or Connect

Posts by Pretzel

Hello everyone,   In working to change my swing to try and avoid my heel coming up immediately into the downswing I have been wondering as to why exactly it is a good thing to keep the heel planted. In comparing my swing to those of the pros I can see that nobody is nearly as extreme as me (I'll post another set of videos tomorrow to the "My Swing" thread, but I recorded them today and didn't have time to post them), I just am wondering what the benefit is of having the...
I'm heading back down to the same indoor facility tomorrow. I was planning on doing it today, but I was given two bags of apples today that happened to contain wasps within them. I didn't feel comfortable driving further than just going home knowing that they were in the vehicle, so I'll let them die from the cold tonight before I head out tomorrow to film my swing.   I did, however, drive a golf cart to a nearby course to play and hit some golf balls as well as play...
Since I can't edit my last post, it must have timed out, I envision the alignment aid as being an arrow (or maybe multiple arrows in a quiver) on top aligned perpendicular to the face.
This is why I don't enjoy playing in the cold as much. If it requires more than a long-sleeved shirt I know my distance will usually suffer some, but I at least know what to expect when I put on a jacket. My guess would be that a sweatshirt or a windshirt slightly hampers my range of motion, meaning I end up not taking a full backswing on each shot.
Surprisingly, I would have to answer yes to this question. When I tested the G30 I honestly didn't expect an improvement, but with the fins having a name like "turbulators" I had to at least hit it to see. I actually ended up hitting the ball between 10-15 yards further on an average shot, both on the course and on a simulator. I put one on order, but will have to wait a couple weeks before it arrives (ordered it three weeks ago with a five week backorder on the Tour...
They could do a "Catching Fire/Hunger Games" themed one (it would nicely coincide with the release of the first part of Mockingjay, which comes out November 21st).   Heel stamp: The mockingjay pin, filled with gold   Toe stamp: The Capitol's seal (have the opposite factions on the opposite ends of the putterface), filled with silver   Sole decoration: The Hunger Games in a burning script, painted to look like fire, with a blank path cut through the center by an arrow...
One that I forgot is a habit of pulling my glove tight on my thumb when adressing the ball. I have short thumbs according to Footjoy, so my glove is always long in that spot. A little tug on the collar of the glove above the thumb fixes that before each shot though.
You kind of have to do this if you're walking and carrying your bag. Is it common practice to just leave the headcovers off when riding in a cart? I never paid attention to this, but it would bug me to have my woods all rattling together.
I would try them if I hadn't just bought the s55's this summer. I probably still will try them, but not with intent to purchase.
Heat guns work well for this. I do second the notion of wanting a shaft puller for graphite. The torch is fine if you're very careful (can't overheat it or you'll melt the graphite and ruin it), but the shaft puller is definitely a necessity. It pulls the head off immediately when the epoxy breaks down. I've reshafted my hybrids and woods without this, and it's a real pain that will somewhat frequently (50% of the ones I did) destroy the tip of your shaft and require you...