or Connect

Posts by RandallT

Ah, I see. I thought the grammar seemed tortured, so I didn't quite grasp where Matt was going with that. That woulda been pretty cool if you made today's event to get a personal look at how things were working at the event, if there was confusion about some "rulings",  and maybe get some more details on things: how exactly do the drops work (always drop on fairway?), do they condone non-comforming clubs/anchored putter for the future, etc. Seems like they're really...
I saw a brief clip today on Golf Channel, and I was a little surprised that they are advocating posting "relaxed rule" rounds for your handicap.  Hmmm. My previous understanding/assumption was that these rules were for fun rounds, recreational rounds, whatever you want to call it, but never for handicap purposes.   http://www.golfchannel.com/media/morning-drive-reaction-relaxed-rules/ Check out the 3:50 mark of this interview with amateurs. Sorry- you gotta sit through...
Ouch.Have you ever tried the technique of pretending to roll the ball to the hole first, before you putt. Get the sense of how hard to swing your arms if you were to roll the ball (no club). Then putt with that same sense of force through the ball.Maybe carry an extra ball in your pocket and actually roll one to the hole first. Feel how hard your arm had to release the ball. Did it go too far? Too short? Then adjust yourself and putt with that sensation. Obviously...
Chevk out http://thedanplan.com/courses-played/ - he's a guy much discussed here. He is documenting his journey in golf and has reviewed most courses in Portland. He plays throughout the year in Portland and has videos and blog entries of himself playing thru the different seasons. Send him an email- he has replied to a couple I've sent him. Edit: oh crap- I didn't see u were forum leader ! I wrote my reply to someone I thought didn't post much. Duh. Was quickly...
Anyone know how we can easily calculate our own "Strokes Gained"? I'm not sure what I'd want my baseline to be- others with similar handicaps? Pros? Either way, as long as it's consistent I suppose. http://strokesgainedcalc.com/strokes-gained-calculator/ Found this link but I'm on my phone. Will have to review when I get home.
On Golf Channel today, they did a quick segment on the "gimme" rule. Afterward in their round table, it was agreed that these "rules" are being well-received overall- or at least much less poorly than they feared. They stressed that people who are so inclined should just pick one or two or three of the rules, if they disagree with others.So I guess this is just not a full set of rules, but more of an a-la-carte set of ideas from which beginners can choose to give them...
I took it to mean anchored putters (I know the USGA didn't ban them). I just assumed Golf Channel throw out the rules about what is and is not a legal stroke, and they figured that by saying no restrictions on equipment, people would realize they can use any equipment any way they want. They never mentioned this in the show, so I am probably off-base. That's what came to my mind though when I read that rule.A couple things I remember they said on Morning Drive that I'm...
Curious where too. I think the blond woman featured in both those commercials is the same person. Sure looks the same to me.The Tom Watdon, Snedeker, McDowell, Poulter commercial is good too. "What's that guys name?.... Sneeeeeedeker yah that's right"
My last Evolvr lesson included this piece and I'm still working it too. I think I do it fine in mirror and slow motion swings with a ball at the range, but on video at full speed, I can't seem to get it. I took a break from Evolvr (and golf) for a bit cuz of time constraints but hopefully can pick back up. I'd be embarrassed if I haven't powered through this stumbling block though. Hope you can get through it better than I'm able to thus far.
Snedeker and Watson have done MasterCard commercials together. There's one where Watson isn't allowed into the chipping contest and Watson moans "Sneeeedeker!" Seems like they hit it off. I know it's a dumb commercial, but id imagine people bond over several hours of extra media stuff like that. Prob won't hurt Snedeker's chances anyway.