or Connect

Posts by GangGreen

Been there for sure, I'd be a very very rich man if I had an explaination...haha!
I had a similar experience yesterday at a charity golf outing as well (scramble format). Been struggling off the tee lately but, for whatever reason, I was hitting it REALLY well yesterday. I don't know, there's just some "freeing" about a scramble format. I too have been taking lessons this season and it was nice not having to think about swing mechanics or the implications of a bad shot...just line it up and hit it.
When it comes to club selection, a lot depends on how I'm hitting it that particular day. I went through an odd stretch earlier this year where I was hitting my driver really well (for me) but just couldn't seem to connect with my fairway woods at all off the tee so I found myself playing driver even on the shorter holes where a well-struck 3 or 5W would have given me more than enough distance to still play a mid-iron in. I have the same love/hate relationship with my...
 Good advice for sure, I've slowly come to the conclusion I need to do more of this. Lately my go to club on shorter par 4's has been my 5w. I seem to be able to get it out there around 200 yards and most of the par 4's on the home course are under 350 yards. The home course is pretty tight though so even a slightly errant 5w can leave you with a difficult shot in, but its still better then the pulled out of bounds driver...haha!
 Thanks, my biggest weakness these days continues to be off the tee. Although I've been able to keep the number of penalty strokes down (ie. out of bounds or lost balls), still too many of my second shots consist of me having to pitch back in play due to a wayward drive. Fortunately the irons have helped me keep the scores in the low 90s for the most part. The number of true blow-up holes are down, but my scorecard usually consists of a lot of bogey's with the...
I'M FINALLY IN!!! As of the last revision, my index had dropped to 21.5 so I can finally enter this thread. After a good number of lessons, I've slowly worked it down from a peak of 25 this year. Honestly, I had hoped to be much farther along at this point in the year when I started taking lessons, but still working on getting some fairly significant swing changes under my belt. Goal is to end the season under 20 so hopefully mother nature cooperates and I'm able to...
It varies depending on what I worked on at my last lesson, but it's generally along these lines. - A few minutes of stretching (mainly back and shoulders). - 10-15 balls with either my gap and/or pitching wedge, usually start with 1/2 swings and work up to full swings. - 40-50 balls replicating the drills at my last lesson, specific drills vary of course but they typically inovle a 7 iron, 3/4 swing, focusing on one aspect of my swing. - 20-30 balls with my driver....
Got in 9 at the home course on Saturday before the rain came. Shot a 45 with 2 pars, 5 bogeys, and 2 doubles. 4/8 on fairways, but no GIR's on the round. Only 3 putted one hole (the first one on the day) and all and all pretty happy, although I would have liked to finish out the round to see if I could finally break through the 90 mark for the first time.
Shot a 46/46 = 92 on Saturday. Was a flat out mess of the tee but probably the best I've hit my irons all season and pretty decent on and around the green. 1 birdie, 2 pars, 10 bogeys, 4 doubles and a triple. 6 fairways, 4 greens and 2 penalty strokes on the day.
 Another +1, I've been taking lessons and working to correct the same issue and my instructor always starts our lessons with this drill. The other thing for me (and might not apply to your situation) is working on only taking 3/4 length swings. I have a tendancy to over-extend my backswing and, as a result, have a very difficult time getting it back on the correct plane in my downswing. My other problem (again, might not apply to you at all) but the other culprit for me...