or Connect

Posts by aevans410

New swing video tonight :     Definitely getting more of a weight shift, hip rotation felt good, things are looking up. Now to work on cementing that feeling in and then on to stopping that wrist casting problem.
Since it's on the Wii, It doesn't have the option (that I know of) to use just the controller as anything but motion sensing.   This is the attachment I'm speaking of :   This is why I'm wondering. I was hoping someone has experience with something like this. I think I'll take your advice though Ron and not mess with it.     Thanks for the input.
I'm very serious. I am currently putting in hours a week in drills to fix errors in my real golf swing. The sklz swing stick has a handle, shaft, and grip just like a real golf club. I tried using my "normal" golf swing on the game with really poor results. I don't want to "undo" hours worth of work and was asking if anyone else has had a similar experience. I'd rather not screw up any progress with positions and movements that I'm drilling.   Sorry I asked.
Maybe someone can help me out here. I have Tiger Woods 12 and a friend of mine got me the Sklz stick golf club to put the remote in. I really enjoy playing it, but have been afraid to since I started to pick up golf again.  Anyone have any experience with it and if it will hurt my real world swing?
I think I just had one of those "a-ha" moments!   Using a stick thats about as long as a club, I took slow motion swings, really trying to feel my hips go first, then uncoiling of my shoulders, hips, and keeping my left wrist flat. Low and behold, I came through the slow motion swing with the stick coming from the inside-out, hips turned more toward the target, and finished nice and high with almost all of my weight on the front foot! Then I repeated it a few times....
Actually, I think it might. I did try to hit balls with the hip forward preload drill and was hitting them flush.   I'll give that tip a try, thanks!
Currently working on getting my ball striking more consistent and proper. Hands in front of ball contact and getting that whipping action of the clubface through the hitting area.
  I was 303 pounds back last June. Since then, I have dropped 80 pounds and am in the best shape of my life at 37. I'll share a few things that I've learned in that time.   1. You can't outrun your fork.  By that I mean nutrition will be 80 to 90 percent of your success in losing bodyfat. Keep in mind I didn't say weight. No matter how much exercise you do isn't going to make a difference in the bodyfat department if you eat a poor diet. Do some research on caloric intake...
Nobody watching at home knows who is yelling the crap. The only one who knows are the players, caddies, tournament officials, and gallery at that particular tee. Vigilante justice should prevail :D (just kidding)  
I guess for me, it would depend on what part of the Tour you were talking about. What's the chances of someone starting at that age with world class coaching getting a Tour Card at one point in their life? I'd say it's doable, but I wouldn't expect to see them playing on sunday afternoons. Keeping their tour card ? Slight chance, however not impossible.  Seeing that person going into sunday with the lead/in the hunt? That would take more than starting early and world...