or Connect

Posts by RandallT

http://www.symetratour.com/stats/stats-detail.aspx?q=avg%20driving%20dist&y=2014&p=1 Symetra Tour driving stats for 2014. Sadena leads with 265yards, 5 yards beyond the next player. It looks like about 150 players are ranked with the 70th ranked player at 220 or so. That'll give Sadena a big edge with 45 yards more per drive on every hole, as long as her accuracy is decent. Her putting rank is quite bad on the tour, so maybe that's her downfall so far this year. Maybe...
 I agree with bolded, Dan. Drives me nuts. I really don't think anything the PGA/USGA/Golf Channel has had or will make an impact. These folks are just who they are and mostly oblivious to it all, but somehow it's got to be something we all just do. It can't easily be enforced, because the courses don't like pissing off their customers.  I'm often on the tee ready to go when the group clears, usually without the "honors" and saying things like "ready golf" or "alright,...
Bummer. Also a fan of Sam now.    Guan Tian Lang -1, T38, tied with Henrik Stenson, so he's still plugging away with the big boys I see. 
I took our family to Lake Placid for a couple nights before dropping off one of our girls for her first year of college in VT. What a cool, laid-back town. The quaint Olympic village feel is still there. We did canoe-ing on the lake, did the chairlift and the elevator to the top of the ski jump facility, saw the museum (acquainted the girls with the Miracle on Ice and the days of US-USSR, which they are vaguely aware of), saw Whiteface Mountain (some pretty cool hiking at...
http://www.symetratour.com/golf/tournaments/symetra/florida-s-natural-charity-classic/full-results.aspxThe Symetra Tour earlier this year with the largest purse so far had Shannon and other Big Breakers. Jackie was tied for 2nd. Shannon disappointed (I liked her). She even lost to Emily Talley. Stephanie Kaniyer and Malorie were there. Taylor Collins too (missed cut).Mary missed the cut. I didn't see Sadena.
Seems to me that for those that are opposed to various experiments like this, there will courses that do not participate in these kinds of ideas, for various reasons, so there's no reason to worry that golf will now be a different beast. There's nothing wrong with a whole bunch of courses being experimental while times are tough in the sport- especially the lower-end municipal courses or executive courses. I'd love to see them gin up as much excitement and experimentation...
So far this BB seems far more boring than others. I just watched a bit on On Demand while I was doing other tasks. Seems like a snoozefest the last couple anyway. No real surprises as the weaker players drop: Lindsay, Kristi, Kylee, etc . Next should be Fiamma, maybe Renee or Mary. Let's just get quickly to Sadena and Jackie head to head for 18 holes, because even season's interpersonal drama is boring (and overall play less than inspiring). Any other matchup seems...
I remember one time in college I travelled through London with my sister to visit the parents in the Middle East. We had a bunch of hours to kill so we went into town and stumbled on Americans playing softball. I considered myself a pretty good player, having grown up playing fast pitch baseball through high school (and later as an adult). They asked if we would join them and since it was just a fun social thing, I thought I should go easy on them. Ha. It turns out I...
Good luck, Crim. I empathize. Hang in there. I had nearly the same shankdom two years ago at a crummy par 3 course. You'll get it back. Just stick to fundamentals and you'll find the face of the club again.
I watched Hank Haney try to teach Michael Phelps on the Golf Channel a while back. It seemed like Hank had Phelps pound balls until his hands were blistered up. The main swing thought was to keep the club on an inside to outside path. After a bunch of full swings, Hank would chastise Michael that he was losing focus and getting sloppy. Anyway, I was struck by the number of balls Phelps was hitting. Is that something Haney believes in? Sheer repetition at full speed, row...