or Connect

Posts by Mitch360

I'd be grateful for advice here. I've been trying to figure out why I suddenly can't hit the ball straight at all. Got so frustrated I decided to video my swing and now know the problem... For some reason I've started striking the ball with an open club face. Should I: A) work on rotating the club more or B) just take a stronger grip Any ideas on which is the best method to cure this? I want to choose whichever method is the 'correct way' to cure this problem. Thanks...
Thanks for all the good feedback. Having read the posts I think I know what my problem is. Until now, my method has been: 1. Hit 50 balls...hmm, Not great. I must not be doing something the pros do in their swing. Solution - watch some videos and replicate. 2. Hit another 50 balls... Excellent. Something went well, figure out what I changed and exaggerate it. 3. Play 9 holes with my new pro swing. Think plane, think do not roll wrists, think left shoulder down, think...
There are so many drills and tips around, I wondered what people's personal favourites are? i.e. Drills which have stuck with you and that you return to when things go off track. Also, I'm interested to hear about drills or swing thoughts that made an immediate difference. If you don't know what the drill is called... A description would be good. Thanks in advance.
Thanks David, good post. I think it's time to start again with quarter swings at the range. My problem I think is that I've tried to be too creative and have tried really hard to learn all manner of shots, although haven't mastered any of them too the point where they'll lower my scores. Maybe I've overloaded myself with swing thoughts, that I haven't now got a stock swing. I'll post back again soon. Thanks
I hope so. It happened at a time I really wanted to play well.. I was with people who I was playing with for 1st time and had been previously telling how good I was getting. So embarrassing.
I wonder if anyone has experienced this.... I have been playing for 2 or 3 years and have made steady progress. I'm a bit of a tinkerer and have paid a lot of attention to everything about the golf swing. Around 1 month ago I was shooting low 90's and could easily control trajectory, playing gentle draws and fades on command. Then suddenly, I had 1 bad round and now I cannot hit the ball at all. It's like I've just picked up a club for the 1st time. When I'm addressing...
Yes. Makes sense. Thanks.
Oh really, is that what it is?
iPhone for video. Not chatting! Obviously
Hi, I try to use the iPhone when possible at the range. I think it helps a lot. I've noticed that when I begin my downswing, the club shaft is bending away from the swing direction (as you would expect). However, as the club reaches the lower part of the swing, the club looks to be flexing the opposite and wrong direction? Is this my swing? i.e applying power too early in the swing? Or perhaps I need a stiffer shaft? I'm sure I'm losing power here. Thanks.