or Connect

Posts by Pretzel

Or we could call it Dan Plan 2.0 and nominate someone to do it, if anyone was willing.
Sorry about the double images of my club during the swing, that's a byproduct of Windows Movie Maker. Watching the swing in V1 you don't see that, but in Movie Maker you do. I'll try to find another program to slow down the video that doesn't do that before I next post swings.   In these swings I appear to still be getting onto my right toe early, and I'm a bit unsure as to how to approach it. It would be the advice in your "toes up" video that I would want to follow,...
I'm heading to the same indoor facility tomorrow afternoon to film my swing again (with both driver and irons), but in the meantime I figured it might be interesting to post a couple statistics of mine throughout the high school tournament "post-season" (I purged all my data before the regional tournament and restarted using the regional tournament and the state tournament plus practice rounds).   Fairways: 58% Hit, 26% left, 15% right   Greens in Regulation: 60% hit...
My last post came out a bit harsher than intended I realize now, but it still holds true.  If a majority of successful professional golfers (including the last 3 world #1 golfers, one of which holds the record for the longest time in that spot) are lifting weights and doing flexibility training why doesn't Dan do that? I think the best thing for Dan to do is privately (no blog post, no publicity about it, just talking realistically to himself) have a conversation with...
It's not, at least to me, necessarily that he's not on track for his goal (I didn't expect him to be with his lofty goal), it's just that he has the outward appearance of not realizing how far off track he is from the goal and he goes off on seemingly unrelated tangents sometimes.If you want to play on tour as your goal, great, but you better bust your balls trying if you want to come close. That means you can't just go out and play a daily round with a one hour warm-up...
I feel that, at least at the start, he trivialized the amount of effort it takes to make it as a professional golfer. He seemed fairly happy go lucky about the affair and was confident that he would make it without a doubt despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary that can be found in mini tours across the country. Now that he gets into it though he is starting to realize the amount of work it takes, and even just how hard it can sometimes be to be honest in your...
No, they're upset because he doesn't appear to know what he's talking about. It looks like he's just talking about things without explaining them, and he's also likely falsifying information. I would be willing to bet some good money that he hasn't swung a 7-iron faster than 90 mph even once in his life, much less with a shorter than standard shaft in it while obtaining a 4% better smash factor than tour players do. If he talked about his swing plane and said something...
Ok, this I'm going to call absolute bull on (a bit late to the party, I know). With his swing (and his most recent numbers putting him at a driving distance of 270) he is not coming anywhere near a PGA pro in either category.
Unless you had identical twins with parents who had the inclination to do so.
Agreed. I'll take an 8i approach over a 6i approach any day I can (though I'll also take a wedge over that 8i when I can as well).