or Connect

Posts by Pretzel

I played yesterday when it was fairly windy and had something similar happen with an 8 iron approach I hit for a par 3. I hit it solid, nice flight with a draw, and was hoping I wasn't going to fly the green with the tailwind I had when I saw it come down and barely clear the hazard in front of the green.   I've had stuff like this happen before, but usually just chalked it up to poorer contact than I thought it was. Usually if it gets too windy I try to hit lower...
He would have been better off with a more solid start than he hour with the only putting plan.The only putting thing bugs me just in that it's something that would be absurd in every other discipline, yet he thought it was a good idea to follow.Want to learn to cook? Go beat eggs only for your first year. Want to play baseball? Do nothing but throw a ball for the first eight months. Aspiring tailback? Go run wind sprints every day for six months. Tennis? Work on nothing...
My favorite local course is a par 72 with three par 3's, three par 4's, and three par 5's on the back nine. It's fun, because it does a little rotation between all of them so you never play the same par twice in a row on the back. Likewise my least favorite course in town is a par 70 that stretches up to 6900 or even 7000 yards and just isn't as fun to play. The par fours are too alike to each other to keep it interesting. I don't mind par 70 courses provided that they...
Regardless of your opinion on the matter, my experiment from two years ago was able to differentiate between the "premium" balls, with one being significantly better than the others (in terms of distance of the tee) at the 95% confidence level, or about 3 standard deviations. Opinion doesn't matter much when the data contradicts it, Shorty.As Boogielicious suggested, I was able to find that the highest and lowest performing balls were significant at the 95% confidence...
It's one of the few sports that, while improved by playing with a friend, doesn't require others to be able to play.
I walk most of the time, carrying my bag, and it's pretty nice some times. Part of it is that I know if I showed up to a tournament with a push cart I would be laughed off the course (I've seen someone near tears because of it before), and part of it is that I can go faster while carrying my bag than most people can riding in a cart. I figure so long as you keep pace, and don't smoke foul smelling cigars or cigarettes, I don't care if you drive a Cadillac on the course...
Protests are fine, provided that they don't break the law in the process. I'm surprised they weren't arrested and fined by police for trespassing if it was private property.As to how it should be dealt with, play it as it lies! If you land in their breakfast though, would it be a "fried egg" lie?
While I realize that 5 swings per ball is less than ideal, it is my bare minimum goal for data collection. The problem becomes time on the simulator with the number of golf balls I would like to test. If there is time, I will hit each ball as many times as I can fit in, but that's the reason for the constraint. I figure that a little data is better than no data, and it's nice to have a direct comparison with numbers. One of the options I am considering is only testing...
While a contradictory viewpoint is appreciated, my previous testing had showed differences in the balls to the point that the numbers could identify the ball that was hit on the shot.
Due to budget constraints (I'm currently in high school), I have decided upon a final list of golf balls that I will attempt to obtain for testing purposes, just because I can't test them all as much as I wish I could afford it.   - 2013 ProV1 and ProV1x - 2015 ProV1 and ProV1x - Nike RZN Black and Platinum - Bridgestone B330 and B330-S - Srixon Z-Star - Callaway Chrome Soft - Callaway SR3 (This one is a maybe, I haven't seen them anywhere near me)   Once I...