or Connect

Posts by FredP

Ahhh,I think I understand.  Going from graphite to steel you should go one notch stiffer, so to speak, to make up for the increase in shaft weight (which will slow the swing ?).  Did I get that right ?  
Thanks, kind of what I was thinking, I wasn't expecting a 20yd difference, 10 wouldn't have surprised me.  The club I'm thinking of re-shafting is a Rocket Balz 3 w/a stock Regular Flex graphite.  I get good distance but I'm all over the fairway.  I was thinking of going to a TT Multi-Step Lite with 1 hard step or a TT DG/SL with 1 hard step.  I have no trouble getting the ball in the air, just looking for as much consistency as I can and preserving the distance.  The...
Anyone out there using steel shafts in their fairway woods ?  I have a #3 Rocket Balz w/factory reg flex graphite.  It's a great club as far as disance (180) and ability to launch the ball, but I'm finding that it isn't as accurate as my old Callaway S2H2 that I replaced (steel shaft).  I was thinking of going to a TT/DG/Reg.  Any thoughts ?   F
Nope, it's not under warranty, I got it used, but I want to stick with it.  It's a good club and works well for me.  It's a solid club, good distance, good control.  As I said my only issue is that it launches too high.  I'm hoping to bring the trajectory down and pick up a few yards and some more roll-out.   Still torn between the NV 55/R and NV 65/R.  Any advantage or disadvantage to either ?   Fred
Thanks.  That was my feeling also.   I did contact Ping and they're pushing me to use their Ping Tour 169.  I'm thinking that this is just a sales pitch.  Will probably go with the Aldila.  I'll likely have Golfworks do it.   Fred
I need to re-shaft my Ping G20 10.5 driver (good driver), the factory TFC169D Regular flex developed a crack, and it's out of warranty.  While I'm at it I want to bring the trajectory down by using a L/M launch shaft and I'm torn between the Aldila NV55/Regular and the Fujikura Fuel 50/Regular. Specs on both are similar, and I had an NV65 in my older Taylor RX360 which worked well.  I'm leaning towards the Fuji but a guy I play with makes clubs and he says the Fuji is no...
Advice: There have been lots of posts on this subject, but it's still confusing.  I play a Ping Eye 2 iron, blue dot.  The clubs are great but I've got to re-shaft and re-grip due to their age.  I've been having some back problems lately and I was thinking of adding 3/4" to the shaft lengths just so I could stand a bit more upright at address and swing.  Will this small adjustment change the lie angle significantly or am I over-thinking this small modification.  Yes, I am...
Hi all,   New to this forum and I need some suggestions about shafts.  I'm 56 yrs old, only been playing for a year or so.  I started out with a borrowed set of Ping Eye 2 knockoffs w/TT-Lite Stiff shafts that I liked but had to return them. I found a set of Ping Eye 2 Blue Dots on EBAY and bought them. The heads are mint but the shafts and grips are in bad shape. I want to reshaft & regrip.  I got Ping fitted and they told me I was a regular flex shaft w/a Ping...