or Connect

Posts by Pretzel

I played in a tournament once where I skulled a gap wedge over the green and into a greenside bunker 30 yards past my intended green. There was a group putting out on that hole, and they originally got mad thinking the group behind them was hitting into them. Of course it would be too lucky to follow up a terrible shot with a great one, so I fatter the bunker shot just barely out of the bunker before pitching it on. I also had a similar shot go in exactly the opposite...
He must not have been a real Canadian goose then. I would have expected him to step right out of the way otherwise.
The summer before my freshman year in high school I got my first handicap of 24. I spent both that summer, as well as the two since, playing every day I can over the summer (so usually 5-6 days a week in summer, 3-4 during school weather permitting) to get to where I am now. Some days I would just go out to hit a bucket of balls and chip, but I made sure to go out there whenever I could in order to try and make the varsity team at my school. The consistent practice was key...
That's interesting that you note a Callaway driver as being louder than usual from the start. My experience (from playing with others) has been that Callaway and Titleist generally have the most muted sound to their drivers, while Ping and Taylormade are usually the loudest. Perhaps this is a more recent trend since you also noted your driver was older (nothing wrong with that by the way, I love my G10).
Just to give you (the O.P.) a few ideas of how to work on these, I'll share how I improved in these different aspects myself.1. For this I got a chalk line from Home Depot. It was about $5 and the chalk was just as cheap. I took this out to the practice green and found a slightly breaking putt about 10' in length. I would then hold the end of the chalk line in place with a tee from where I would start the putt, and stretch the line across the intended line I wanted to...
One difference I've noticed between Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy is the way they play. McIlroy seems to me to have a more aggressive play style that lends itself to more birdies, but can also lead to more bogies when he's not on top of his game. Watching Spieth I feel like he has a more cautious gameplay that revolves around not making bogeys more than trying to make birdies. That's not to say that Spieth doesn't make birdies and that McIlroy never lays up, but that's...
So far I haven't tried anything, just because I wanted to be certain that it wouldn't damage the putter first. I do have Remington Oil handy though, so I will try that soon and report back on the results.
Hi, Over the winter I stupidly left my clubs in the back of a truck with a fabric bed cover during a snowstorm. The headcover of the putter was soaked and, despite my best efforts, the putter now has several spots of rust across the putter head. Since my putter doesn't have any special finish I was wondering if anyone had techniques for removing rust that worked well for them. I don't believe the rust is major, it's mostly just discoloration, but I'd like to prevent it...
The one shot I can truly say I have neverĀ been able to hit, with 100% confidence that I am not unknowingly incorrect, is the hole in one. A lot of the other shots I may have hit once, likely on accident without trying, but I've never had a hole in one unfortunately.
Provided that you are not holding up play or taking massive divots and the course manager doesn't mind, I see nothing wrong with that. I know I do it when I hit a poor pitch or chip, or even just one that is different than what I wanted. I'll just drop a second ball right there and hit it if there isn't another group right behind me.