or Connect

Posts by jmsage

About 5 years ago in a high school match when I was a senior this kid I was playing with 3 putted 3 holes in a row and then proceeded to hit his putter for every single shot for the rest of the round.  He had 7 holes remaining when this happened.  
Not anymore... I typical start bad every round.  Like the last tournament I played in was 6 over the first 3 holes and 2 under the rest of the way for a 75.  Par 71. 
Congrats brother!  Still waiting for my first alby!  Finally broke through with my first hole and one.  Got it a couple months ago on a 320 yard par 4. 
My Ping Ketsch has improved my putting immensely.  Great feel. 
My advice to you.  If you are wanting to play short rounds play at slow times in the day.  I work at a busy course that does anywhere from 210-275 players per day.  From 530-12 its 4 somes all the way through.  A good pace of play for a busy course is 4-4.5 hours.  
Srixon Q Star
Would you be able to hit a 5 wood out of tight lies? 
Driver: Ping Anser 8.5 Diamana Ahina Xstiff 3 Wood:  Ping G25 Aldila Tour xstiff Green 3 Hybrid:  Mizuno MP-650 Fujikura xstiff 4-PW:  Ping i20 Dynamic Gold x100 Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4  DG Spinner 52/56/60 Putter:  Ping Ketsch CB 38'
Currently I hit a 3 hybrid, but it's kind of wore so I'm looking to replace it.  My 3 wood is my most consistent bag in my club (off the tee or the deck).  What would be the benefit of getting a 3 hybrid rather than a 5 wood? 
It really depends on strengths.   Play up to whatever yardage you are comfortable hitting into the green.   For example I'm good at hittings shots around the 80 yard range so i'd probably hit a 7 iron about 185 and hit a 3/4 56 into the green.