or Connect

Posts by GangGreen

Great read, really makes you appreciate how good these guys really are and how hard it is for them to make a living out of it.
I picked the game back up last summer after being away from it for 15 years. I purchased new clubs last year when I started playing again and, from my experience, the difference in technology over that time span was HUGE particularly with respect to forgiveness. Hard to say how its effected my distance, I hit the ball more or less the same distances now then I did back then but I think age has offset some of the benefits of today's clubs for me. Would have loved to have...
You're definetly a non-golfer if you don't have a ridiculous looking tan line where your socks are!!!
I'd have to say yes, but maybe not as much as I would have liked. I've taken 3.5 strokes off my handicap this year, all due to lessons and focusing on improving my full swing fundamentals. Biggest change I've noticed is that my "misses" aren't nearly as wild as last year and, more often than not, still playable. My pitching/chipping also improved, not to the point where I would consider it a strengh, but I'm at least giving myself chances when I'm around the green. ...
I'm ready for a little break myself as well. I feel like I've hit a lot of balls this year between lessons, range time, and playing and, honestly, I'm a little burnt-out. I still have a couple of more rounds left in me before the clubs find there way to the closet but I can't see me hitting the practice range the way I was earlier in the season. I like playing in the fall, though, since when I do get out the local course is usually pretty empty. Time to start putting...
My first choice would be to play with friends, but second choice would be to play alone vs. being paired up with strangers. For whatever reason, I find that I get way too self-consious when I play with people I don't know (even though I know they could absolutely care less about what I'm doing). I tend to be more deliberate and focused when I'm alone and, when I play with friends, we usually have a gentlemen's bet going so that usually keeps me on my toes. That's not to...
I got a 30. I thought the article was well written (although a little on the long side).
You're story sounds similar to mine (started in college, 15 years off, took it back up again last summer). I'd recommend the game improvement clubs, you'll likely get many years use out of them. I'd also suggest trying out some hybrids (I carry a 4H and 3H myself), very forgiving clubs compared to their iron counterparts in my opinion. Also, if you can, I'd highly recommend getting lessons. Best thing I did this year. Don't get me wrong, I still stink but I stink less...
Been there for sure, I'd be a very very rich man if I had an explaination...haha!
I had a similar experience yesterday at a charity golf outing as well (scramble format). Been struggling off the tee lately but, for whatever reason, I was hitting it REALLY well yesterday. I don't know, there's just some "freeing" about a scramble format. I too have been taking lessons this season and it was nice not having to think about swing mechanics or the implications of a bad shot...just line it up and hit it.