or Connect

Posts by Bjans1

Agreed with the above that you should play the junior tournaments that your schedule will allow to build up some competitive golf experience. Do you play on a high school team?   I took up golf seriously at 14 and couldn't break 100. By 18 I was headed to play college golf with a plus handicap. It takes a ton of dedication and, even if you don't make the "tour", you're going to acquire some seriously valuable skills along the way.   The best piece of advice I can give...
I played two rounds with Bronson La'Cassie when I was trying to make the University of Minnesota golf team. Bronson won a Web.com tour event this year and has his 2014 PGA tour card locked up.    http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.26956.bronson-la-cassie.html   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronson_La'Cassie   If you see him on the leaderboard next year, root for him, awesome guy. 
If you're a 15 handicapper you might be better suited for something else IMO. If you're set on a 913, definitely get the larger, more forgiving D2.   I'm a 4 handicapper who went to a D2 earlier this year. I'm a high ball hitter so I have a 8.5 degree driver that is surefit down to 7.75 and the heavy mitsubishi shaft (black w/ the flowers in photos).   What are you trying to achieve by making the switch? What is your current ballflight shape? Do you want to...
I played 4 years of high school golf and then a year of golf in college.   My first swing in a golf meet in high school the ball moved exactly zero inches. Completely whiffed. I shot like 54 that day on a real easy course. By the time my senior year rolled around I had become one of the top players in the area. The progress I made and the life skills I learned along the way are two things that I am proud of.   Go try out, kid, you're in for a long and rewarding...
Hey all, first post. I feel pretty qualified to answer this question. I quit golf in 2005 after playing competitively thru my freshman year of college. I took it up again this year and have been completely re-hooked on the game.    Anyway, all of my clubs were roughly 8 years old including playing a Taylor Made R5 Dual 9.5* with a 65 gram aldila NVS shaft. I switched to a Titleist 913 D2 *8.5 with mitsubishi rayon 75 gram shaft.  I am a legitimate 30 yards longer...