or Connect

Posts by islandersfan1

I had my first eagle today, on a par 5.. I hit the drive about 260, in the fairway, then a three wood to about 5 feet off the green, and chipped in!  The chip broke in, and I put my arms up because besides an ace and breaking 80, and Eagle has been on my golf bucket list.  I put the ball away, and plan to save it..  I'll mark the Titleist NXT Tour and keep in in my room haha...
84.  Best round of my life so far, and did it by not thinking.. Really just didn't focus on anything and just had fun with it.  
Thanks for this.  It really put everything in perspective.  As for the advice of aiming for the center of the green, I will try to focus on it.  I saw on another thread that one person has two goals in mind on each hole , and that's all he focuses on:  Fairway first, then GIR.  If I just look at those two things and focus solely on those, it might help me keep things under control.  Oh, and one last thing, does any one else split the course into 6 3 hole courses, and try...
Just an update, I still need to average exactly an 81 after an eh round of 88.  So I need to get down 7 strokes, and I have a match Monday.  I don't think it can happen, but my ball striking is improving thanks to the 5 simples keys and course management.  so I am playing my home course Monday, which is very narrow, where I cant hit driver.. It's going to be really tough, but if I stay mentally in it, and focus, and know what I need to do, I can try to make the first step...
Thanks for the responses. Ill take a trip down to a golf store tonight and see if i find one that i like
Hi, I am on the high school golf team, and my home course is a VERY narrow course that has woods on every hole, and only has about three holes where I can play my driver and be comfortable.  When I don't hit my driver I usually hit my three hybrid, or an iron if a hole is that narrow (there is one fairway that is literally 5 yards).  The three hybrid goes about 190-200 for me, but I've read that a three wood's distance is about thirty yards shorter of a driver with more...
93 at a school match.. It seemed a lot worse, so I'll take it.. If these are my bad days, I'll take that..
Ok, so here are the current standings (as of 8/21/14) AL East (although at this point it's the Oriole's which hurts me since I'm a Yankees fan) BAL: 73-52 TOR: 65-62 -  9 GB NYY: 63-31 -  9.5 GB (Tampa is 12.5 GB, but it's too big a gap for them to come back)   AL Central: KC 70-56 DET: 68-56 - 1 GB CLE: 64-61 - 5.5 GB   AL West: LAA: 75-50 OAK: 74-52 - 1.5 GB SEA: 68-58 - 57.5   AL Wildcard: Oakland: 74-52 Detroit: 68-56 Seattle: 68-58 - 1 GB Cleveland:...
Had first high school golf match of the year (which we lost by 6 because of a group getting disqualified for a bad card) and shot an 88.  Putting was really the thing working, I didn't count putts but it seemed like everything was going in (including a 40 foot par putt).  42+46=88.  Next match thursday at a MUCH easier course, so hopefully a good result comes from that!
42+48=90 ..  Drives were great, and the putter was just on fire.  Only thing that was inconsistent was irons, but I'll take that if the drives and putting are on.  Makes me confident for Tuesday match.