or Connect

Posts by RandallT

I enjoyed the finale, but I can't say it was exactly thrilling. Justin had his chance when he went on a roll midway through the round, but like you guys said, Richy just kept grinding away without getting too shaken. I think Richy and Robert have the best shots at moving their careers forward, but Robert has only played 2 events on PGA (Latin American) tour with no good finishes. Richy has done this:He's steadily shooting under par in web.com events, with a T18 last...
To my knowledge, the various strokes gained tools available all use PGA Tour data. If you dig hard enough, you can find enough publicly released information that you can patch together how many strokes it takes professionals to hole out from virtually any distance and lie.  I'm sure there are now databases from other tools that have similar information about amateurs, but I've never found that info available. There has been talk about Mark Broadie releasing some data for...
Hey, I posted a new thread here a year or so ago, and when I re-read it, I still have no clue what the heck I was thinking- something about the path of the club and shoulders/hips...  and just a confusing mess of words.  Fortunately nobody was as snarky to me as I was to you (I think someone even asked me for clarity, and I wasn't able to really straighten out what I was thinking). Definite dunce cap moment for me. Anyway, I apologize for being an ass.    See you around in...
I went to my carpet by the front door.  I got into a powerful posture.   I momentarily forgot everything. The world melted away. Just me in my posture.  Yep, I was there. Comfortable, strong.   I bent knees more, then less. Strong then weak. Then I did it all backwards. Then got into that best address position for me. I tried, anyway.  Here I am, posting.   I had a 9-iron from the umbrella stand by the front door. Hope that's ok.  I saw what happened. Not much. Guess I'll...
How often do you hear Morning Drive say "he finally got that monkey off his back!" for a guy with 17 PGA Tour wins?
Very cool story. I think the golf gods are very aware of statistics like standard deviation. Every once in a while they let you get consistent and then an alarm bell goes off that your SD is too low. They then conspire to catch up with one round.  Good news is that you should be good for a while as your standard deviation is likely ok for the next bunch of rounds. Go shoot 89 now! (but then again, that pisses them off too, because you hit other alarms of theirs)
Yes as they mention above, a sad attempt at a jovial welcome. My attempts at humor frequently go awry. No offense intended.I'm actually interested in this one so I was chiming in briefly in between errands today.
Because that's how it is. That's how it's always been and forever shall be. The audacity of even bringing this topic up is appalling. :)Welcome to the forum! Actually I had no idea that was the case. Very interesting. Hope someone can shed some light on this bit of trivia.
Troy Merritt just shot -10. 7 birdies on back 9. 9 birdies in last 12. That's lightning in a bottle. Tied course record I think they said.
To generate the graph a few posts above (with the blue, green , red and gold lines), I would sift through his narrative, his GHIN, and his GolfShot profile. There were commonly little discrepancies between the 3 as I tried to reconcile them.  It got to the point where I just ignored the differences - just posting the lowest of the whatever I saw. I figured in the long run, the difference between a stroke or two on a round every so often was quite negligible. My thought on...