or Connect

Posts by RandallT

Yah, I stumbled on them recently and just watched a few. I'm torn. I think the quality is good, and there are some nuggets of good info there.   http://www.nbclearn.com/science-of-golf/cuecard/64725 This one above on putting, for example. It seems scientifically pretty good. There's a tease about a cool camera that takes 10,000fps. There's analysis of potential energy, kinetic energy, sound energy, heat, work, power.... but at the end, you don't see much practical...
Good luck, Eyad!!!I'm signing back up for evolvr again soon-ish. I am still working the same things I was assigned last year, and it DEFINITELY helped. Posture!!!! I think my head moves too far forward on my downswing, because as I get my weight forward, the head comes along for the ride! (but evolvr lessons hadn't gotten to that flaw yet). On your Face-On driver swing, I think if you compare where your head starts at the top of the BS and where the head ends up at impact,...
Plus an interesting dynamic with those two. Tessa and Katy played together in a Women's US Open I think I heard. They bonded about injuries they were dealing with.I think Tessa sized Katy up from that round previously and felt confident she could win. Says Tessa is not afraid to put aside friendship and go for the jugular to some degree.
 My guess is this in bold above is your priority piece (mentioned by mvmac early on- Key#1). I'd think that the tips on this forum about a centered hip turn would be useful. If you stay centered, you head shouldn't have as much lateral movement.  (Again, see my previous caveats: I have little clue what I'm talking about- I'm just another guy aspiring to know what I'm talking about). Your swing still looks way too good to be 33 HCP!!!  Looking good to me.
I like simulations (in college, I did "Monte Carlo" computer simulations of thousands of baseball seasons to determine the long-term effect of various parameters...), so I thought this was interesting (caveat with models/simulations is of course: garbage in/garbage out, so careful): http://iacis.org/iis/2003/TigerSpeersSimpsonSalzer.pdf (2003 study from Southeastern Oklahoma State University) A key quote:6-minute tee times!?! Yikes. Interesting they used that as the...
 I'm thinking we are underestimating Jimmy. I think the guy is steady so far, even if he wins none of the immunity challenges. He's been tested in elimination challenges, and he just keeps his cool. No drama. His pro record is more extensive than Toph/Anthony, and nearly on par with Charlie from a quick look at past tourney records. Charlie is riding high and always seems to deliver, but anyone can have bad challenge or two (remember Sadena- she was dominating at this...
 Again, as I just wrote in a comment above to someone else, I think you've just described the "Shot Zones" concept in the book, "Lowest Score Wins."  If it's different, it's only subtly different. 
 If you take a look at "Lowest Score Wins," the idea is not actually that "distance trumps accuracy," but that shot zones must be incorporated into your strategy (and distance plays a big part of the shot zone, but not all). I think that to argue against the idea that "distance trumps accuracy" is a bit of a strawman. I think your argument above is very similar to the "shot zone "concept, actually. Here's an example thread on this:  
Anyone ever tried to analyze where on the ball they are making contact? Of all places, I just read on "The Dan Plan" (http://thedanplan.com/an-early-winter/comment-page-1/#comment-51401), a regular commenter named Richard Chen who had idea that it's useful to see if you are hitting the ball on its midpoint. Obviously you need to go retrieve your ball and look at the pattern left on it, which is left from something like crayon that you put on the tape of your club. The guy...
http://thedanplan.com/an-early-winter/ Is this the start of the project wind-down? He realizes he needs to start winning tournaments, so that's good. He's still hopeful that's possible, so his optimism remains. I guess that's good. It looks to me like he is also saying (rationalizing to himself?) that this new flexibility in his plan of finding some work and putting golf on the back-burner a bit for the winter will make his potential for success rise "exponentially."...