or Connect

Posts by Pretzel

Ha ha, I wish. It is a similar feeling to when you get a massage and they work on a tendon or muscle by sort of pushing it out, then letting it snap back into place. Less pleasant though, for sure. I suppose a weird thing that's not necessarily an injury would be that I have a perpetual case of dry, calloused hands and a lump on the outside of my right ring finger. The former is caused by my distaste for lotion in dry Colorado combined with grips that do a very good job of...
The only thing I have is a weird tendon thing in my back. It's between my left shoulder blade and my spine, and I can oftentimes feel it pop sideways in my downswing around impact. It's a feeling like it's slipping over the top of a muscle or another tendon. It's kind of odd and I saw a doctor about it when it started happening, but it's apparently not harmful.
Indeed, you can even see him taking relatively normal practice swings in a couple of the clips.
That would be true if he just happened to be walking around in a thunderstorm. Waving a large conductive rod in the air makes those odds against it not as great as they would be otherwise.
I've played in snow, hail, and pouring rain, but lightning is another matter. The game isn't worth dying for people, so just go wait out the storm!    On the subject of the picture, I'm going to guess photoshop. The player and the bushes immediately in front of the lightning bolt have good lighting and clarity, whereas a picture (or video frame) taken by a phone with lightning in the background would look much more washed out than that. Phone cameras, at least to the...
He appears to be making okay contact, but his swing just stops after impact. He tries to stop the club completely is what it looks like, which would cause the step/losing his balance forwards and to the left at the end of his swing (as his body attempt to halt the rotational/forward motion of the club its inertia is transferred into the body).   Sure is weird, but it appears like it works for him to enjoy the game. I can only imagine the stress it puts on his back...
With a large deal less time and money to golf, as well as with no tournaments to practice for, I see my handicap likely doing a backwards slide after my first year of college. Unfortunately, them's the breaks.
The other big thing about the times that I broke 70 is that, in each case, I wasn't actually paying attention at all to my score when I did it. The casual rounds where I've broken 70 at my home course I would play the course with some music playing softly in the cart, talking with friends, etc. so that I never actually bothered to look at my scoring total. The tournament round in which I broke 70 was the day after prom, so I was barely able to stay awake between shots...
Greens, greens, and more greens, along with decent putting.   Every time I have broken 70 it has been with no fewer than 14 greens in regulation (and the one time I did it with 14 I had good scrambling with a chip-in and only 1 bogey).
20 yards out: I would hit a pitch shot with my lob wedge, a somewhat soft one by my standards, and account for it to roll out some since I don't have enough clubhead speed to really generate spin, only height.   30 yards out:  Another pitch shot with my 60* wedge, but this time a "full" pitch shot that will roll a bit less upon landing due to greater height and spin.   40 yards out:  I will hit a "full" pitch shot with my 56* wedge, that will end up rolling out...