. I must have watched Total Recall and The Running Man dozens of times. I went to see Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes the other night. It's easily a birdie. I'd like to rate it an eagle, as the apes were absolutely gloriously presented, and extremely well acted, but my only gripe was that the movie seemed a bit repetitive at times. Talk, then battle scene, talk,then another battle. Don't get me...
That was the Last Stand, I think.
I finally shot double digits on a hometown course. It's been five long years of golfing anywhere from 130-105. I shot a 52 on the front and a 46 on the back. My first birdie of the year came on a skilled chip shot from 60 yards out that somehow went in the hole. At least three wasted birdies messed up with three putts. Pars:2 Bogeys: 6 Birdies:1 Penalties:1 I lost only 1 ball today. My best shots came when I could relax and not think about hitting the ball, just...