or Connect

Posts by GHIN0011458

I have these exact ones. 
Everyone had to start somewhere - and for me at least, I remember going on GolfNow and finding the cheapest round I could find. I would play crappy courses just to play. But more importantly I would practice a lot.. a ton. I would work on one small, specific thing. I used to have a HUGE slice. I am hitting 6 irons what I used to hit my 3 hybrid.. that is all over 7 years. Just practice more than you play until you can keep your ball in play. 
no worries. I actually don't see myself as a good golfer because I never win anything. I am more concerned with my Anti-Handicap. which is like 4.7 or around there. To me that number is more important because I want to be as consistent as possible. I think 5 strokes difference from my handicap to my Anti is too many.. OT though. 
Has played in- not won.. I don't even know if he has made a cut actually. PGA championships/Senior PGA's and US Opens.  I am just saying he can make it there with that game. And yeah I mean one round I will make 5 and the next day I might not make any.. so if I average 2-3 a round I don't see it as a lot. Guys who are winning these events are averaging around 5. My game is birdie the easy holes/bogey the hard ones and par the rest.. + handicap doesn't mean I go out and...
Good luck with this 200 vs 250 argument here on the site. If the course is wide open and the rough isn't penalizing then the longer ball of course is the shot. I typically play very thick rough and I hit a lot of fairways. I RARELY make birdie from the rough(but I don't make many to start with). What everyone should do is hit the shot that puts them in the best place mentally. The shot that you can commit to, the shot that is going to leave you with the best chance at...
I took some time off from practice the last month and half- up to about two weeks ago- Wife lost a baby. I had already committed to some tourney's so I followed through on them. Haven't been on here in awhile. But I will follow thru on these updates. I started practicing two weeks ago and picked up the pieces rather quickly here are my results over the last few...
"the expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations."  Now I'm really confused.. 
Okay- sorry about that. I will take your word for it. I will get there though, to the point of beating him. Thanks for the motivation today :). 
 I know but I am still amazed you have a guy who plays once a week, has never practiced, and he plays to a +2. Why haven't you tried to get him to take the game a bit more serious and see where he falls? I mean he could at least be ringing up amateur events left and right.  I get that time doesn't mean success. But it takes time to put in the information and unlock the natural skill to be successful.. right? 
That's fine if he can beat me. lol. I obviously still suck at the game but am trying my best to reach my potential. I am guessing he shoots one or two under every time he tees it up in a recreational round. It is very impressive that he plays off a +2 after four years and never practices, I have to give the guy credit. Obviously he has no competitive drive or he would do something with the talent he has.