or Connect

Posts by Weed Whacker

Eh boy....     Now we get to scoring average......      Vardon's anyone?      My summary statement Jack is better than Tiger as of right now... Unless Tiger wins more majors.  Overall wins looks great in the history books but just doesn't get the excitement and awe as major wins.    Tiger is a hard worker not a point of contention...  His hard work hasn't produced 18 major wins....    Major's gentleman..... MAJORS   not Vardons, not scoring...
Wins are tangible.  Not a point to discuss..  because you will just throw this point away once I say Jack's Senior tour wins are not included.  With his senior wins he is ahead.  So Jack has now won more golf tourneys than tiger... Do not reply to me saying thats not fair to use because you want to use it as your measuring stick for your reason why Tiger is better. Now your measuring stick says jack is better based on Wins alone simply because you want to use WINS....
The debate is legit and I acknowledged that point from the begining. Tigers abilities are far more impressive than Jack's but with those points conceeded Jack had a natural ability far greater than Tigers.  Jack did not grow up trying to be a golfer even after he dominated an amatuer career.  He tried to be an insurance salesman. The worlds that these two men evolved in are not similar, to say the least.   If you have any doubt I feel Jacks career and life is far more...
Oh the problem with your googled list is simply the fact that you only quote headlines. You pulled out vardons! Are you aware tigers eligibility for a vardon is 60 rounds, 20 less than Jacks? Ifyou read past Tigers headlines you would have noted in your cut and paste list that Jack rarely played 80 rounds a year to be eligible. In fact, if you break it down to the now relaxed eligibility Jack would be at 8 as well. So what this means is your trying to stack up...
Sure I could quote you out of context too... that way I do not have to acknowledge any points you make.     Tiger's wins simple make him the next spectacle to watch, not the greatest.  Why you are having this discussion is from the hype of said PR team.  He has the best potential "to be better than" Jack, but until he does it why do you insist anything else?  The best analogy I can come up with at this moment is George W. Bush with a banner behind him saying "Mission...
As of right now Jack is better.   Tiger is "chasing him"   You cant chase someone who is behind you.     Jack also took some years off from golf not knowing he was going to be as great as he had become.  Tiger was a production, a trend, a big fat bottom pouting lip.  Keep in mind Jack's greatness came from being great, Tiger's greatness came from a public relations team.  He isn't the best but he was the next in line to become the best.  That is still the story line,...
Settle down rulers of all things golf.....       Your putter is illegal because the shaft no longer flex's equally in all directions.  I take this from the fact that you said you had to turn it 180 degrees to make it lay flat.  I am not ranting or raving just making an observation.  The shaft should be able to slip into the hozzle no matter how you spin it and flex the same in all directions.  If the bend compromised the shafts ability to do so it needs to be...