or Connect

Posts by GHIN0011458

I don't usually post on these but I will start. This is my first one.    This is what I see..    Backswing Driver/Iron: Your take away looks pretty good. One thing I would work on is your right knee comes in towards your left leg.. try to bring the knee out towards the ball more not in towards your left heel. A good drill for this is to take a range basket and put it next to your right leg. In your backswing, you should not touch the basket with your leg at all. Keeps...
Thanks for the help. Yes I really do need help putting. I absolutely suck at putting, almost to the point where it is embarrassing. Going to buck up and get a putting lesson.. might even attend one of those clinics for beginners just to break it all the way down where there are like 5 people who never played golf before in a group.. it is bad right now. 
It is my lag putting that is leaving me the 6-10 feet on super fast greens. I can putt fine in rounds at a local public course but when it comes to a 30 footer in a tournament, I either blow it past or come up way short. I will admit I would like my proximity from the hole with my irons to get better but tournament golf = center of the green for me unless I have a wedge in my hand. Wedge in my hand I am looking at around 15 feet on average from the hole at 115 and in....
Erik (@iacas), do you think I should work on putting more or ball striking. My last 5 competitive rounds I have averaged 13.2 GIR. I have averaged 34 putts per round. I am wondering if I should continue to work on my ball striking or do you think it would be a good idea to work on putting? My chipping isn't bad at all. I am missing a ton of 6-10 foot putts. I have had 1 penalty in 5 rounds and have a scoring average of 73.2.    I think that working on my weakness in this...
I don't recall me ever doing it either. I do like it when someone comes on here wanting to be on tour though and everyone rips them apart.. those are good reads. There are guys here who think they are right 100 percent of the time and everything is tried and true with them. No wonder people might be worried to say something and then have three guys jump on a bandwagon and say they are totally off line with what they say. I think that if you weren't hounded on for giving an...
That is because there are guys like @Phil McGleno on here. 
I Played a tourney this weekend. 75-72-76. Putting 35-32-36. Ball striking by far the best out of my grouping all three days(2nd to last group going into Monday).. should I work on putting or should I continue to work on ball striking? Finished 8th overall; http://www.rhonegillis.com/GREENVILLE%20LABOR%20DAY%20FINAL%202014.pdf
4 strokes** 4 is below the 7
This is also a theory, not a tried and true method. The biggest thing that I believe in is make a weakness a strength. If I have a weakness I will work on it until it is my strength.. then I think that is where you start to see yourself improve the most. I think you see yourself in levels of about 3 stroke differences. At least I have. 6 years ago I was 18 strokes worse than I am now. So 90 average through my first year of golf. 2nd  year I actually improved 4 and averaged...
 I understand that it is very important tee to green. But right now I am hitting 13 GIR and having an average of 32 putts. Tee to Green is fine, and I do reinforce my swing with small bucket while I am making strides with putting. Have to get average putts to 29 for next year. Once the swing starts to kink up a little bit then back to tee to green. I think smart golf with hitting the irons pure leaves you with a good score regardless. I hit my irons very solid right...