or Connect

Posts by GHIN0011458

4 strokes** 4 is below the 7
This is also a theory, not a tried and true method. The biggest thing that I believe in is make a weakness a strength. If I have a weakness I will work on it until it is my strength.. then I think that is where you start to see yourself improve the most. I think you see yourself in levels of about 3 stroke differences. At least I have. 6 years ago I was 18 strokes worse than I am now. So 90 average through my first year of golf. 2nd  year I actually improved 4 and averaged...
 I understand that it is very important tee to green. But right now I am hitting 13 GIR and having an average of 32 putts. Tee to Green is fine, and I do reinforce my swing with small bucket while I am making strides with putting. Have to get average putts to 29 for next year. Once the swing starts to kink up a little bit then back to tee to green. I think smart golf with hitting the irons pure leaves you with a good score regardless. I hit my irons very solid right...
I practice all the time. But the range typically I only hit a few balls at. Maybe a small bucket when the swing is going well. When it is time for a swing change, I will grab a jumbo about 4 days a week and the buckets will gradually get smaller as the change kicks in. I won't play any golf during this time.    Short game is where I practice most of my time. We have a nice facility with a large green to chip and putt on. Fortunately, they are open until 10:30 so when the...
ABSOLUTELY there is cheating in every single four man scramble I have ever played in. I will never play in one again unless it is free for me or is for charity. I am way too competitive to tolerate the cheating. I stacked a team with 4 guys who played college golf and we shot -16 and we got beat by 2 by some guys wearing jean shorts in their 60's. I also had another time where we lost by a stroke and the team who won had not 1, not 2, but THREE EAGLES on par 4's. I have...
It's not me! I actually  hope he does well, but I honestly don't think he puts in as much time as he says he does. I also think the way he is going about the whole thing is flawed. If I can average 75 in tournaments after 6 years of golf then him putting in as much time as he has said would put him at least in the 70's. Maybe Talent and hand eye coordination are more important than 10,000 hours though. If he can make it, I sure as hell I know I can lol. He needs to play in...
Alright Individual Season is over for me.    2013 Tournament Scoring Average: 78.58(12 Rounds)   2014 Tournament Scoring Average: 75.72 (18 Rounds)   In my 6th year of golf. This year I saw the biggest drop of scoring average. Usually it is around 2 strokes and it was 2.9 this year which is promising.  Yesterday I played my last event and fired off my first ever bogey free round so that was a break through. Game going into it wasn't very good so I just played smart...
I'm still here. I'm not trying to be on tour, just trying to be the best golfer I can be. Hopefully that is on tour, but I doubt it. My game is horrible right now by the way.. swing changes have started for next season. I feel like I suck, shot 1 over on 9 yesterday but hit the ball horribly.. not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. 
Girlfriends(now wife) Dad needed a 4th for a scramble. Decided to suck up a little bit and hang out with his friends to do it. Got addicted. Now I'm here, 6 years later playing tourney golf and hoping to go pro around 30 depending on how I'm doing. 
This is how I feel. I go out and shoot 76-79-76-75 this week in tournament play against professionals and it is NOTHING. I feel as if I am a crappy golfer even though I can shoot those rounds in tournament golf. No one is good at this game until 50 percent of their rounds are under par is the way I look at it. Even par through 3 rounds in any tournament with a solid field will get you a top 10 and that is about it. The only thing that could satisfy me in golf is winning an...