or Connect

Posts by cm70056

Ernest, I warm up with both my SW and gap wedges, while doing so, I am trying to get a feel for how firm the ground is that day. My SW loft is 50, same as my 50 gap wedge, but i've got significantly different degrees of bounce between these two clubs. Whichever club is suiting the ground conditions better on that particular play will be the club I leave in the bag to play with (usually i just always carry 15 clubs because I don't play competitively and my playing partners...
I always start by chipping around the green. I do 6 shots with each club PW,SW,50,54,58 to get my arms loosened up and get a feel for green roll-out. I then spend about 15 minutes putting - 5 minutes of putts within 5 ft, 5 minutes from 5-10ft, and then 5 minutes from greater than 10 ft or studying grain/break.   I then move off to the side and take 5 swings with each Iron, hybrid, wood, and driver. I am just focusing on getting my back loosened up as well as making...
When you say you want a career in golf, what exactly do you mean? What do you picture as your "dream" job?   In my opinion, I think you should pursue another degree in sports turf management with a minor in business administration. This dual degree program would make you valuable for golf course operations or business administration.   You could probably also qualify for many of the big golf OEMs with a business administration degree in marketing or PR.   Personally,...
Thank you sir! I already had Estrella on my list....excited to play that course! Wigwam was a new one. I think it looks like a nice course and I would like to play it. Another question I am wondering, is it critical to book tee times with these courses? It seems like they charge more if I try to book a tee time 1 month ahead. What is the possibility of just showing up and "playing in" at Wigwam and Estrella?
Hello All!   I will be taking a 10 day vacation starting the 2nd week of April and will be staying in Goodyear, Arizona. I have never been in this area before so I need some advice on where to play. I would like to try 4 or 5 different courses and then pick one public course close to Goodyear that I can play multiple times. I have been looking at a lot of different courses on the internet, but I always feel first hand experience from local golfers is the best.   Here's...
Hello all! Need some advice. Since we are still in bad weather here in Illinois, I have been swinging the clubs every night for 1 hour indoors without hitting balls, just focusing on swing techniques. I am having problems getting my hips to "clear" and point to the left (I swing right handed.) I can get my lower body around and get my hips to face square to the target, but I'm having a hard time getting my hips to keep traveling on that path and point to the left of my...
I just recently ordered a new set of Mizuno Irons. I went into the shop figuring I was dead set on the MP-59's and just needed to get the right shaft. My opinion entirely changed when the clubfitter had me compare the the 59's with the 54's. To me, the 54's felt as smooth as the 59's. I couldn't feel a big difference between the two clubs, but when swung with the same shaft in each club, my off-center hits on the 54's were still decent, whereas with the 59's, off-center...
Well I went ahead and ordered a 302 from across the pond last night. Got one shipped here for under $210, which I thought was a pretty good buy. This is the first time i've ever bought a club over the internet without ever hitting it in person. I hope it lives up to all the good reviews I have seen on it. Can't wait!
IMO, you will never know a good fit until you go get a fitting. There are so many combinations out there nowadays that a good fitter should be able to find something for you that makes your swing work. You need to hit something so good that it immediately makes you realize what you are missing in your current set. I wouldn't feel bad about getting a fitting and not buying clubs. Fitting is what many of the shop Pros do for a living and it's part of their normal job...
I am in the market for a new putter to go with my new Mizuno MP-54 Irons and MP-T4 wedges and I would really like to put a Mizuno MP A-Series putter in my bag to keep things matching. I am having trouble finding out how to aquire one. I see a couple on ebay, coming from Japan, but i'm not seeing the model and shaft length combination that I want. I would really like an A-302 or A-304 with a 33.5" shaft. Does anyone have any good advice or leads on how to easily buy one...