or Connect

Posts by RandallT

I'm calling BS on him being a kid. He's actually a clever mole to create dissension in our ranks. Didn't work! Rfk & lihu sorted it out.
Ok, HanNL- I have the geekiest of geeky spreadsheets mostly finished. I've been chipping away at it from time to time. Tweaking it and adding. I finally said "Enough!" Here's the link--> http://we.tl/07HorHKnPM  (it is a Mac only spreadsheet using their "numbers" application). If I get inspired, I'll try to convert to Excel someday. This is my first real experience using Numbers, and I'm loving it. First some screenshots. Then I'll explain it all. Lots of detail, so people...
Good grief, what a bunch of idiots.  Love the stories.   My one and only tournament, I teed off on 18 from a set of tees that seemed crazy. I had the honors from a rare good hole on the 17th. After I teed left OB with a wicked hook, a fellow competitor told me I had teed incorrectly, showing me where the markers were.     As it turns out, the tee area adjoined the tee area from a front-nine hole (that was pointing roughly parallel), and I had put my ball in the middle...
Unfortunately, Sam never found the game he obviously had in the Q-School to make the OneAsia Tour (http://www.oneasia.asia/news/tournament-news/1038-yi-holds-nerve-to-win-top-q-school-ticket.html). I've looked for updates on his situation since the end of the season but can't find anything. Best of luck to you, Sam and Ben.  He did play in the Australian Open (the one Jordan Spieth won). Lots of MC's and WD's last...
Tied with Matteo Manassero. Not too shabby. 
 Well, it's good to hear Fox apologized. Media should be held to a high standard, and they need to be humbled when they put out information that is incorrect and misleading. I agree they drew a logical link that was not there. Their logic appears to be: "Portions of city (the "banlieue") are dangerous and police sometimes fear going in." PLUS "Many of those in the "banlieue" are Muslim immigrants"....THEREFORE "The banlieue exist because of radical Islam" That logic does...
Anyone have any launch monitor numbers that compare the launch conditions for these 3 situations if they have same dynamic loft: 1. Hitting down 1* with a 10.5* loft driver 2. Hitting level 0* with a 9.5* loft driver 3. Hitting up 1* with a 8.5* loft driver I would think #3 would be the most solid, while #1 would be a more glancing blow (more spin?) Would launch angles be nearly identical, as the numbers might indicate? My guess is that with the positive AoA, the...
 Agreed that his characterization of Muslim enclaves was exaggerated. Hopefully Fox News apologizes for putting out bogus info. They deserve all the mockery and derision for the idea that an entire city is a no-go zone.  At the same time, let's not demonize anyone who brings up the discussion as necessarily crazy. I hope that discussing the idea of no-go zones is not determined to be politically incorrect. It is a very real topic that needs to be hashed out- civilly. Here...
    Updated graph. A bit busier! This has some more updated rounds. Plus I found a swath of scores in his "countdown" that we missed from 2013.   We also added the actual handicap in YELLOW and actually calculated a pseudo-handicap in RED. The pseudo-handicap is based on raw score only (but averages the best 10 of the last 20)- no differentials, no regard for tees played. It tracks fairly well actually.  Some divergence lately, but I think they shut down their...
 Saw that! In post-game interview, I was surprised that he said he thought he hit a pretty good shot. He said he really blistered it, but that it ended up shorter than he expected. I think he was trying to put a huge draw on it (so it appeared as a hook to me), but he said he was surprised that it ended up where his swing was obstructed by the low palm tree fronds on his backswing. Obviously he knows the course pretty darn well, because of his two victories there, and he...