or Connect

Posts by TJ106

I have gone to almost every indoor golf facility around me since about 50% of my time being interested in golf has been while there is snow on the ground.   There is not enough space on this forum for me to go over all of the problems these places have.  Most of which are brought on by themselves.   Small upkeep like correctly patching holes in the hitting net if not replacing.  Switching tees regularly(the one closest to me has the adjustable orange tee that goes into...
Jamo, I was going to try that fore kicks place in marlborogh next week, do you like it?  Is it big enough to get a good idea of ball flight?
I actually just started to do this last week.  So my pledge is to keep it up.  I took him to a golf simulator since we have snow banks about 4 feet high here still.  He shot like 90 something through 9 holes but he had fun.  He was just using the rental clubs which will make this even more expensive but I searched craigslist and picked up a few clubs here and there some free some cheap and built a whole set up for him to use going forward.  I hope to keep him into...
This makes me want to play at more courses to get a chance to play a round with someone famous.     That round with Dennis Leary someone mentioned must have been a blast.   I feel like no one famous plays around Boston much, they must go South.
Reviewed, I'm glad I saw this I have been meaning to review my new Pro since he has been so great to work with
I liked far corners, I normally play Wenham CC since its less than 5 minutes away from my work.  The only other courses I have played more than once or so was Black Swan in Georgetown and Gannon in Lynn which is only about 5 minutes away from home for me.   I will have to try some of these other ones out when the weather warms up.
Shortest par 3 I have played was 90 yards, longest was 246.   I don't know if there is a universal standard but probably something like if you have a wedge off the tee box then its a short par 3, anything over an Iron off tee box its long.   For par 4 there can be a huge range there but if you can hit the green off the tee or at least have a short chip on would have to be considered short, as for long par 4's they get up close to 500..which is hard to hit in 2 for a...
I once had a simulator tell me my 8 iron went 230 yards...i like to pretend they are very accurate
I first started with aiming left, but then I realized it would only get worse and worse.  So I figured if it gets worse by aiming left, aim more right.  Aim to the right side of the fairway...it actually helped a lot.  Your mind kind of fixes some of the things going wrong, i quickly developed a draw from doing this.  There is definitely more I need to work on to perfect it since I occasionally hit a hook or accidentally hit it too straight which misses right.     But...
I was on vacation up in Niagra Falls a couple months ago, I decided to wake up early and head over to a close by John Daly course.  It was a par 5, I hit a pretty good drive off the tee, hit my second shot up the fairway and chipped on to the green with about 10 ft left.  I had only been playing for about 3-4 months at that point but I was pretty confident in my putting, such a good feeling seeing it go in.  I ended up shooting pretty terrible the rest of the round but I...