or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by GangGreen

90% of my chipping/pitching is done with my PW (45) or GW (50).  The other 10% is probably split equally between an 8i and my 56 degree SW.  My thought process is to try to get really comfortable with one or two clubs around the green. 
I srtarted taking lessons again in mid-February. The place I go to happens to also have an indoor facility so I thought it would be a good way to knock the rust off and start the year with getting the fundamentals back under my belt. It feels great to swing a club again, only downside is I really can't practice what I'm being taught much between lessons. I figure its better than nothing though.
This may sound stupid, when it comes to my score it's all about how I'm hitting my irons/wedges without question BUT when it comes to how I feel about my round more often then not it's how I feel I was hitting my driver (if that makes any sense). Put another way, I'm usually loving life when I'm hitting my driver well but I've also found that my best rounds almost always more closely correlate to how well I'm hitting my approach shots (even when I'm having one of THOSE...
+1 for Eagles Landing, played there last summer, great course and the staff was fantastic. Would play there again in a heart beat. Only downside, no driving range.
Yes I do (unfortunately...haha). I use a phone app to keep track of my stats during the round and afterwards I try to replay each hole in my head to see what I did well and where I could improve. My recall is better on my home course, though, since it's easier for me to visualize each hole in greater detail.
I use a golf app on my phone (Golf Shot). I enter my score/stats after each hole (usually on my way to the next tee). I use a pencil/scorecard as a back-up too.
Physically speaking, I'd have to say I'd max out at about 3 rounds a week, especially if I threw in one or two range sessions a week on top of playing.
I've had this before too, for me it seemed to be the constant impact of hitting off harder surface driving range mats, especially early season when it's cold and my wrist are already tight. 2 things seemed to work when I had flair ups, one is to take more time off between driving range sessions (body needs time to recover and constantly swinging is just going to aggrevate it) and second was to wear wrist bands for a few weeks while I practiced until the pain went away. ...
FINALLY got out to swing some this weekend! Had my first lesson of the season scheduled on Saturday and it was just warm enough that we we're actually able to hit some balls outdoors for half the lesson. Sunday was also warm enough to hit the range. Felt great hitting some balls and I was pleasantly surprised how well I was striking it given how long its been. Sadly, the cold weather is back so this weekend was just a tease. Oh well, spring will be here soon enough.
I'm very interested in hearing how the instructors on the forum use technology with their students. Do you generally use the data to "see" tendancies in your clients swings or to determine how the things you've been working on with them are affecting the swing (or both). I took a good number of lessons last year with a great instructor. I've got my first lesson of the new year scheduled with him this Saturday (CAN'T WAIT!!!) and it will be indoors and with a...
New Posts  All Forums: