or Connect

Posts by Pretzel

Oh, I thought it might be a new one. I didn't realize that iacas was going to edit the one Mchepp did.
Ooh, an interview you say?
The problem is that pursuing a career in professional golf has quite literally ruined many people. Their bodies, bank accounts, and relationships are all destroyed by the rigors of the mini-tours that only a select few can advance past. Trying is fine, but studying would be a lot more important for the individual in question at the moment since it can guarantee a better future as opposed to taking a chance at which he would have a 99.99999% chance at failing. 1 in a...
If a majority of your time is spent studying, the answer will be no in virtually 100% of cases barring some phenomenal talent that likely would have already manifested in some way. If you meant going pro as a teaching professional, there is nothing that would hold you back there.
The two are not mutually exclusive. You don't have to play at a glacial pace to play well. Take your time when you need it on a shot to focus, and then don't dawdle during the other times like most do.
In Harvey Penick's Little Red Book he told a story about a pro/gambler who would ask his playing partner midway through the round, "Do you breathe in or out on your backswing?" to mess them up.   In answer to your question I would say it's likely inappropriate at a serious tournament (if the players in your group are in contention especially). However at most scrambles I take every chance I get to goad my partners (even though they're playing with me) since it's all good...
But my question is why would you do this? You say that you hit it further and more consistently with the 3-wood, so why not just use that instead? You get better results more consistently, so I would recommend continuing to use your 3-wood on the par 5's and straight par 4's since it goes further and is much more consistent from your comments. This would, of course, not be an ideal strategy once your driver troubles are sorted out however.
Get used to, and learn to enjoy, the pressure of the tournaments by playing in tournaments firstly and adding pressure to your casual rounds as a backup for when there are no tournaments around. Set wagers with yourself or friends, enough to feel significant to you (whether that's a $10 Nassau or $0.10 skins, whatever is enough to cause you to care), when you're out playing instead of just going out with nothing on the line. If you're alone maybe tell yourself you have to...
That was exactly my point, to try and represent the "average" D3 schools. Sorry if my representation was off, but that was what I had from reading the recruiting letters and looking up scores from the schools that contacted me.
On the topic of minor dislocations, I've dislocated my knee a number of times (including once on the golf course) and have never required medical assistance or sedation to pop it back in. It hurts like heck, but it can be done without too much trouble, especially if you've done it before.