or Connect

Posts by GangGreen

Shot a 46/46 = 92 on Saturday. Was a flat out mess of the tee but probably the best I've hit my irons all season and pretty decent on and around the green. 1 birdie, 2 pars, 10 bogeys, 4 doubles and a triple. 6 fairways, 4 greens and 2 penalty strokes on the day.
 Another +1, I've been taking lessons and working to correct the same issue and my instructor always starts our lessons with this drill. The other thing for me (and might not apply to your situation) is working on only taking 3/4 length swings. I have a tendancy to over-extend my backswing and, as a result, have a very difficult time getting it back on the correct plane in my downswing. My other problem (again, might not apply to you at all) but the other culprit for me...
I'm certainly not an industry expert by any means but I tend to agree that TM's woes are, in large part, self-inflicted. Certainly the state of the market didn't help, but they seemed to have totally misread the demand for their new products.
I like Rory a lot and think he's GREAT for the game on a number of levels (most of which has already been noted on this thread). As far as star power goes, from my perspective the answer is yes...why, pretty siimple, when my 14 year old daughter (who could absolutley care less about golf) comes home from soccer practice and asks me "is Rory winning, I hope he wins because I really like him" then the kids got something going for him beyond just what traditional golf fans...
5 iron for me, I switched out my 4 iron for a 22 degree hybrid and have no plans on going back. Have to say, though, that when I first started playing years ago I used to have a 3 iron that I loved teeing of with. I'm not sure I could even hit a 3 iron nowadays.
Certainly the state of the industry and economy played major factors, but based on my own experience in our area, I don't get the sense Dick's did a particularly good job in differentiating itself from any of the specialty stores as the place to go to get your golf equipment. I'm not an online shopper so I always buy my stuff at a retail location and the closest Dick's is within a mile of the local Golfsmiths. Pricing is the same but the selection is just better at the...
Sadly, I've given up on worrying about pace of play (others that is, not my own). As much as I would love to be able to get in a 3 or 3.5 hour round, it's the exception and I don't see that changing anytime soon for a multitude of reasons already mentioned in this and similar threads. It's a shame really since I think I would play a lot more if I could go and get in 9 in under 2 hours but more often then not when I have a limited amount of time I'll just hit the range...
44/48, 92 on the home course on Friday. Hitting the ball OK, not a lot of fairways/greens but also not missing by much either and avoided any real trouble for the most part. Short game wasn't great, but the putting was decent enough to avoid a lot of blow-up holes.
I struggle with this too but haven't found a complete fix yet. Lately, I've tried avoiding the driving range the day before I plan on playing just to keep the mileage down on the body. I also keep off the range the day after a round just to give myself time to recover. On the plus side, forcing myself not to go to the range gives me an excuse to practice my chipping/pitching on those days which has helped.
Since I've started playing again I've gotten invited to 4 or 5 scrambles for work. Mainly fund-raising events for our clients and usually on some of the nicest courses in our area. These are courses I probably wouldn't get to play otherwise and would I rather play my own ball...absolutely...but I figure it beats being at work anyday and at least I'm swinging a club under conditions closer to a real round then if I were practicing on a range. Besides, there's no beer...