or Connect

Posts by Pretzel

You kind of have to do this if you're walking and carrying your bag. Is it common practice to just leave the headcovers off when riding in a cart? I never paid attention to this, but it would bug me to have my woods all rattling together.
I would try them if I hadn't just bought the s55's this summer. I probably still will try them, but not with intent to purchase.
Heat guns work well for this. I do second the notion of wanting a shaft puller for graphite. The torch is fine if you're very careful (can't overheat it or you'll melt the graphite and ruin it), but the shaft puller is definitely a necessity. It pulls the head off immediately when the epoxy breaks down. I've reshafted my hybrids and woods without this, and it's a real pain that will somewhat frequently (50% of the ones I did) destroy the tip of your shaft and require you...
I greatly prefer to find broken tees whenever I use an iron or hybrid off the tee, but if I'm hitting a 56* wedge or a 60* wedge I can't tee them up. I hit it bad every time, so I stopped trying and now just make a little raised mound by thumping the sole of the club into the ground to place the ball on for those two clubs.   One thing I have to do is set my bad directly to the right of my ball (except when teeing off). This is the one place where I never feel like it...
That must be Titleist's new innovation: A perpetual motion machine designed so that you can be serious when you say that your approach shot just rolled out forever.
It may be a bit of a drive for you since its in Erie, but it's a pretty nice stop there and they're upgrading everything this winter. It's called Leonard's Golf if you want to look it up. Adobe of the planned improvements are a trackman in every video stall, and they're adding a second simulator too.
Or we could call it Dan Plan 2.0 and nominate someone to do it, if anyone was willing.
Sorry about the double images of my club during the swing, that's a byproduct of Windows Movie Maker. Watching the swing in V1 you don't see that, but in Movie Maker you do. I'll try to find another program to slow down the video that doesn't do that before I next post swings.   In these swings I appear to still be getting onto my right toe early, and I'm a bit unsure as to how to approach it. It would be the advice in your "toes up" video that I would want to follow,...
I'm heading to the same indoor facility tomorrow afternoon to film my swing again (with both driver and irons), but in the meantime I figured it might be interesting to post a couple statistics of mine throughout the high school tournament "post-season" (I purged all my data before the regional tournament and restarted using the regional tournament and the state tournament plus practice rounds).   Fairways: 58% Hit, 26% left, 15% right   Greens in Regulation: 60% hit...
My last post came out a bit harsher than intended I realize now, but it still holds true.  If a majority of successful professional golfers (including the last 3 world #1 golfers, one of which holds the record for the longest time in that spot) are lifting weights and doing flexibility training why doesn't Dan do that? I think the best thing for Dan to do is privately (no blog post, no publicity about it, just talking realistically to himself) have a conversation with...