or Connect

Posts by The Phoenix

I think I concentrate on keeping my right leg from moving, so as to not slide/sway back, that it ends up staying bent like that...  so maybe a backswing thought is to have a fuller rotation and allow the right hip to move up a little (straightening the right leg), before bumping the left hip toward the target at the transition? 
Well now.... I guess the pictures don't lie.  I would have sworn that I stay pretty stationary on the backswing - but I do make a slight shift backwards away from the target... It seems I get over the top because at the transition, I start opening my hips and swaying back towards the ball a little before my hands start down - which essentially shifts my hands out from my body as they start down....resulting in the out to in swing path (if that all makes sense).    So...
Good point -I can totally see what you're talking about.    I think I have a naturally shallow backswing plane, and my instructor has given me the "low and slow takeaway" guidance.... Combine that with my thought that I come "over the top" leading to an out to in swing path, that has me going more and more shallow to avoid that tendency.  Perhaps the shallow plane leads to not having enough room for the arms and hands to clear (leading to the OTT path)....   I'm...
Well, a quick update... I've been driving the ball quite a bit better lately.  The most significant thing I did was to close the clubface a tad bit at address (strong grip).  That has got me hitting the ball much straighter.  Do I hit all the fairways?  Not by a long shot - but, the slice seems to be very minimal - and, I'm just off the fairway in most cases.  I think the accuracy will improve in time.  Lessons have been good - but, after the last lesson, I was getting...
Another thing the PGA pro was saying, was to move the hips around and sort of up a bit...that "hip bump" thing.    Between my weight back so far, and the hip bump, and the head back....it all just seems like it would add up to me getting down too much on the ball (take a divot)....   I need to get to the range and feel some things out ... hopefully tomorrow.  we'll see how it goes.  I'm going to work on things for a week or two, then post some follow up videos to...
I've seen this sort of picture quite a few times....and of course, feel like that's what I'm doing...even thought, I'm not...It looks to me like I'm pretty straight up 50-50 on weight distribution, but at least I have my left shoulder above my right.... need to open that up more like the picture you posted (obviously).   So a couple questions related to this setup...   1.  The rotation seems like it would be much further back from the ball like that....resulting...
Thanks for the feedback.....I really do appreciate it.   I think I see what you mean about my left side.... my left leg pokes out away from me when I'm just about at the transition....I think that might have to do with the fact that I'm not very flexible...especially my hips.    On the weight transfer, the first video, I see that too....my weight sort of stays back.  I wonder if this is partly because I'm trying to keep my head back, so it leads to the weight...
Thanks for responding!  I was beginning to wonder if anyone would... Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly do you mean by "laying off the shaft"?  Do you mean holding back the hands until the hips and shoulders have gotten more turned back towards the target?  And, whatever it means, are there drills you can recommend to practice that?  Or is it just more of a feel thing?
I've been Playing Golf for:​ 2 years My current handicap index or average score is: 25 My typical ball flight is: inconsistent! The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: push slice   Help!  I have this push slice going on, and can't seem to get things straightened out.  I'm very inconsistent with it - sometimes, it seems to go fairly straight and just fade a bit.. other times, I really slice it bad.  Other times, I just shank it.  Any...
Hey there.... I've been very grateful for this forum - lots of great information from everyone.  I'm finally at that point where I think I need help to get my swing improved...and thought this would be the right place.  I started lessons at my home course, but figured, I need all the help I can get!  I play with my son quite a bit, and we have some similar issues.  Mostly, consistency and a tendency to slice with the driver.  This is certainly the most frustrating game...