or Connect

Posts by flopster

No it's not wrong, only the way you verbalize it would be, Dan's complete naiveness at the start was accepted as that by most, I think what started turning more people off was his self promotion tactics and later the inconsistency in his posting raised many eyebrows (handicap vs anticap made little sense) and then his tournament scores really exposed his ability at a much lower level than he wanted anyone to see. Someone even who met personally with him said he's...
Agreed 4 hours maximum is plenty of time, now write your congressman and lets get this rolling.
About time somebody shined some light on him, way to go @Pretzel. Looks to me Dan is running out of steam to continue his schedule, He only averaged 100 hours a month this past summer, I get the feeling he is losing more and more interest in working on his game and instead would rather just play casual rounds, this was posted also by someone who actually met with Dan. If he keeps going at this rate it's going to be sometime late 2017 by the time he finishes.
Unless the shaft in his 7 iron is somewhere around 43"  Dan can't swing a 7 iron that fast, nowhere near that fast.
He is, didn't you hear Dan has a higher smash factor and swing speed with his 7 iron than the average touring pro, http://thesandtrap.com/t/45853/the-dan-plan-10-000-hours-to-become-a-pro-golfer/1800
The club I belong to has the lowest average index in the state of CA, in fact in our weekend games I get categorized in the not so low index page. Anyways I see both sides of what the OP is referring to quite often, thankfully there is more acceptance than disdain on the surface at least but who knows what people say amongst themselves and since I'm one of the high index guys I'm not in that loop.
In Dan's defense it may be possible the flight scope like he said will not throw anything out that is not solid evidence, however I find that highly unlikely, Also the guy/salesman with the flight scope is doing a good job hiding the fact he's trying to sell Dan a new set of sticks would be more believable. I'm not doing it but it sure would be funny if someone were to post this info in his blog. Also Dan may be full of crap about his numbers and lies to make his donators...
Had a tournament today and my partner just killed me a few times chunking easy chips, I told him to keep firm wrists cause he likes to flip the club at the ball.
I believe it will help to some degree but ultimately his own ability will be the final factor. I have always measured out to standard lie, length, with every clubfitter I have ever seen but this was done in a very basic process and not with a launch monitor, that is something I have always wanted to have done and am more determined to do if I want to get to the next level the equipment does matter.
I understand and see your point, maybe this is not the best solution for all players starting out but I know some would just assume pick up when things get crazy, played with one group at work and one guy took a 13 on one hole while others would just pick up at 8 or 10 at the most, really 8 is just an arbitrary number and I could see 10 even being a max score for a par 5 or maybe a 4.I think when a player sees or feels that they are starting to hold things up should be the...