or Connect

Posts by Highbeta

No argument there :) Will disagree with what you are saying to the extent that athleticism will, in my opinion, define the upper limit of what is possible with a well choreographed execution (mechanics etc). Athleticism can limit what is possible with excellent mechanics just as poor mechanics limits what is possible as a result of excellent athleticism. We can argue in circles all day about this one.. these two factors are inexorably interrelated when it comes to...
    Some perspective for those who care, whether you believe it or not makes not one iota of difference to the reality that I am speaking the truth:   I'm in my mid 30's.. within the last five years, I was doing deadlifts with 315lbs for sets of 15. In university, my time in the 100m was in the 10s. It is amusing that some of you feel that PGA golfer's are in any way an athletic bunch.. Tiger and a few others excepted. Golf is a game of extremely precise hand-eye...
I have never figured out a formal handicap, I don't play often enough.. maybe 12 rounds per year or so. I do go to the range a couple of times a week though, on my way home from the office, as a way of relaxing. My score, when I keep it, is usually in the mid 80's at several local courses (Mayfair Lakes, Northview Ridge Course, Quilchena).
  I'm guessing that either you don't know or perhaps you don't remember what it's like to be athletic.   My average swing speed over fifteen swings was 122mph last week with the driver, at the local big box. Never said I was a good golfer, but yes, I hit the ball a long way.
Driver 320-340 3W 285-305 3i 255 4i 240 5i 225 6i 210 7i 195 8i 180 9i 165 PW 150 56 lob 115   All of the above are full swings; I would definitely trade some distance for a better short game. There is nothing like...
I realize that the OP has likely resolved his driver issues by this point, but thought I would throw my own 2c in and bump an old thread, since it might be helpful to others reading this thread as a result of a Google Search (like me!).   *Puts flame suit on*   I am 6'3", 210lbs, played football, track, hockey etc etc growing up.   My driver swing speed hovers around 120mph, consistently. (I am not guessing).  Swinging at 100% puts me just north of  130mph...